THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 08:30 pm
Thanks, margo. I'd actually love to, but things are getting rather mad at Tullamarine (airport) right now, due to the Commonwealth games! (Not sure if a late flight could be arranged. Say nothing of a return flight!) Say nothing of lots of closed-off streets in the inner-city & utterly confused traffic! Rolling Eyes Can I make it at a later time?: Like when it's still warmish up there & freezing down here? And when the airport is functioning properly & they're not doing their terrorist surveillance thing with such gusto?
My good friend, D, has asked me to go & stay with her at her place at Phillip Island for a few days at the end of this week. I may do this because getting there avoids the airport & the traffic stuff-ups happening in the city & the airport. Do you know, this will be the first time I will have been able to not be home over-night for about 3 years? That constant Flatty-watching has been quite a thing, hasn't it? Not that I'm complaining. It was my choice, after-all.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 09:41 pm
Okay, Olga, I went ahead and posted the link to the whaling thread. I hope plenty of people see it!
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 09:43 pm
What is flatty-watching msolga?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 09:44 pm
although now the link isn't working for me! arggh...It worked before! I hope it's working for other people... Confused
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 10:09 pm
seaglass wrote:
What is flatty-watching msolga?

seaglass

Flatty was the name of my (recently deceased) cat. (No, I didn't name him! Silly name, I know!)
"Flatty-watching" was what I called having to keep an eagle eye on him. Any injury, scratch, slight swelling, or unusual symptom could well have been a sign of some new, serious development . (He was FIV positive. Something I discovered quite late in his life.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 10:11 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Okay, Olga, I went ahead and posted the link to the whaling thread. I hope plenty of people see it!

Thank you, cypher. It's working & I've posted the text under your post. Shocking! I'm outraged!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:10 pm
hi msolga - yes I got your email and replied - but if you didn't get it I'll do another as there's updates. It's probaly sitting in my 'sent' box so I can copy and update Smile

Enjoy your break and a later break with Margo - how nice to go somewhere warm when it's cold, we've got sleet, rain and snow at the moment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/march1306009.jpg
Paddy in his pretty daisy collar - by special request! it has daisies all the way round apart from that green clasp - I don't know what possessed himself to buy it for a little boy (who walks with a swagger, not a mince Laughing )

5 pages already - this thread is racing away Very Happy
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:04 pm
Vivien: He is gorgeous...love the collar!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 08:10 pm
Wow! Look how much Paddy has grown! There's wickedness in those eyes!

Olga - any time that suits you - but you may not be able to escape when you have a new critter.

I'm away for 10 days from 19 May - you can have the house, car and Possum-Cat to yourself over that period, if you like!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 06:37 am
Well, just look a young Paddy!!!!!!

Is he king of his castle, or what?

Look at those eyes!

...that super-shiney coat!

He's beautiful, Vivien!

(& incredibly wicked, you can just tell!!! Laughing )

The new collar suits his black coat beautifully, BTW.

(Yes, please, Vivien. Could you send that email again? It seems to have gotten lost in space, or something .... Confused )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 06:45 am
Thanks margo!

I think 2006 will definitely be the year I visit. If I get this new tabby I've set my heart on, this weekend, I'm gonna train it to get used to the odd visit to a cat motel, or at my vet's .... I'll get back to you about times that suit by email.

I was wondering, margo, when are we going to see some new Possum pics? Hmmmmm?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 06:51 am
More cats? <SIGH>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 06:58 am
Of course more cats, Mr G! You're not surprised, surely?

And where have you been hiding yourself for the past couple of weeks? Was starting to worry about you! (I hope it was fun, not work that kept you away!)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:14 am
Work is fun and fun is work
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:20 am
the prince wrote:
Work is fun and fun is work

The prince is cryptic tonight!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 08:08 am
http://i.mynicespace.com/1/111.gif
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 08:12 am
Haha! That'll teach that cheeky little devil! Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 09:09 am
We've had Roland for maybe 2 months now, and although Jezzer would get involved play fighting with him...I couldn't tell if it was more fight than play on her side...everything is play for Roland.

Yesterday, I came home and was puttering around in the kitchen for a moment...when I came out I was astounded.

There reclined Jezzer and Roland in the same armchair, with Jezzer calmly grooming Rolands tail and left haunch.

I just quietly sat on the sofa and watched her do that for 2 or 3 minutes.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 09:23 am
Aw, that's nice, Chai!
And phew! Now everyone can relax!

I/we once introduced a new cat into our household that the other 2 flatly refused to accept! He (the new one) ended up living in the front yard, the other 2 out the back! They were adamant! Pretty sad situation. I couldn't figure out why. Sad
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 11:33 am
I once introduced a third cat to to my two cats years ago...both were still kittens, but after that, one of them refused to have anything to do with the new cat for all of his 13 yrs! The other one would groom and play with the new little guy, but not Lucca....he NEVER got over it!
0 Replies