Racist Police in America? Math Matters

giujohn

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 06:28 pm
Between 1990 and 2010 in the United States there were on average 14 million arrests made by police each year.

The estimated accepted figure of black arrests each year is about 3 million.

The largest accepted estimate of blacks killed by police according to the liberal-left is 1100 a year... a seemingly larger number than the average 300 reported... But let's use it to do the math.

Using the above figures the percent of blacks killed by police in relation to the arrests of black people by police is approximately:

3.6 TEN THOUSANDTHS OF ONE PRECENT

An epidemic of rampant racist murdering cops throughout American law enforcement agencies?

Not even close.

MATH MATTERS

maxdancona

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 07:09 pm
@giujohn,
How many people were killed by terrorists in the US this year?

Does terrorism matter to you?
giujohn

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 07:21 pm
@maxdancona,
18... and your point is?
giujohn

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 07:56 pm
@giujohn,
Typo... correction...50...again your point?
maxdancona

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 08:35 pm
@giujohn,
By your argument, you don't think terrorism is a big deal.... Because math, right?
MontereyJack

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 08:53 pm
@giujohn,
Do I need to remind you yet again, since you seem to keep sloughing it off, that the issue is far from just black deaths at the hands of cops. DOJ keeps on reviewing actions of police departments in major cities and finds egregiously biased treatment of blacks in massive numbers. They've got the data, you just make things up.
giujohn

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 09:22 pm
@maxdancona,
Your argument is specious and irrelevant to this thread... but thanks for playing.
giujohn

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 09:25 pm
@MontereyJack,
Uh...yeah... according to BLM the issue is black deaths at the hands of racist police officers... That's what this thread is about it's not about Obama's Department of Justice which is liberally biased, has an axe to grind, and an agenda to feed... but thank you also for playing.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 09:38 pm
@giujohn,
It is completely relevant.

You are claiming that the deaths of Black people at the hands of police aren't important because the numbers are low. The number of deaths of Americans at the hands of terrorists is lower.

If you are making a mathematical argument, then (as you yourself said) math matters.

My axe has been ground. My agenda has been fed. Thank you for playing.
giujohn

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:06 am
@maxdancona,
Either you're trying to be argumentative for the sake of argument or you're completely obtuse.

What I am claiming is the black lives matter movement is a lie. Their movement is based on the premise that the police are racist because they are killing black people. The math proves that they're full of crap. I am also claiming that if they were concerned about black lives they would look at the number of black lives that are lost at the hands of black criminals... Again where the math proves they're full of crap.

As for you trying to interject in this discussion of police killings anything having to do with terrorism, that makes you irrelevant to the discussion and this thread. If you want to start a thread regarding people killed by terrorists in this country you are free to do so.
MontereyJack

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:19 am
@giujohn,
DOJ has the documentation. giu. You just have the bullshit.
maxdancona

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:23 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
Their movement is based on the premise that the police are racist because they are killing black people.

I don't think this is even correct.
giujohn

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:26 am
@MontereyJack,
Well you are free to discount my numbers... It's going to be very difficult because I'm using the numbers given by the left and then all I'm doing is using simple arithmetic... But if you think you can discount that two plus two equals four... Have at it
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:38 am
@giujohn,
Your idea of what their purpose is, is purely your own right wing fiction. Your ideas are based on the skewed reportage of the lunatic right wing.
They are far more wide=ranging on bias against blacks (and bias in general)than you give them credit for, and the DOJ documents some of the evidence beyond those wider-ranging concerns. Do try paying attention and get outside your cozy little comfort bubble.
giujohn

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:40 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
Their movement is based on the premise that the police are racist because they are killing black people.

I don't think this is even correct.

LOL... let's see their movement was born out of the incident in Ferguson where they started chanting the LIE hands up don't shoot.

They claim there's a national epidemic of black people being shot by police without justification... 3.6 ten thoudandths of 1 percent is NOT an epidemic and we know the majority of those deaths are considered justifiable.

They publicly say they want police department's defunded.

They March and chant pigs in a blanket fry em up like bacon... What do we want Dead Cops when do we want it now.

And you're telling me that this movement doesn't feel that cops are racist and are rampantly killing blacks unjustifiably?
giujohn

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:42 am
@MontereyJack,
I note with interest that you have not discounted the math... And So It Goes.
MontereyJack

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:51 am
@giujohn,
And you've got Trump supporters loudly proclaiming that Hillary should be executed by firing squad or hung. Do you therefore claim all Trump supporters condone murder for political disagreements, or do you just write them off as unrepresentative nutballs? Same with BLM. They can't control who shows up at rallies, and they have a few zealots, just like the far right (which has A LOT MORE).
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 07:57 am
@giujohn,
I note with interest that you refuse to deal with the fact that the number of blacks killed by cops is just the tip of the iceberg of the problems which DOJ cdocuments and BLM is trying to change.
giujohn

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 08:33 am
@MontereyJack,
Your attempt at clouding the issue at hand is feeble at best. This Thread is not about Obama's DOJ that refuses to indict Hillary Clinton for gross inefficiency in handling our nation's secrets or to investigate the Clinton foundation and their play for pay scheme and the political axe that they need to grind when trying to placate the black community in order to get their vote painting police departments as racist in response to the hysteria created by BLM.
You are free to start such a thread regarding those issues and I will be happy to address them in that venue... But thank you for playing.
MontereyJack

Mon 15 Aug, 2016 08:38 am
@giujohn,
A feeble attempt to ignore the evidence and divert with irrelevant and biased arguments, giu. FAIL
0 Replies