Affair

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 10:08 am
I am a married man and I love a colleague of mine she also likes me but she is about to get engaged and I am not able to take it I feel the distance coming in between us is killing me. I don't know how to manage this. We use to be on the phone for hours but now we barely speak on phone. We only meet up at the office for around two hours. I feel helpless when she is not around me and when we don't talk. Kindly help me

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2017 11:22 am
@Depressedab,
Help you do what? Accept that this girl is going on without you because it didn't mean that much to her?

Whats going on in your marriage that you seek attention from someone at the office?
Depressedab

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 08:16 am
@PUNKEY,
My marriage is going fine. This girl and I share something amazing. We can talk about anything and everything freely and we still do talk about all. This kind of fun and openess is missing in my marriage. Plus I do care for her alot and I know her before my marriage. She has always been important to me but that I love her was a realisation that happened very late. I just want me n her to be normal and as we are even after everything.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2017 09:06 am
@Depressedab,
No - your marriage is not "doing fine."

All that closeness that you have with this girl should be how it is with your wife.

At one time, it probably was, so what changed that? (kids, bills, health, work?)

This is a fantasy relationship and will disappear/fade when she marries, if not before, because her BF/husband will not put up with it.

Depressedab

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 08:04 pm
@PUNKEY,
Maybe. But how to make myself understand all this. This situation is hurting me
0 Replies

Depressedab

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 08:06 pm
@PUNKEY,
How to improve things with my wife
I have no kids... My health seems fine and as of now no huge bills as well
Please advise me coz this situation is bad for me and I want to come out of it. Recently I took a transfer to another department as well just to avoid regular meeting with her and more importantly I have started missing her too
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 08:07 am
Moving departments was a good step.

Look - you have just come crashing down from a high. That takes a toll on us. So let yourself grieve emotionally - then allow yourself to process this. She is moving on. Let her go.

You strayed from your marriage for a reason. You really need to find out why. Perhaps counseling could help you find yourself.
0 Replies

Iouman

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:52 pm
@Depressedab,
Why don't you ask your wife?
0 Replies