Confessions of a Cheese Rebel

glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 03:58 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Lemme guess. They give them little enemas?

You made me laugh, what a horrible visual
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 03:59 pm
@farmerman,
My grandmother made a wonderful buttery oyster stew, I loved the broth but could never eat the actual oyster.....the texture made me queasy.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 04:01 pm
@farmerman,
I stick to the boneless gummies.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2017 02:01 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
How bout gummie bears??

They arent eviscerated. They arent even skinned

I actually wasn't aware that you could buy anchovies whole. We just get the fillets in olive oil.

As for the gummy bears, all good wet dishes start with boiling up some bones, so I've not issues with gumming down some gummy bears. Though I do prefer ju-jubes and snakes alive.

http://www.sanza.co.uk/pics/allens_snakes_alive.jpg
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 07:57 am
My husband is accusing me of having an unsophisticated palate because I don't like stinky cheeses that have an aftertaste like bug-spray. Mad
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 08:05 am
@jcboy,
I think I'm on his side. Haven't had stinky cheese since I was living in LA, but I remember liking it - from an italian grocery store in Culver City.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 08:18 am
@jcboy,
I would starve to death before I ate that stuff.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 12:19 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Official Cheese Eater here..

I have been wondering who the cheese eater around here was. Heard so much about you.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 12:41 pm
@roger,
snort!

Here's some for you:
Top 5 sardinian cheeses - Gaveena's blog
www.gaveena.com/top-5-sardinian-cheeses/
Mar 28, 2016 - Then it's time to head to Sardinia to let your holiday be cheeseful! 1 – Pecorino, Sardinian pride. 2 – Ricotta, sheep's and goat's milk delicacy. 3 – Casu axedu, lactic ferments in action. 4 – Casu Marzu, in the world most frightening food's list. 5 – Pasta Filata cheese.

I've only tried three of those. There's one I figure I'd run away from.
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 06:52 am
@ossobucotemp,
dont like goat cheeses. Its a farmer thing. Goats really stink during th annual rut.
We hd a dairy goat operation a few miles from us during the 90's and during summer the entire valley reeked of goat.

That smell, albeit watered down a zillion times, is what got cheese reminds me. BLEEEXCH
Sheepcheese , whole nother story. We love em
McGentrix

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2017 10:54 am
@farmerman,
Goats in general disturb me. Add in that smell and just, ugh.

My wife likes goat cheese on fancy crackers.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 12:27 am
About to start making seed cheeses again. Dabbled in 'em many moons ago, but the cheese and kisses wants to go full raw vegan, so I've bought us a two horsepower Ninja blender, and ordered some cheese cloth to do the deed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 09:27 am
Tyrotoxism: (n) to be poisoned by cheese
Sturgis

Reply Wed 3 May, 2017 01:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
For the thrill of a delicious cheese, I suppose I'll need to take the risk....'sides which, nothing has done me in yet.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 01:02 pm
@Sturgis,
How about this:

The cheese lover

Got this off facebook, so who knows if it's real?

In our Pathology Seminar the Professor told us about some weird cases he handled. The weirdest is that some guy had a fetish for Cheese. Yes, cheese. He liked to wrap himself in cheese with those plastic wrappers. And when I say wrap himself I mean all of his body was wrapped in cheese. He got sick and had a fever but he would not unwrapp himself and he could not sweat and so he could not transmit heat and so he died of hyperthermia. The Professor had to unwrap the plastic and remove the melted Cheese.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 01:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Okay, that's a bit too much, I don't care how much a person likes cheese.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 01:24 pm
@Sturgis,
They should have brought on the mice...
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 03:23 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Got this off facebook, so who knows if it's real?

Can't find a skerrick of info about that case, Edgar.

The following may present a strong case for not eating cheese, though.

Quote:
Dr. T. Colin Campbell, author of The China Study, says through his studies he has found casein to be the most relevant cancer promoter ever discovered. Because casein digests so slowly, natural morphine-like substances in casein known as casomorphins, act like opiates in the body as they enter the bloodstream. Just minutes after you eat a dairy-based food, the casein protein begins to break down. This releases the drug-like casomorphins, which attach to opiate receptors in the brain, and cause severe addictions to dairy products (hence the reason they keep people coming back for more.) Casomorphins trigger such an addictive response that they’ve been compared to heroine in terms of their strength to cause food addictions and mood disorders.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/casein-dairy-protein-and-your-health/
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 04:56 am
@Builder,
That's an angle I never suspected.
Builder

Reply Mon 8 May, 2017 02:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
It explains my addiction to cheese. Even bland cheddar.

I get sudden cravings for cheese, even when I'm not hungry at all.