How Should a Christian Act?

queen annie

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 11:22 pm
Lash wrote:
Queen Annie,

Yes. I am offended by the statement that there "was a goodly participation by a certain class of Jews, as well. Those of the banker families."

I don't think it was "goodly" or by a certain class. I don'tlike that you even thought to say it, as if even if there WERE people desperate enough to sell out neighbors, that they were ANYWHERE comparable to the inhumane animals who thought the thing up and perpetrated it.

To lump them in so blithely pisses me off, truthfully.

Sorry to have offended you. What you see as 'blithely' is actually just bluntness. Nothing is candy-coated and nothing is truth when it is only viewed from one side of the whole.

I posted a link above, that is actually something written by Jewish people, themselves--and the core of the holocaust's great (although horrible) success is not Hitler, but rather the Zionists. Hitler did what he did, no doubt--and it is heinous no matter what. But it was exacerbated when it could have been helped and somewhat alleviated, although I doubt prevented--history was already turning. But if not for the fervent desire by the relatively small Zionist agenda, to occupy Palestine at all costs, even that of children, many Jews would have been given refuge in the US, Britian, and many other countries. The 1948 treaty was not the 'result' of the Holocaust, but was part of its cause (as far as severity) in the first place.

Quote:
"[Ben-Gurion stated] 'If I knew that it was possible to save all the children of Germany by transporting them to England, but only half of them by transporting them to Palestine, I would choose the second - because we face not only the reckoning of those children, but the historical reckoning of the Jewish people.' In the wake of the Kristallnacht pogroms, Ben-Gurion commented that 'the human conscience' might bring various countries to open their doors to Jewish refugees from Germany. He saw this as a threat and warned: 'Zionism is in danger.'" Israeli historian, Tom Segev, "The Seventh Million."

Quote:
"Zionists in America...took the same position. At a May 1943 meeting of the American Emergency Committee for Zionist Affairs, Nahum Goldmann argued, 'If a drive is opened against the White Paper (the British policy of restricting Jewish immigrants to Palestine) the mass meetings of protest against the murder of European Jewry will have to be dropped. We do not have sufficient manpower for both campaigns.'" Peter Novick, "The Holocaust in American Life."

After WWII the Zionists were a much larger group--even if not really in number, by comparison to the non-Zionist Jews who survived the Holocaust.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I also don't see betrayal as something
just limited to 'sell out their neighbors' in the acute situation--but also extending to such a situation that cost many lives of one people for the promotion of one group's agenda. The Zionists were a 'certain class'--they were not the European Jewry, and they were most definitely led by those who had the money and wherewithal to sway beaurocrats and buy land in Palestine.

Men will sell out their fellows, across all so-called 'blood bonds' if the price is right. And sometimes 'price' isn't all about money or even survival but about beliefs. And the belief in this case is rooted directly back to the biblical history that both Christians and Jews feel they have a right to.

And that is my point with all this. Like I said, I don't wish to offend anyone, but I also don't mince around facts that have been minced around
for too long already. I'm not for or against any part of the mess. That's why I avoid labels like 'Zionist.' Maybe I should have just come right out and said it, but I didn't.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 11:40 pm
So, the Holocaust was really the fault of those dirty Jewish Zionists, eh? They had it coming, didn't they?

You're not for or against the Holocaust (any part of what mess)?

The fact that shouldn't be minced around is you espouse racist sentiments against Jews.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 09:39 am
neologist wrote:

The holocaust was perpetrated by nominal Lutherans and Catholics, mostly -

Not Christians - and certainly not by Jesus.

It's interesting that you don't include nominal(?) Lutherans and Catholics as Christian, neo. How is it you get to decide which groups or individuals within a group are Christian?

Catholics and Lutherans will be surprised to have been excluded from the fold, I'm sure.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 12:29 pm
Lash wrote:
So, the Holocaust was really the fault of those dirty Jewish Zionists, eh? They had it coming, didn't they?

I would ask that you don't put words in my mouth--especially ones that
I would NEVER say, myself. I said Zionist. The other words are yours, not mine.

Quote:

What I meant by that was that I'm not blaming or justifying anyone. Just pointing out that there was a lot more to it than is taught on the surface. What happened, happened. I can't change it, no one can. But ignorance of the mechanisms which led to such a horrible time in history can only lead to it being potentially repeated.

Quote:
The fact that shouldn't be minced around is you espouse racist sentiments against Jews.

You don't get it, do you? I didn't say anything against Jews in general. I didn't say anything against anyone's race. Zionist is not a racist tag, nor is it one limited to people of any certain race. Ever heard of Christian Zionists? The term Zionist refers to an agenda, and is a term I did not come up with, anymore than I did 'christian.'
Please, do some research and quit casting aspersions on my character.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 12:39 pm
Quote:
Zionism is a political movement and an ideology that supports a Jewish homeland in the Land of Israel, where the Jewish nation originated and where Jewish kingdoms and self-governing states existed at various times in history. While Zionism is based heavily upon religious tradition linking the Jewish people to the Land of Israel, the modern movement was originally secular, beginning largely as a response to rampant antisemitism in late 19th century Europe.

The Zionist movement acquired British and League of Nations sponsorship after World War I, resulting in the creation of the British Mandate of Palestine, which specifically called for "placing the country under such political, administrative and economic conditions as will secure the establishment of the Jewish national home." After an often tumultuous Mandate period, and after the Holocaust had destroyed Jewish society in Europe, the Zionist movement culminated in the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948.

Since the founding of the State of Israel, the term Zionism has come generally to mean support for Israel. However, a variety of different, and sometimes competing, ideologies that support Israel fit under the general category of Zionism, such as Religious Zionism, Revisionist Zionism, and Labour Zionism. Thus, the term is also sometimes used to refer specifically to the programs of these ideologies, such as efforts to encourage Jewish immigration to Israel. The term Zionism is also sometimes used retroactively to describe the millennia-old Biblical connection between the Jewish people and the Land of Israel, which existed long before the birth of the modern Zionist movement. The label Zionist is also used improperly as a euphemism for Jews in general by those wishing to white-wash anti-Semitism (as in the Polish anti-Zionist campaign).
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 04:23 pm
queen annie wrote:
Lash wrote:

I would ask that you don't put words in my mouth--especially ones that
I would NEVER say, myself. I said Zionist. The other words are yours, not mine.

Quote:

What I meant by that was that I'm not blaming or justifying anyone. Just pointing out that there was a lot more to it than is taught on the surface. What happened, happened. I can't change it, no one can. But ignorance of the mechanisms which led to such a horrible time in history can only lead to it being potentially repeated.

Quote:

You don't get it, do you? I didn't say anything against Jews in general. I didn't say anything against anyone's race. Zionist is not a racist tag, nor is it one limited to people of any certain race. Ever heard of Christian Zionists? The term Zionist refers to an agenda, and is a term I did not come up with, anymore than I did 'christian.'
Please, do some research and quit casting aspersions on my character.

You are the one who doesn't get it--but you will. I doubt there is a soul here who doesn't know the meaning of "Zionist." I also doubt there's a soul here who doesn't see through your facade.

Your own words characterize you much more harshly than I have.

Jews are not to blame for the Holocaust. To suggest they are is disgusting. Your line of 'discussion' is very transparent.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 04:32 pm
Every so often a discussion topic of interest to me occurs that makes me realise I don't know enough about it to participate. Today I spent the day researching the events leading up to the holocaust, the Evian Conference, and worldwide anti-semitism prior to WWII. I looked at Palestinian, Israeli, European, and American Jewish and secular sources. Although there was a small Zionist contingent who was only interested in a Jewish homeland in Palestine, it seems the predominate anti-semitism and strict immigration policies was primarily responsible for the holocaust.

This site was particularly informative and includes links to numerous other sources. Evian Conference 1938
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 04:36 pm
My ex fil, was an escaped jew from germany circa 1939, not wanted in america he went to cuba and then into the US of A. He was also a very strong anti-zionist.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 04:42 pm
I think it's really impressive that you looked into it, JB.

This isn't the first time someone has tried to put blame on Jews for the Holocaust. They can call it Zionists, "banker Jews", kapos...

I condemn it.

I can't tell you how deeply outraged I am that people who purport to be civilized, and even call themselves Christians, hate a race of people so much to try to blame them for unspeakable atrocities committed against them.

But, I've spoken my opinion. Sorry for the distraction.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 04:50 pm
Lash, it's the very nature of religion, all religion, to render others to be of less value. Sad perhaps but true.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2005 04:55 pm
It damn well pisses me off.

I think I may understand how "protective" or personally you feel about Amerindians.

It absolutely cuts me to the bone.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 12:54 am
Lash wrote:
This isn't the first time someone has tried to put blame on Jews for the Holocaust. They can call it Zionists, "banker Jews", kapos...

Neither did I say 'blame.' Blame is no different than making excuses.
If I were pressed to place blame for the holocaust (which is way beyond my right in any case) I would have to say it was the whole world's--just as is the case with any other genocide, both recent and way back in the past. And it still happens. And we are still, all of us, to blame. We can blame, or we can become aware and somehow make such a thing extinct.

Quote:
I can't tell you how deeply outraged I am that people who purport to be civilized, and even call themselves Christians, hate a race of people so much to try to blame them for unspeakable atrocities committed against them.

#1 I don't call myself anything--even 'christian.' I am much closer to fitting the label of 'Jew' than I am 'christian' and that is because of blood relations, not religion. But what does a label matter? That's one of the root problems, anyway.
#2 I don't hate anyone, at all. Especially a whole race of people, nor do I blame anyone for anything, big or small--we all make our choices and they affect ourselves and others. To blame is not to learn--or to forgive.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 01:33 am
Lash wrote:
I doubt there is a soul here who doesn't know the meaning of "Zionist." I also doubt there's a soul here who doesn't see through your facade.

You brought me into this with your above statement.
Do you assume to know how I, queen annie, or others feel about the word "Zionist"?
Do you assume that everyone shares your opinions and agrees with your intimidation tactics?
Tell me, what do you find when you see through queenie's "facade"?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 09:59 am
Lash doesn't speak for me, either. I doubt there are many here for whom he does.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 01:47 pm
Lash is a woman, snood. Just thought I would let you know that.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 07:33 pm
thanks Letty I needed a giggle
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 08:15 pm
echi wrote:
Lash wrote:
I doubt there is a soul here who doesn't know the meaning of "Zionist." I also doubt there's a soul here who doesn't see through your facade.

You brought me into this with your above statement.
Do you assume to know how I, queen annie, or others feel about the word "Zionist"?
Do you assume that everyone shares your opinions and agrees with your intimidation tactics?
Tell me, what do you find when you see through queenie's "facade"?

I doubt there is a soul here who doesn't know the meaning of "Zionist."

I stand by that statement.

I also doubt there's a soul here who doesn't see through your facade.

When the Holocaust is being discussed and emphasis is placed on Jews' "capitulation," as if they were in any way to blame for the Holocaust---it is the same thing as saying black Africans should have been smart enough to avoid slavetraders. Neither group was in any way responsible for what happened to them.

I would never pretend to speak for snood. She is a homophobe.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 08:17 pm
echi, oddly, said:

If no one has told you, this is a message board where several different people share their views. I see yours. You see mine.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 08:58 pm
and I'm always right.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 09:09 pm
I can vouch for that.
0 Replies