Another terrorist attack in France

giujohn

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 05:52 pm
Apparently there's been another terrorist attack in France. It looks as though the death toll will be high. The individual drove what looks like an 18-wheeler into a large group of people celebrating Bastille Day. I would like to be the first to call for a ban on 18-wheelers in the United States to stop this from occurring here. Call your representatives in Congress... Let's go back to the horse driven cart.

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 06:04 pm
@giujohn,

73 dead, 100 injured...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/europe/nice-france-truck/index.html
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2016 08:14 pm
As I sit here and watch the coverage of this attack on CNN I am astounded that Don Lemon and CNN have decided to dunb down the reporting by showing black and white blurred stills instead of the actual cell phone video. What in the hell do they think they are protecting the public from??? This is a dastardly and horrific attack on a civilized society by animals. It should be seen in all of its terrifying and frightening reality so that people may understand the need for immediate and extreme action to permanently terminate the lives of anyone who would perpetrate such evil. We should realize and know that we are at War... Because these animals certainly know that they are.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 03:55 am
Wow, apparently, this isn't interesting by A2K standards.
Miller

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 06:21 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Very true!

They average viewer is more concerned with his/her first sex experience or whether outer space specimens can be taught to read.

Mean while, the civilized world is being killed off...
engineer

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 06:32 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

It's early yet in the US and it's not like we have a lot of facts to discuss. Maybe you should start a thread about the Bagdad bombing that killed 215 on July 4th. That one is over a week old and hasn't even merited a thread.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 06:51 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
"Interesting"? Well, living here in Europe we are concerned about the health of those who survived and mourn the deaths.

I don't like "interesting catastrophe watching".
But thanks showing your sympathy with the killed French and those from other nations!
izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 07:05 am
@Walter Hinteler,
This thread is just an opportunity for gun nuts to try to justify their collective madness. Sympathy and Compassion doesn't come into it.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 07:48 am
@Miller,
Quote:
Mean while, the civilized world is being killed off...

At least that solves the overpopulation problem.
giujohn

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 09:06 am
@izzythepush,
Who said anything about guns? I guess I was being a little bit too subtle let me, for your edification, explain.
I was referring to the feckless inaction and criminal lack of leadership by people who hold power in the U.S. government as well as the respective governments elsewhere.
They believe that proposing useless ineffective feel good laws passes for positive action knowing full well that the law will never be enacted but that the idiot masses will suck it up with a straw.
And while I'm on my soapbox let me also say that I keep hearing the more of these incidents that happen the more we become used to them and numb to them. This is not true. But it would be a good thing if it were. Because if we we're so used to it and became so blase about it maybe we wouldn't give it so much play in The Press and it just may dampen these religious fanatics enthusiasm.
Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 10:06 am
@Walter Hinteler,
And just because a subject has not gotten the popular remark in responses does not mean that others do not find it of great importance (I think interesting is not the correct choice of words). Sometimes an event is so terrible you don't necessarily want to voice anything. It doesn't mean you are not reading/hearing about the subject.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 10:15 am
@Linkat,
I didn't want to imply that - quite the opposite was what I wanted to say (something similar to your response to my post).
Jay2know

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 03:37 pm
A successful coup is brewing in Turkey. Yawn.
Lash

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 04:51 pm
@Jay2know,
Not sure about "successful." Unconfirmed reports that the coup leader has given up, but emphasis on unconfirmed.

Might be false flag.

Lots of questions now.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 08:39 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
"Interesting"? Well, living here in Europe we are concerned about the health of those who survived and mourn the deaths.

I don't like "interesting catastrophe watching".
But thanks showing your sympathy with the killed French and those from other nations!

Maybe it's a language thing, but you have managed to completely misunderstand me. I meant that it was interesting that no one was posting in a thread about a tragedy of this magnitude, not that the tragedy was "interesting."
roger

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2016 08:57 pm
@Brandon9000,
I certainly hope it's a language thing. I understood your meaning.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 01:56 am
@giujohn,
You started talking about banning lorries in a very unsubtle attempt to exploit a human tragedy for your own sick gun worshipping needs.

You're about as subtle as a sledgehammer.
giujohn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 06:48 am
@izzythepush,
Wow that's amazing... I don't mention anything about a gun but you claim I'm a gun nut (by the way I don't own any firearms)... And now you claim that somehow I'm exploiting a human tragedy... exactly how is that exploitation occurring???
So you're seeing guns when they're not there and exploitation when it's not there... I think that's called hallucinating.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 07:03 am
@giujohn,
It's not that amazing, you've been spouting the same old bollocks for a long time. And banning cars and lorries is another sad old cliché constantly trotted out by the gun lobby.

Why did you mention a ban on trucks if it has nothing to do with bans on guns?
giujohn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 12:55 pm
@izzythepush,
To illustrate that offering feel good laws that would have done nothing to solve the problem and offering them knowing full well that they would never be enacted, is just another way to pacify the sheeple.