NFL 2007/8 A2K Road to Phoenix-The Duel In the Desert

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 05:49 pm
this stinks.

how long before we have to pay extra to watch the damn super bowl?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 07:04 pm
Moving right along. The numbers this week amongst the folks probably tell us something, but I can't figure out what.

Cowdoc (118-58) differs from Ragman in 6 games, Lion in 9, Beth in 5, CI in 7 and Wande in 6. It seems to me at first glance that he is out of step with the rest of us.
But then:
Ragman differs from Lion in 5, Beth in 6, CI in 8, RJB in 3 and Wande in 2.
Lion: Beth in 5, CI in 7, RJB in 2 and Wan in 3.
Beth: CI in 4, RJB in 5 and Wan in 6.
RJB: CI in 5 and Wan in 1.
CI: Wan in 6.

Again, I have not idea what this means, but it does seem to suggest that we are all over the place this week.

So a half hour to kick-off?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 07:30 pm
rjb, It only means some of us are luckier than the others at our guesses; only the one who guesses best wins. It ain't science.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 07:30 pm
Don't know what the hell you are talking about, realjohnboy, and no, don't tell me.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 07:44 pm
sumac wrote:
Don't know what the hell you are talking about, realjohnboy, and no, don't tell me.

Point well taken, sumac. I am RJB, filling in for JPB, the boss here. She is away this week, probably to Vegas or so some place like that. The studio has been fixed up really cool...wine bottles with corks rather then screw-on caps. And a refrigerator full of cheeses with names I can't pronounce. No more Velveeta.

JPB will be back Sunday or Monday, and I will disappear after keeping the talk here going on trivially. That was my job.
This will all make sense when JPB gets back.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 07:52 pm
I'm even all over the place relative to myself, and, therefore, others, as I tend to pick in a middling way, most of the time.

I hate to let you know, RJB, that those of us below the first draft, as it were, are more interested across the board that what is happening with zee one and zee two and zee three...

Fun to watch Imur, for example, go from top to bottom to top, wheeeeeee!!!
Same with Pantalones... (those two have hidden talents..)
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:03 pm
Watch the dates on them there bottles RJB. You might be doin' chores fer a while if you pop the wrong one, Been there, got the t-shirt... Shocked

(it wasn't even very good...)
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:05 pm
Waiting......tap, tap, tap.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:13 pm
Nice Dolphin, so I'll fess up.

This is a non gambling betting site for American Football. If you look at the front of the thread, it becomes more clear.

Are you a Dolphin fan, this is the best week to try and be one... Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:43 pm
ossobuco wrote:

I hate to let you know, RJB, that those of us below the first draft, as it were, are more interested across the board that what is happening with zee one and zee two and zee three...

Fun to watch Imur, for example, go from top to bottom to top, wheeeeeee!!!
Same with Pantalones... (those two have hidden talents..)

I am a computer idiot, Osso, so in the 1st year I kept track of this by pencil and paper, games down the side, all of 6 players across.
The next year was the same except 12 players.
Last year was the same but 18 players.

That was when I realized that this had gotten too big for me to deal with.
Fortunately JPB came along.

I follow the fight at the top. If yall would like to follow the next level, feel free to do so: games down the row; players across the columns.

I can't do it. One of yall perhaps can.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:48 pm
Nonono, silly, I am more a comp idiot than you are.

I'm just sayin', I follow the vagaries of all, in my non statistical way. Watching birds in flight, as it were.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:56 pm
Halftime: Dallas 27 Green Bay 17
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:58 pm
So far so good. Do I trust this? No.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 09:05 pm
I learned how to create an Excel spreadsheet today. Now if I had any real sense of what I was tracking, I could track it.

hmmmmm

must turn on the t.v.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 09:13 pm
which network is carrying the Packers-Cowboys game?

I see by ESPN.com that Dallas is leading 27-17
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 09:17 pm
Dallas with a ten point lead at halftime, heh? GB will win! [size=7]I hope.[/size]
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 09:18 pm
Also I see where Favre is out with before the half with a bad elbow (and 2 int) but his fill-in already has scored a TD.

Oops ...GB scored...D 27- GB 24
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 09:36 pm
I don't have a tv, Ragman, but I gather no network is carrying it... just nfl tv.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 09:40 pm
yeah..I was trying to figure that out. It seems that the network won't carry it. The cable providers wanted to keep the charge down to 35 cents per customer, but the NFL wanted to screw...err... charge the cable providers a package of 8 games that would amount to 70 cents per game - a premium as compared to other team games. NFL Sick and greedy.

And..Dallas is on GNB 31 nope..the 5 yd line now.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 09:44 pm
Ragman, if you look into this, it will just piss you off.... Cool
0 Replies