My Rolfing experience (so far)

chai2

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 02:59 pm
I was on vacation a couple weeks ago, and the relaxation helped me get my mind straight about some things.

I decided that when I came back, I would take a short jog each morning, about half a mile. I will decide at some future time where to go from there.

I have always hated running, but discovered that running in the dark, while it's still cool, wasn't really bad at all. Nothing visual to distract, just movement and the sound of my breathing.

Problem is, my calves. No amount of stretching can loosen them, running a short distance turned out to be torture.

Just came back from Sandy, she spent an hour on my legs/feet. Now, when looking in a mirror, my torso is much more firmly planted on the tops of my legs. My heels were tight, and my right hip had a tendon slipping when I'd rotate that side.

We decided I'd come back next week for some upper body work, then, making an appt every 3 or 4 months or so.

I shall keep you all informed.

Cool Cool
wandeljw

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 03:15 pm
@chai2,
Glad to see you posting again, chai. You were quiet for a while.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 07:15 pm
@Chai,
Interesting
chai2

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 09:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
david, since you came by here from the "biceps" thread, I thought I'd share something here.

Going through this has actually kept my body from getting injured.

Last weekend I was walking/hiking on a greenbelt here, sometimes the ground is fairly rough.

I wasn't paying attention for a second and tripped on the tip of a rock buried in the ground.

I went down, hit my jaw against another rock, and got a pretty bad bruise across my chest. Also knocked my knee fairly hard on something.

Thing was, as I was going down, I was able to put myself into a roll that avoid getting my head hit, or hurting my hips, shoulders hands and feet.

I rolled/slide into an awkward place between the crook of a tree, some big rocks, and roots. Last year I don't think I would have been able to get myself out of that place without help.

I was a little sore at the time (but no problems in the morning), and one side of my pinky figure is still numb, but I know I would have been laid up in bed, had to have gone to the doctors, etc.
0 Replies