NFL 2007/8 A2K Road to Phoenix-The Duel In the Desert

Rockhead

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 09:42 pm
ehBeth, Jack and I are fine...

I get George next week, and I'll have somethin special fer him.... Cool

And I'm certain CJ kills Dolphins for sport....
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 11:34 pm
I was horrified to see when I jsut got home after a hell of a weekend. I logged on and was dumbstruck that my post where I entered my picks at 11am ET today didn't get received on A2k. I actually attempted posting. My post was (or would've been ) between Cowdoc's at 11:03am ET and JPB 12:28 pm ET.

I actually was delayed from posting earlier in the weekend by a hospital visit (fri overnight and Saturday) over the weekend -- held over for observation due to a cardiac arrhythmia. I'm OK now, but it was a little alarming, especially as I have a pacemaker defib but have been OK for most of the last 5 years since having it implanted.

I am not sure as to why my pix didn't post, but I attempted it. As I was visiting at my g/f's for the weekend I didn't want to be rude and stay on her computer any longer than I was. I never rechecked A2k 'til tonight.

For whatever it's worth, I always save a copy on my computer. These are the picks that I posted:

Week 11

Tampa Bay at Atlanta
Cleveland at Baltimore
Ariz at Cincinnati
NY Giants at Detroit
Carolina at Green Bay
New Orleans at Houston
KC at Indianapolis
SD at Jacksonville
Oakland at Minn
Miami at Philadelphia
Pittsburgh at NY Jets
Wash at Dallas
St L. at San Francisco
Chic at Seattle
New England at Buffalo

Tennessee at Denver (38 total points)

The forum members) can decide whether or not can allow it to count. In all fairness there's no proof other than my word that I tried to post. All I can say is that I tried to enter it and honestly didn't change a thing that I tried to enter prior to 11:30 am on Sunday.

Either way you all decide, it's all good. I'm just happy to be among the healthy again.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 12:45 am
I vote to give Ragman his picks for week 11.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 12:48 am
Ragman, Glad to hear all is okay. Just want you to know I'm now on the Yangtze River towards our last destination before we spend our last night on the boat and one night in a hotel before our flight to Tibet.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 05:41 am
Glad to hear you're okay, Ragman.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 07:39 am
Thanks so much Jespah and CI. I appreciate the well-wishes. I'm feeling fine today with no symptoms. I took the day off ... resting at home. I figured I'd let my body get used to new meds and get some R&R. No more caffeine for me (not that it caused the problem...it just doesn't help it out).

CI congrats on this amazing trip. I'm sure you'll have some great memories and some awesome pix when you return. Let me know when you post them, will 'ya?

Thanks for the vote, CI. I hope people understand the circumstance. I had posted my picks from my g/f computer so it was foreign territory. I would have double-checked it after I posted but it was time to go about our day.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:07 am
The Flippers have a chance to become the first 0-16 team in NFL history.
Don Shula insists that, if this happens, there should be an asterisk next
to the record since one of the teams they lost to was the nasty, cheating
Patriots (just kidding -- so far).
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:47 am
cicerone imposter wrote:

I agree. Can we count Ragman's picks in the statistics, JPB? (There is no reason to doubt that he had trouble accessing A2K.)

I hope you are okay, Ragman!

C.I., I am jealous of your travels. I was in Beijing in 2000 but did not travel much outside of Beijing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 08:55 am
Ah, JPB decides these issues - not up to a vote.

That said, I'm glad you're back among us, Ragman, whew!
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 09:12 am
I'm with ci and wandeljw on this one. I had to have two of my fantasy league teams re-send their lineups because their messages were somehow hung up in cyberspace for most of Sunday. Both messages eventually arrived, both time-stamped between 1000 and 1015 MST, and into my inbox after 1600. These things happen. Ragman, if I can survive a helicopter ride and a stint implant, you should be able to do fine with this one. Plus, caffeine has to be easier to give up than chewing tobacco! Laughing
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 12:57 pm
I still haven't actually looked at Ragman's picks so I don't know how he fared. I reckon I agree with Osso. It is not a matter for voting, if the past is the guide. Rather it is up to, in this case, JPB as the administrator. Tough call, but that is why we pay her the big bucks.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:05 pm
glad you're ok, Ragman...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:36 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Absolutely ... and very glad to hear you're doing okay, RM.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:41 pm
Kills me to agree with the smoker, but get to feelin better, Ragman. :wink:
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:50 pm
By the way, with this being Thangsgiving week in the U.S., there are 3 games scheduled for Thursday. So folks will need to see the schedule and make their picks much earlier than usual.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:17 pm
Hope you're still feeling OK, Ragman.
Jeez, no caffeine? I couldn't go on.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:25 pm
Friends are calling me 'Skippy' now.

thanks for kind words. I'm feeling fine now.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:35 pm
Ragman wrote:
Friends are calling me 'Skippy' now.

thanks for kind words. I'm feeling fine now.

"Skippy." I love it.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:38 pm
Glad to see you back, Ragman. Sláinte (good health) as we say here (admittedly with pint glass in hand).

While appreciating that it's JPBs call, FWIW, I too have no objection to Ragman's picks being allowed.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 03:16 pm
Actually, I'd like to hear from ehbeth since she's also a contender for the top spot.. So far, I've heard folks say that they think Ragman's picks should be included and others say that it's entirely my call.

For what it's worth, I've looked at Ragman's picks and if he'd said he picked the Jets over the Steelers, for instance I'd be more inclined to think something was bogus. I believe his picks as presented are what they were (or would have been) when posted. The question then is simply whether or not to accept those picks given that they didn't meet the deadline.

The weekly standings through Sunday are (with Ragman included for now at least):

fbaezer 12
edgarblythe 12
LionTamerX 12
jespah 11
ehbeth 11
cicerone imposter 11
Ticomaya 11
Ragman 11
Mrs CowDoc 11
CowDoc 11
realjohnboy 10
ossobuco 10
Rockhead 10
Region Philbis 10
JPB 10
George 10
wandeljw 9
lmur 9
Pantalones 8

I'll make a final decision once others (particularly ehbeth) weigh in.
0 Replies