WHAT WUD STALIN HAVE DONE TO HITLER ?

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 05:09 pm
Did Comrade Stalin ever express
any plans of how to deal with Hitler
if he 'd have fallen into the hands of the Red Army ?

He certainly entertained the possibility
of capturing Hitler, as Zhukov approached and attacked Berlin.

Undoubtedly, he was hoping to have some FUN with him.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,687 • Replies: 20
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 05:15 pm
have you ever thought of getting a life?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 09:11 pm
Your post ( personal question ) has nothing to do
with the history forum.

It is rude.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 11:27 pm
They were both friggin' monsters. I guess it's interesting in a hypothetical sense. As to the answer "F@cked if I know".
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 12:40 am
In "The Hitler Book: The Secret Dossier Prepared for Stalin from the Interrogations of Hitler's Personal Aides, Henrik Eberle (Editor), Matthias Uhl (Editor), 2005" you can get an idea about Stalin's interest on Hitler.

What would he have done? No idea. You can only speculate, I suppose.

Quote:
Stalin had never been able to shake off the nightmare of Adolf Hitler. Just as in 1941 he refused to understand that Hitler had broken their non-aggression pact, he was in 1945 unwilling to believe that the dictator had committed suicide in the debris of the Berlin bunker. In his paranoia, Stalin ordered his secret police, the NKVD, precursor to the KGB, to explore in detail every last vestige of the private life of the only man he considered a worthy opponent, and to clarify beyond doubt the circumstances of his death.
Source
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 02:46 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
In "The Hitler Book: The Secret Dossier Prepared for Stalin from the Interrogations of Hitler's Personal Aides, Henrik Eberle (Editor), Matthias Uhl (Editor), 2005" you can get an idea about Stalin's interest on Hitler.

What would he have done? No idea. You can only speculate, I suppose.

Quote:
Stalin had never been able to shake off the nightmare of Adolf Hitler. Just as in 1941 he refused to understand that Hitler had broken their non-aggression pact, he was in 1945 unwilling to believe that the dictator had committed suicide in the debris of the Berlin bunker. In his paranoia, Stalin ordered his secret police, the NKVD, precursor to the KGB, to explore in detail every last vestige of the private life of the only man he considered a worthy opponent, and to clarify beyond doubt the circumstances of his death.
Source

Stalin was a sadist,
he was imaginative, and he was annoyed at Hitler.
Minimally, he 'd have had a Triumph ( as in times of the Roman Empire )
dragging Hitler thru the streets of Moscow on exhibitiion, but I strongly suspect
that it 'd have gotten a lot worse than that for Hitler.

I wonder whether he ever discussed
the possibilities of how to deal with him ?

Walter,
I think that is very nice and neat,
the way u set forth that link, saying " source ".

HOW do u accomplish that ?
David
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 02:52 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Walter,

David

Click on "URL" in the response window (right corner "Message body").
Copy the url in the new window. Click. Then write whatever you want.
Afterwars, you can make it 'bolt' by marking it and clicking on the "B".

If that's clear and what you were asking for.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:18 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Walter,

David

Quote:
Click on "URL" in the response window (right corner "Message body").

Please forgive my abyssmal ignorance:
where do I find the response window ?

Quote:

Copy the url in the new window.
Click. Then write whatever you want.
Afterwars, you can make it 'bolt' by marking it and clicking on the "B".

If that's clear and what you were asking for.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:25 pm
Well, I meant that window .... which you used for the quotes. :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:29 pm
When you click on the "Post a Reply" button, you are taken to the response window. Above that window are several UBB code options: B for bold-face, i for italic, U for underline, Quote for (unsurprisingly) quote, Code for a variety of functions, IMG for posting images, and URL for posting links.

If i type http://www.able2know.com, it will automaticallly make this into a "clickable" link.

But if that would take up too much space, i can type the following:

Click here

. . . and the UBB code will embed that link, just as Walter did with the word "Source" in the post you asked about.

None of this is working in this post which i have typed, though, because i selected the box below the response window which disables UBB code in this post (and only this post). I will repost this without disabling the code, so that you can see how it works.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:30 pm
When you click on the "Post a Reply" button, you are taken to the response window. Above that window are several UBB code options: B for bold-face, i for italic, U for underline, Quote for (unsurprisingly) quote, Code for a variety of functions, IMG for posting images, and URL for posting links.

If i type http://www.able2know.com, it will automaticallly make this into a "clickable" link.

But if that would take up too much space, i can type the following:

Click here

. . . and the UBB code will embed that link, just as Walter did with the word "Source" in the post you asked about.

None of this is working in this post which i have typed, though, because i selected the box below the response window which disables UBB code in this post (and only this post). I will repost this without disabling the code, so that you can see how it works.

Here i have repeated the post--but the default option is for UBB code to work in a post, so you get the embedded link for "able2know."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:34 pm
With the page break, that might not have been easy to compare, so i'll do it again, in a simpler form.

I have disabled the UBB code for this post and this post alone. I'm going to show you how the text looks for an embedded link, and then repost it with the UBB code enabled, which is the default setting:

You can find a "single page" version of the United States Constitution, with links to the various sections, by clicking here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:35 pm
Now, here's that identical sentence, but now i have posted it with UBB code enabled, which is the default setting in the response window:

You can find a "single page" version of the United States Constitution, with links to the various sections, by clicking here.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:36 pm
Thank u, Walter and Setanta.

That is really cool.

I 'll have to try that.
David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:41 pm
Setanta wrote:
Now, here's that identical sentence, but now i have posted it with UBB code enabled, which is the default setting in the response window:

Yes; this is the same one I have as an icon on my desktop ( the Constitution ).

If I understand correctly,
this feature is only available while we are posting on this forum A2K.
When we leave the forum, we have to find other means of preparing links.
David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 04:17 pm
That depends upon the forum. Some sites enable html code, which uses different brackets, such as <font>, which is closed with </font>. That however, is considered to be out of date, and is not much used any longer. You will sometimes see people use it in an ironic way in posting. So for example, i might write:

<boredom>Yeah, right, whatever.</boredom>

However, if you do post at sites which allow the use of code, UBB code is probably the most common right now. The other site at which i most often post uses UBB code.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 04:21 pm
Thanx a lot.

What 's the best way to further enhance my computer related education ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 04:24 pm
Beats the hell out of me . . . maybe just ask questions in technical fora--such as the computer forum at this site, or something similar elsewhere. Everything i know (or just think i know), i learned by OJT.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 04:42 pm
What 's OJT ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 04:42 pm
On the Job Training--means learning by doing.
0 Replies