NFL 2007/8 A2K Road to Phoenix-The Duel In the Desert

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 10:53 am
Right, Edgar, we don't do pre-season.

Yaaaaay, Gus!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 10:57 am
you can count on my 27 points again this year, RJB...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 12:19 pm
You are right, JPB. You are in slot #3. Gus, just downwind from Jespah, gets #8 and Region gets #12.
Who wants the #13 position?
I hava 23 columns set up and still to be heard from, amongst folks who played last year, are Chiso, JPinMilw, Child of Light. Pantalones, Tico, Fbaezer, Cowdoc, Cjhsa, Ms Cowdoc and George
Any new players are invited to come on in.

And yes, JPB, you are most welcome to take over any aspect of running this you want.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 12:26 pm
can i just watch for a while?

(i will take #13 but i may not post any picks until week 3)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 05:56 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
And yes, JPB, you are most welcome to take over any aspect of running this you want.

I'll take over the schedules, tables and tallies, but I'm not too good at being a pest. Wait... maybe I am, but I'd rather someone else took on that portion.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 07:31 pm
JPB wrote:

I'll take over the schedules, tables and tallies, but I'm not too good at being a pest. Wait... maybe I am, but I'd rather someone else took on that portion.

Sweet! I can continue to do the nagging unless Osso wants that job. If so I can totally retire from being involved in running this.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 07:42 pm
I'll try doing the nagging. You nagged by pm, right? Was there a pattern to it? Last minute? day before the first game?

Also, we could use some rule elaboration... if you miss picking a game on thursday, can you still pick the rest of that week's games?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:16 pm
Most nagging was done by pm. Except for the folks in Chicago. I have a cousin in Chicago. Bruno. He would "visit" some folks, if needed.

Rules were made up by me as we went along. I recall letting folks come in a few minutes late but I also recall once decreeing that a player was too late. I can't remmber why I did that.
I leave all of that this year up to JPB, knowing that she will appreciate that this is a casual little amusement amongst us, and nothing to be taken too seriously.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:31 pm
I think it was because it was the first instance and you wanted to keep things semi-sane. Then gus challenged you to a duel on your porch and I was going to be the official spectator/judge, but my memory gets sort of murky after that...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 09:00 pm
Oh, yes. I remember now. Gus wanted a duel on the Lawn of UVA. Me in front of the Rotunda. Him twenty paces away to the south. I was there at 11:45 am, waiting for high noon. I waited and waited, finally ordering a pizza, and then going home at 1:30 after throwing a frisbee to a dog for half an hour.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 09:17 pm
I'm in.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 09:19 pm
Yaaaay...
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 11:58 am
I seem to do better in predicting football (which I mostly don't like) than baseball (which I enjoy) for some reason. So yeah, sign me up.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:13 pm
I'm in.

As long as I'm allowed to base my predictions on team colours and logos, and don't have to pretend I have a sporting clue.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:19 pm
Yayyyyy and Yayyyy!

ehBeth, last year, I watched Jespah and her advanced choice criteria with utter envy... such fun.
Pantalones, it seems when one cares too much, poor decision making prevails (kidding). This probably means I'd be better at selecting in baseball..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:25 pm
I think I may go with bar stools this season.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 12:49 pm
What? Not shower curtains?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 05:43 pm
Hey, thanks osso. I'll find some other criteria for this year. I have a fan! {shniff}
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 05:46 pm
Not only that, you are a superbly funny writer (the a2k story thread). I know, I've said that before, but it's true, it's true.

<quiets down, tries to stop smiling>
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 06:13 pm
Our list of interested players keeps rising, much like the temperatures in the midwest, east and south. We hit a 100 in Cville today.
Wandejw goes tentatively into gate #13. You are welcome to watch for awhile if you would like, but you could participate and do as well as many of the rest of us by randomly picking.
Tico struts into the 14th slot. Confident, probably, but he finished in 11th place last year.
Pantalones takes the next position (#15) and begins by saying (sandbagging) that he doesn't really follow American football. He finished 7th last year.
And in the #16 position is Ehbeth. Whatever criteria you use is as good as most anyone else's, ehbeth.
Six new players players over last year's regular season group. Awesome.
0 Replies