Never been in hospital

patiodog

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 06:15 pm
Chai wrote:
It was quite a while back that I saw that documentary p-dog, so I may not have it exactly right. I'll admit that.

Maybe it was that she was given more drugs to put her deeper under, but, unfortunately, it still wasn't enough?

Is it possible to give more knock out drops so the BP and HR would go down, but not fully become unconscious?

Anesthesia isn't an exact science, unfortunately. And every step we take that puts the patient closer to complete unawareness also puts them closer to death, so it's a dicey little dance between comfort and safety, for sure. And I've no doubt that some of the patient's I've anesthetized in the past couple of weeks have some memory of their adverse experiences -- but they're all alive, which is the main thing.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 11:25 pm
Chai wrote:
for real gus?

seriously, what happend?

Appears to be a bit of misunderstanding here.

I was referring to the last bit of TTH's comment where she wrote

Quote:
OMG I can't see or move but I AM AWARE and I CAN FEEL but there is no way to tell the doctors. I didn't feel the whole surgery only some of it. I told the doctors afterwards what had happened but no one believed me.

And more specifically, I was addressing her last sentence when I wrote

Quote:
Add me to the list.

I hope I have cleared this little matter, Chai, and I am sorry for having created so much confusion on your thread.

Now.... back to the business at hand.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 11:29 pm
I believ you gus.

Thousands wouldn't I know, but I really do believe in you.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 05:43 am
I woke up last night, tangled in my sweat soaked sheets, screaming "GUS IS AWARE! THE BEAST AWAKENS!"

I'm still a little shaky.
0 Replies