NFL 2007/8 A2K Road to Phoenix-The Duel In the Desert

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 11:20 am
It's back! The NFL's first game is just a month away and A2K will be here for our FOURTH SEASON!
That's right, ladies and gents, for three years folks here on A2K who don't know one end of a football from the other have been trying to pick the winners in each week's games.
The first year when we had all of 6 players, the winner (yes we do give a trophy out at the end of the year) was Realjohnboy in VA. Kickycan in NY won year #2 (12 players). Last year Chiso in TX eked out a win with there being about 18 active players.

There is no registration required and the scoring has been set up such that if you forget to play, you won't be penalized.

Let me know by posting here if you might be interested in participating.
-rjb-
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 96,898 • Replies: 2,407
No top replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 11:25 am
I am two hundred and seven eighths sure I can make some good picks this year.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 11:34 am
interested
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 11:45 am
The whole NFL is junior varsity, and the only club in the varsity league is the Patriots.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 11:53 am
I'm in.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 11:53 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
The whole NFL is junior varsity, and the only club in the varsity league is the Patriots.

yeah uhuh
getting Moss is giving Pats fans a woodie
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 06:45 pm
Mixing our sports metaphors here, recall how race horses are brought to the starting gate and wrestled in?
RJB slips into gate #1...just because, damn it.
Sublime responded next, so he gets gate #2. The rap on him is that he parties hard on Saturday and doesn't wake up until just before game time on Sunday.
JPB slides into gate #3. She may, just may, become a big influence here. We shall see.
Liontamerx confidently slips into slot #4.
Osso backs into #5 and then realizes that everyone else is pointed in the other direction. She discreetly corrects herself.
Panzade heads for position #6 but then wanders off as he has for each of the other seasons. It is unclear whether he will actually make it to the gate.
And Slappy? He will spout and sputter---kind of like Gus---but won't actually reduce himself to playing each week.
Who else can I praise or insult?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 06:55 pm
I'm in.

You should consider setting up something on Yahoo on their pick'em leagues. You can PM me if you need details, but the setup is slick and everything would be automated for you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 07:37 pm
hah! I was just going to volunteer to coordinate picks, but now I nominate maporsche Razz
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 07:38 pm
Sure, I'm in, prolly can't play each week.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 07:42 pm
Pls count me in.

I never saw this pick-'em contest earlier, but at least I did see it in time for the current season.

For the heck of it (unrelated to the main contest), a prediction:
Pats will win 12 and lose 4.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 08:05 pm
Maporsche slides into lot #7 and looks over the field. Easy pickings?

JPB comfortably gets into the #8 slot next to Jespah in #9. They warily eye Ragman in the #10 position. Who is he? Does he know anything about football?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 08:09 pm
Of course I'm in, not knowing my hind end from my nose. 'Tis invigorating, this view of the paddocks.... er, locker rooms.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 08:13 pm
Does Ragman know anything about football? Tell me true, does this make any kind of significant difference? Oh, sure, Chiso does ok...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 08:13 pm
My interest in football is not so intense these days. Still, I want to see how the Steelers and the Texans do. I'll play. I predict that the current superbowl champ will not repeat.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 08:16 pm
TY, Osso...much appreciated.

I mustn't know too much about football, as I picked my Pats to go all the way last year. LOL Rolling Eyes

I'm hoping against hope that Asante Samuel doesn't hold out and plays the whole season.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 09:03 pm
Bedtime for Realjohnboy. And, my oh my, we are up to eleven slots filled with Edgar's joining. This could be awesome. I am clearing out the A2K NFL Headquarters and bringing in a new supply of Pabst Blue Ribbons, crackers and Cheese-wiz. And new desks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 05:09 am
I assume we are not doing pre season. I don't follow that.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:39 am
realjohnboy wrote:
Maporsche slides into lot #7 and looks over the field. Easy pickings?

JPB comfortably gets into the #8 slot next to Jespah in #9. They warily eye Ragman in the #10 position. Who is he? Does he know anything about football?

Hey! I thought I was #3. How quickly one gets demoted.... Razz
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:47 am
The A2K Road to Phoenix. That got me excited for a minute, especially when I heard people yelling, "I'm in!"

But this is about football, isn't it? And not a fellow A2Ker.

Well, I'll still play. But it won't be as fun as originally thought.
0 Replies