NFL 2007/8 A2K Road to Phoenix-The Duel In the Desert

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 11:55 pm
The fact that's your happiest thought is just plain sad.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 11:57 pm
Nonetheless....

Just a week or three ago you were baggin on me, "Champ"

RH
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:05 am
Rockhead wrote:
Nonetheless....

Just a week or three ago you were baggin on me, "Champ"

RH

That's because you consider yourself so much more a football expert than me. And also because I just shoot from the hip in seconds, while you spend days pondering your choices. Laughing
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:11 am
It must be the Arizona water....

High expectations, low results....

(They are who we thought they were.....)

RH
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:12 am
They were ... but we let 'em off the hook.

And expectations haven't been high for decades now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:17 am
Waiting for translation...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:19 am
ossobuco wrote:
Waiting for translation...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cDAq5tyfk9E
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:23 am
Questions?

(it's also now a beer commercial)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:49 am
See, I'm so behind on my catching up on all this stuff that I don't know who Dennis Green is, much less if he is right or wrong. Giving you a clue that any right picks by me are a .... miracle.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 01:22 am
Just for fun i skimmed through the thread and found this:

realjohnboy wrote:
hmm. I have met Mr and Mrs Cowdoc. They look normal. But look into their eyes. They are aliens, both of them are aliens. We must banish them from this game. Now. They pose a threat, a real threat, to those of us who are red-blooded real people.

Prescient or what?

Congrats Cowdoc!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 01:26 am
ossobuco wrote:
See, I'm so behind on my catching up on all this stuff that I don't know who Dennis Green is, much less if he is right or wrong. Giving you a clue that any right picks by me are a .... miracle.

Dennis Green was the coach of the Arizona Cardinals last year. The video is a now-famous rant of his post-game after they were beaten by the Bears last year. And he was definitely right ... but he still got fired.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 05:32 am
Congrats cowdoc!

On to the playoffs!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 07:27 am
Thank you for all your hard work on stats, JPB. You yourself should have been in the top ten. (but you were far busier than the rest of us)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:15 am
Congrats to all for making this contest a fun competition and activity for these last 3 months.

JPB you did a masterful job and added a lot to something that could have been a pretty dull activity. I always looked forward to whatever you had to say about the stats but then again I'm not quite 'normal'. Confused Rolling Eyes

Congrats to Cowdoc for being a challenging competitor and winning it. I tried but I just couldn't squeeze by you. At the end I found that I was trying to hold on to second place. Very good competition all around the list of players. Had I taken more risks in those last 2 weeks and looked more for the upsets I might've gotten my fanny kicked.

What are the plans now for the playoffs and Super Bowl? A new total...start from zero??
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:43 am
I second Ragman's praise, JPB. Great job all season long! I would certainly assume we're all even again to start the playoffs. After all, they don't call it the "second season" for nothing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:28 am
Congrats to the CowDoc!

Thanks to JPB for great stewardship.

(and a special thanks from me to OssoB for encouraging me to give this a try)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:30 am
So what do you think all-in-all, Cowdoc and everyone else?

Don't you think objectively speaking that it's been a pretty interesting season with the drama of the Patriots-Giants game especially? Or am I just basking in the glow of the Pats' 16-0 record season? The Packers/Farve season I feel added a lot of special moments. the Bear's Hester and LT included. I feel this season overall wasn't dull. Now we have the onset of the playoffs and Super Bowl to look fwd, too.

I think the Pats have come down to earth with the last 3 contests being a lot closer. The Giants have really shown how beatable the Pats CAN be -- at least during the end of the regular season. What do they have in store during the playoffs? Does their defense have another gear? How do the follow-up on what they have done? How can they bounce back and 'kick it up anothah notch' as they'll need to do during this second season?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:34 am
Congrats to CowDoc, Ragman, and LionTamerX; gold, silver, and bronze.
For fifth place, I get a kupie doll.

It was fun; and thanks to JPB for keeping it interesting by her math skills that most of us waited for every week with baited breath.

Looking forward to next year's football season.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:17 pm
Ragman wrote:
Or am I just basking in the glow of the Pats' 16-0 record season?

bask away, my friend... bask away.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:17 pm
Happy New Year to you too!

You were mighty close there, CI! Congrats
0 Replies