Generation ChickenHawk

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 01:10 pm
Max Blumenthal goes to the Young Republicans convention in DC, and asks why none of them - who strongly support the WoT and the War in Iraq - have bothered to sign up and serve in the armed forces.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-blumenthal/generation-chickenhawk-t_b_56676.html

Unsurprisingly, there were plenty of excuses banded about.

Republicans get mad when the 'Chickenhawk' argument is brought up, and this is because it is damned effective. They usually attempt to counter with some version of this line:

Quote:
So, you're saying that only those who have served can talk about the military? That's stupid.

It isn't stupid, though. There is a perceivable and significant differnce between those who discuss war, who think it is sometimes necessary, and who are willing to do what must be done for US safety; and the War Cheerleaders. The actively aggressive advocates of warfare as a solution to life's problems.

Those are the Chickenhawks: the ones who continually advocate the solving of our national Foreign policy problems using armed force. The ones who suggest that the US is so strong, we can go it alone if we have to and we shouldn't be held back from attacking other countries by little things like, say, international conventions. They advocate using maximum force to win; their problem with the war in Iraq is that we aren't killing enough people over there, innocents included.

These people, who cheer on the deaths of others, who think that force is the best way to get what we want - but don't sign up to serve themselves - are Chickenhawks. They are too cowardly to put their ass on the line, but continually advocate that others do so.

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,988 • Replies: 50
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:28 pm
http://overcaffeinated.net/extras/bullshit1024x768.jpg
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:53 pm
Weak reply from a weak poster.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 07:19 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Weak reply from a weak poster.

Cycloptichorn

Laughing Laughing

That's the best you can do?

lame. Far lamer then my motivational poster.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 07:24 pm
This topic is right on the money. These leeches and vultures are the ones getting rich off of the nation's blood. They stand safely back, saying, "Let's you and them fight. Me? I'll cheer you on, while me and my friends get rich off your efforts."
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 07:26 pm
Why haven't they signed up???

Because there punk as$ bitches!!!!!!!

The military is B.B.W.P. (Black, Brown and Poor white.)

Lock me in a cell with a chickenhawk and I'll show you a newly born pacifist.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 07:28 pm
Amigo wrote:

What an idiotic thing to say.

The military represents a cross section of america, from the sons and daughters of the wealthy to those that seek a leg up in life.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 07:29 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Amigo wrote:

What an idiotic thing to say.

The military represents a cross section of america, from the sons and daughters of the wealthy to those that seek a leg up in life.

Bull. I highly doubt you have data showing that the sons and daughters of the wealthy are equally represented.

You're one of the first people I thought of when I made this thread, McG; the war cheerleader who is too cowar-- sorry, too busy to sign up and serve himself.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 07:34 pm
Whatever buddy.

Thats why we don't have a draft. So todays Bush Jr doesn't have show he's a pussy deserter by getting put into the coast gaurd and then going AWOL.

BBWP volunteers

The reason why the rich don't fight is because they don't have to while there families profit the most from the war. Their souls are $hit.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 07:39 pm
Amigo wrote:
Whatever buddy.

Thats why we don't have a draft. So today Bush Jr doesn't have show he's a pussy deserter by getting put into the coast gaurd and then going AWOL.

The reason why the rich don't fight is because they don't have to while there families profit the most from the war. Their souls are $hit.

Sounds like you have some serious envy issues... like most poor liberals drooling on the wealth they see around them. Never happy with what they got, only envious that someone else might have something better.

And Cyc, I did not say they were equally represented did I? I said the military is a cross section. Their are far more non-wealthy people in America then wealthy, so why would their sons and daughters be "equally represented" in the military when they aren't elsewhere.

You can hardly deny they are there, but wish to whine about it instead like your usual MO.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 07:53 pm
Quote:

And Cyc, I did not say they were equally represented did I? I said the military is a cross section. Their are far more non-wealthy people in America then wealthy, so why would their sons and daughters be "equally represented" in the military when they aren't elsewhere.

You can hardly deny they are there, but wish to whine about it instead like your usual MO.

I challenge that they are not even proportionally represented. Not that I care too much about that sort of thing. Mostly, I care about those - like the YR pukes in the video - who cheerlead war but don't have the sac to go do it themselves.

If you did a visual survey of the biggest 'war hawks' on the net, you will find that they are eerily similar in appearance: overweight, pasty white guys who look like they would fold in a half a second in a real scrap. It's not difficult to understand why they project their inadequacies onto the nation as a whole; The US military strength becomes THEIR strength in the minds of these deluded fools.

It's similar to the 'home team' phenomena...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:02 pm
I, and others have been over this before.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:10 pm
No, thats not it. My family is well off. You just can't take the truth.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:28 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Not successfully. You're probably used to that though, and have lowered your standards.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:34 pm
There was a time when I strongly supported the invasion of Iraq, and it had nothing to do with presenting the good people of Iraq with a democratic form of government.

Oh, I also spent 5 years in the US Army, from a time when most of us had heard of Indochina, through the period when just everybody could name each country in the region. So, I'm an oddball. S'okay.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:40 pm
Yes, I would imagiane that Patrick Daniel Tillman most likely didn't need the $ when he enlisted but it is curious why Bush rendered the investigation of his death as a secret of national security.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:04 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Not successfully. You're probably used to that though, and have lowered your standards.

Cycloptichorn

Typical smart ass reply when you have nothing to add. It's been shown before and you are just to arrogant to admit you are wrong.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:16 pm
Quote:
The number of waivers granted to Army recruits with criminal backgrounds has grown about 65 percent in the last three years, increasing to 8,129 in 2006 from 4,918 in 2003, Department of Defense records show.

During that time, the Army has employed a variety of tactics to expand its diminishing pool of recruits. It has offered larger enlistment cash bonuses, allowed more high school dropouts and applicants with low scores on its aptitude test to join, and loosened weight and age restrictions.

It has also increased the number of so-called "moral waivers" to recruits with criminal pasts, even as the total number of recruits dropped slightly. The sharpest increase was in waivers for serious misdemeanors, which make up the bulk of all the Army's moral waivers. These include aggravated assault, burglary, robbery and vehicular homicide.

The number of waivers for felony convictions also increased, to 11 percent of the 8,129 moral waivers granted in 2006, from 8 percent.

sure sounds like a different crowd coming in

IHT link

and given the improvement in crime statistics, increasingly less representative of the general population
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:26 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Typical smart ass reply when you have nothing to add. It's been shown before and you are just to arrogant to admit you are wrong.

All you have are ad hominem attacks and stupid cartoons.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:31 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

I challenge that they are not even proportionally represented. Not that I care too much about that sort of thing. Mostly, I care about those - like the YR pukes in the video - who cheerlead war but don't have the sac to go do it themselves.

If you did a visual survey of the biggest 'war hawks' on the net, you will find that they are eerily similar in appearance: overweight, pasty white guys who look like they would fold in a half a second in a real scrap. It's not difficult to understand why they project their inadequacies onto the nation as a whole; The US military strength becomes THEIR strength in the minds of these deluded fools.

It's similar to the 'home team' phenomena...

Cycloptichorn

Overweight pasty white guys is right. All fatsos with fatso-related medical problems apparently although one doesn't have to know much about body language to read their obvious deceit.
0 Replies