Confused About Where I Stand

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 11:24 am
I started dating a guy a little over a month ago. It started as just texting until earlier this month when we agreed to meet. We had been flirty in text but nothing too racy. We live an hour apart and the night before we met he casually threw out getting a hotel if we hit it off. I said I'm not that kinda girl, but being that I'm in my 40's I decided that since we'd been talking for a while, and I was pretty certain that I'd like him, that he could stay with me if we hit things off. Well, we did. And it was great. After that, we continued to text each other nonstop, continued flirting, said how much we liked each other, etc. I drove out to see him that Monday and we hung out a little, and you know...He has a son and I have a daughter - he was to have his son the next weekend, and I have my daughter all week, but not weekends. During a phone call when we were trying to figure out when we'd see each other again, he asked if I wanted to hang out with him and his son the next weekend. I was surprised because I didn't think a guy would just introduce a woman to his child right away. I mentioned my concern and he said that he just wants to live life and he thought I was pretty cool, he thought his son would think so, too. So, I agreed, we met the next weekend, went to an arcade, had a great time, and I told them they could stay instead of driving an hour home. We ordered pizza, hung out for more time, and while his son was playing xbox, we talked and somehow the idea of being exclusive came up. I'm not really sure who brought it up, but we both agreed to close our online accounts and date only each other. Between last weekend and this weekend, we continued texting and talking on the phone, and made plans for me to come out to his place. I did, stayed over and we hung out the next day and I thought had a really nice time. Here's where I'm confused. Since Sunday...I've barely heard from him. No more flirty texts, only one in the meantime that was kind of explicit and I wasn't sure if he was flirting or trying to see if I'd be offended? We texted a little this morning, but it has substantially decreased. I don't know what to make of a guy, that honestly, I barely know...who's already introduced me to his kid, closed his dating profile, but now barely talks to me. Any thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 357 • Replies: 2
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 12:29 pm
@confusedin2016,
Quote:
Any thoughts?
Just one:

No offense whatever, but Fuse, because a few lazy bastards (me) won't read a long'n, do (1) separate logically into paras by (a) carriage return or (b) tab/5-space, pref starting w/ (2) a brief summary para

I readily concede a few growl at me for postings of this sort but Fuse I hope you blow gratefully

Forgive
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2016 01:31 pm
Perhaps he doesn't feel the need to be "courting" you, since you both agreed to be exclusive to each other. In other words, the chase is over. He feels more confident he does not have to woo you. So there won't be as an intense schedule of texts, etc.

Now the relationship is REAL and in-person. Not a text relationship. Texts will be used to set up schedule to see you.

You said you texted this AM. What kind of a text schedule do you want?

0 Replies