jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 06:43 am
I'm in.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:34 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
I'm in.

{{{{{{{{ jp }}}}}}}}}} Wow, good to see you. How ya been?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:14 am
I'll give it a go. Not in fantasy league any longer - so this is it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:36 am
when is the football fantasy league starting up?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:43 am
I'm in for another season of wild-ass guessing,
er, that is, scientific prognostication.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 10:02 am
Oh, and I'm in as well to the predictions.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 10:34 am
jpin, long time no see!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 10:42 am
ossobuco wrote:
it seems when one cares too much, poor decision making prevails (kidding). This probably means I'd be better at selecting in baseball..

Even if you're kidding it's often true. Remember that last season most of us did better than at least one ESPN expert.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 11:14 am
the usual suspects and some new

hi jpn
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 01:55 pm
My, my. Another surge in players today! I wonder how that happened? Nagging, osso, is an art form.
Jpinmilw (who finished 4th last year) joins. "What a bunch of losers," he mutters as he maneuvers into slot #17. Just to his left in #18 is Cjhsa, who coincidentally finished last year in 18th place. Did I mention that we had 18 players last year? Cyclop occupies the 19th position and George jogs into the 20th gate.
I still haven't heard from the Cowdocs in Salmon, Idaho. But I expect to.
Chiso has yet to open the pm I sent to him yesterday. Where is Fbaezer? I thought he would be here by now. Child of Light seems to have gone missing and Kicky(Mr Reliable)can said he is thinking about it.

Anyone else in A2K land is welcome to join in!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 07:28 pm
Re: NFL 2007/8 A2K Road to Phoenix-The Duel In the Desert
realjohnboy wrote:
It's back! The NFL's first game is just a month away and A2K will be here for our FOURTH SEASON!
That's right, ladies and gents, for three years folks here on A2K who don't know one end of a football from the other have been trying to pick the winners in each week's games.
The first year when we had all of 6 players, the winner (yes we do give a trophy out at the end of the year) was Realjohnboy in VA. Kickycan in NY won year #2 (12 players). Last year Chiso in TX eked out a win with there being about 18 active players.

There is no registration required and the scoring has been set up such that if you forget to play, you won't be penalized.

Let me know by posting here if you might be interested in participating.
-rjb-

Just kicking this up. This is a very low-key game where knowledge about the NFL (that's pro football) is not at all needed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 07:40 pm
So, who is missing? Chiso, cowdoc, mrs. cowdoc, cjhsa....

Among the absent are those absent who have C's in their names - with the occasional K. This is ominous.

Also among the absent are those who don't know they like guessing about a game of which they have no clue.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:20 pm
cjhsa is in, osso, but CotL is MIA
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:25 pm
I see I said 'among those absent' wayyyy too many times. Hmmm, what was I up to?

I thought I'd seen cjhsa, and then couldn't find him under my apparent influence.

Carry on, nurses.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 07:10 am
Hey everyone... I've been good. Staying pretty busy with school and starting up a little side business to help pay for school... but I got a little break so I thought I'd drop in and say hello. Glad to see everyone still here.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 07:16 am
Hey jp!
Good to see those dexterous digits again.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 07:53 pm
Good evening to everyone. I may be busy next week with my architect and the city people, so here goes, JPB, with the list of folks who have indicated an interest in playing this year. I have, alas, only abbreviations of some of the folk's screen names.
Realjohnboy (who finished tied for 11th of 18 last year); Sublime (3rd); JPB (15th); Liontamerx (6th); Panzade (14th); Osso (7th); Maporsh (*New this year); Gus (*New); Jespah (17th); Ragman (*New); Edgar (*New); Region (7th); Wandejw (*New); Tico (11th); Pantalones (7th); Ehbeth (*New)); Jpinmilw (4th); Cjhsa (18th); Cyclop (*New); George (16th); Cowdoc (2nd); and Ms Cowdoc (10th).
22 so far.
Start laying out the chart, JPB!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:10 pm
Mrs. Cowdoc is a sleeper. JPB is sharper than the finish number. Osso is duller than the finish number. Sublime is quiet but wise...
I suspect Gus is stupendously smart, but don't let him know.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:49 pm
ossobuco wrote:

I suspect Gus is stupendously smart.

That was funny, osso.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:09 pm
You think swamp guys can't be smart once they bathe?
0 Replies