Another terrorist attack in France

izzythepush

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 02:13 pm
@giujohn,
So it was about guns, (and verbosity.)
giujohn

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2016 09:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Truth be told I was very succinct... Do you see guns in your sleep as well?
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 12:40 am
@maxdancona,
You're such a contemptible jerk. No compassion for the victims and their families? No empathy? Go take a one-way trip to Saudi Arabia or Iran.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 12:47 am
@giujohn,
I don't want to waste any more time on you. You were found out but you're not man enough to own up so we get this tired old crap. You're not smart enough to pull it off.
giujohn

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 06:58 am
@izzythepush,
LOL... Yes, I was lost in the wilderness thanks for finding me izzy
izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 09:15 am
@giujohn,
You make it sound like I stepped in something.
giujohn

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2016 10:04 am
@izzythepush,
Okay well check your shoes I guess
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 06:06 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
But you also couldn't help but throw a snide barb brandon's way, as if posts in this forum that "send thoughts and prayers to the victims and their loved ones" is of any significance whatsoever.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2016 06:07 pm
@roger,
It wasn't a language thing.
0 Replies

FashionRCD

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2016 08:26 am
@giujohn,
take care people in france .
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 07:41 am
@FashionRCD,
And, unfortunately, they need to because they have clearly been targeted by the jihadists.

In part, it's because the Muslim immigrants to France (and their progeny) have neither flourished nor assimilated

In part it's because, apparently, the security forces are not up to world class standards

In largest measure though is the fact that the French were anything but benign colonists and were viciously brutal in their reaction to the independence movements in their Muslim, North African colonies. People in that part of the world don't forgive blood debts for a very long time.

I do, though, wish them very well. None of the innocents being slaughtered deserve their fate
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 08:04 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
In part it's because, apparently, the security forces are not up to world class standards
What is the definition of a "world class standard of security force"?
Who belongs to that group?

And - since we had had similar cases here in Germany, just one on Monday - how does a world class security force prevent spontaneous attacks (I mean all that what was formerly known as "running amok")?

I do agree, however, that one ot the - if not THE - main reasons is Frnace's colonial history and the failed integration of immigrants from the Maghreb.
And ... France banished religion from public life, something everyone rightly welcomes. Everyone but Muslims, who see e.g. a headscarf ban for example as a targeted attack on their belief.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 10:56 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Neither the Charlie Hebdoe attacks were lone wolf operations. They were well planned and coordinated. World Class security forces may not catch the first one but they rarely are ill prepared for a subsequent more severe one.

In any case I didn't offer this observation as an expert on security, I wrote that it is apparently the case, and it is.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 11:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Okay, thanks. (I'd thought, this thread was related to the attack in Nice.)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 01:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
How does your being so anal retentive and pedantic do for you in your real life?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 02:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
In real life I use it to lead discussion groups for dogs about Pavlov.

And now, Finn, go Freud yourself!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 02:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Don't you mean

Gehen Fick dich?

Same to you Walter

(Please, please, please! If I didn't get the translation precisely right don't get consumed by your pedantic obsession and go off on how it was wrong. You know what it means)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 02:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Don't you mean

Gehen Fick dich?
No, I didn't mean that. And I don't think that I've ever used during the 16 years here, not in English, German or another language.

Actually, it's a joke done by people who know about Freud. But I admit that you not only need to have some knowledge about it to get it but a sense of humour as well.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 02:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Oh because "Go Freud yourself" has no resemblance whatsoever to "Go F*ck yourself"

And I didn't just get the gentle joke.

Right
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 04:18 pm
@wmwcjr,
Go read my post again... and see if you can understand the point I was making.
0 Replies