FBI Director Comey: It is possible hostile actors gained access to Clinton's email account.

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 10:14 am
Nuff said
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 4,283 • Replies: 78

woiyo

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 10:40 am
"CARELESS", "ANYONE IN HER POSITION SHOULD HAVE KNOWN"

And the result of her arrogance is the title to this thread.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:10 am
@edgarblythe,
It was also possible hostile actors got into the Pentagon, congress, and a host of other government data, all of them were hacked.
woiyo

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 11:22 am
@revelette2,
So you could not care less about her arrogant handling of her responsibilities. Good to know.
Lash

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Aliens did it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:19 pm
She's "evolving."
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:20 pm
@woiyo,
If you refer to the email server, yes, I could not care less. Whenever I read about what the Secretary of State does, manage email for the State Department is not on that list. Serves as the President's principal adviser on U.S. foreign policy? Check. Conducts negotiations relating to U.S. foreign affairs? Check. "Personally participates in or directs U.S. representatives to international conferences, organizations, and agencies", "negotiates, interprets, and terminates treaties and agreements", "supervises the administration of U.S. immigration laws abroad", check, check, check. I suppose directing the IT department is somewhere under "Administers the Department of State", but if it is, it's really far down there.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
The Bernie birds and Trumpsters want to have an issue and this is what they got. As was said, shes not her own IT guys.
I think f she pleads responsibility of incredibky bad judgement and saying that her asministration will make sure it sets policy AND sets up the technical means to make sure that
1 all mail is automatically routed through secure lines

2 All mail is vetted before and after the fact for these kinds of screwups.
I understand, from sources that the GW Bush regime was famous for acountsmanship.

Think about Trump, he has almost all his brain trust invested through his kids nd in-laws. DUHHH.

Im sure that this will be beaten nd flogged over the next few months and suddenly, like the Swifboat BS, Itll disappear

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:37 pm
As I said: "She's evolving." Not to worry.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:45 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

The Bernie birds and Trumpsters want to have an issue and this is what they got. As was said, shes not her own IT guys.
I think f she pleads responsibility of incredibky bad judgement and saying that her asministration will make sure it sets policy AND sets up the technical means to make sure that
1 all mail is automatically routed through secure lines

2 All mail is vetted before and after the fact for these kinds of screwups.
I understand, from sources that the GW Bush regime was famous for acountsmanship.

Think about Trump, he has almost all his brain trust invested through his kids nd in-laws. DUHHH.

Im sure that this will be beaten nd flogged over the next few months and suddenly, like the Swifboat BS, Itll disappear

That's it. Bernie Sanders supporters are at the bottom of this. Laughing
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 12:46 pm
Robert Reich
7 mins ·
FBI Director James B. Comey says his agency will not recommend criminal charges against Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server as secretary of state. But he called Clinton and her staff “extremely careless” in handling sensitive material – and noted that “there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information.” Acknowledging that his recommendation will create “intense public debate,” Comey said that in his judgment no reasonable prosecutor would bring such -- and the ultimate decision will be left up to the Justice Department.
While recommending no criminal charges, Comey nevertheless systematically dismantled all the public explanations Clinton has offered to reassure the public for the past 15 months: He said careful analysis by officials from multiple agencies found there was classified material and that in 110 emails the information was sensitive enough to be classified at the time it was sent, not just after the fact; that some of it was “top secret” dealing with “special access programs,” the very highest level of classification; that Clinton authored some of the most concerning emails and that the conversations were sufficiently sensitive that a person in her job should have known they contained classified material; that the material was susceptible to being hacked; that she used multiple personal servers; and that the FBI had uncovered thousands of her emails that hadn’t been turned over to the State Department.
Coming just a week after Bill Clinton’s “impromptu” meeting with Attorney General Loretta Lynch, the FBI’s decision hardly puts an end to suspicions that politics are playing a role in this.
Now it’s up to the Justice Department whether to press charges.
Why was Hillary Clinton so careless? Why was Bill Clinton so mindless as to visit the Attorney General last week in private?
The stakes for America and the world couldn’t be higher. With Donald Trump the alternative to Hillary Clinton, we can’t afford any more Clintonian missteps.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 01:10 pm
Tuesday, July 05, 2016
James Comey saves Hillary's bacon
Takes the heat off Loretta Lynch and any federal grand jurors in the process. It was a pretty harsh scolding the FBI director gave the former Secretary of State in his public statement moments ago, but that's all it was.

I don't think the fire has been extinguished, but the bad weather is blowing over.

In chronological order:
Follow
NBC Charlotte ✔ @wcnc
#BREAKING: FBI Director Comey says after tremendous amount of work, the FBI has completed investigation and handing off to DOJ for decision
10:02 AM - 5 Jul 2016
6 6 Retweets 1 1 like

Follow
7News Boston WHDH ✔ @7News
FBI Director Comey: 110 emails in 52 email chains determined to contain classified info, 8 were top secret #7News
10:07 AM - 5 Jul 2016
13 13 Retweets 6 6 likes

Follow
Dave Boucher @Dave_Boucher1
FBI Director Comey: Among emails not turned over by Clinton, 3 were classified at the time they were sent or received
10:08 AM - 5 Jul 2016
4 4 Retweets likes

Follow
DJ Judd ✔ @juddzeez
FBI Director Comey says they believe "there was no intentional misconduct," in sorting of emails. http://www.cbsnews.com/live/
10:11 AM - 5 Jul 2016
1 1 Retweet likes

Follow
Lou Raguse ✔ @LouRaguse
FBI director Comey calls Clinton and staff "extremely careless" in handling classified emails.
10:11 AM - 5 Jul 2016
2 2 Retweets 3 3 likes

Follow
ABC News Politics ✔ @ABCPolitics
FBI Director Comey: No "intentional misconduct" in connection with sorting of Clinton's emails.
10:13 AM - 5 Jul 2016
72 72 Retweets 44 44 likes

Follow
Mike Dorning ✔ @MikeDorning
FBI director Comey: Clinton "extremely careless" with classified information. "Reasonable person" should have known better.
10:13 AM - 5 Jul 2016
14 14 Retweets 5 5 likes

Follow
Mikaela Bufano ✔ @MikaelaBufano
FBI Director Comey: It is possible hostile actors gained access to Clinton's email account.
10:14 AM - 5 Jul 2016
1 1 Retweet likes

Follow
Steven Portnoy ✔ @stevenportnoy
BREAKING: FBI Director Comey says "no reasonable prosecutor would bring" a criminal case against Clinton.
10:15 AM - 5 Jul 2016
37 37 Retweets 13 13 likes

Follow
Felicia Schwartz ✔ @felschwartz
FBI director Comey: We are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case
10:16 AM - 5 Jul 2016 · Washington, DC, United States
3 3 Retweets likes

So it was necessary, as referenced here, for there to be malfeasant intent, not just sloppiness or incompetence. That's the part I got wrong; she didn't mean to, and that's okay.

I suppose there would have had to have been evidence that somebody died as a result of her mishandling of classified information. But perhaps not even then. Killing your own credibility and trustworthiness is no crime, after all.

Especially when it was already dead.

Update: It seems the law is quite clear about intent.
Posted by PDiddie at Tuesday, July 05, 2016
RABEL222

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 01:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
A conservative republican white american male says Hillary "MIGHT" have shown bad judgement. But said that she broke "NO" laws. The FBI has been in the pocket of white american males since J Edgar Hoover. On political questions I wouldent believe him on a stack of bibles 10 feet high. They , the FBI, sat on this issue until they knew it would do her the most damage. But a republican trying his damdest to find something illegal couldent find anything but his opinion which dont mean shyt.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 01:50 pm
@RABEL222,
He didn't call her blameless. Just said he did not recommend an indictment. You must not have listened to the same news conference I did. His description of her misdeeds was pretty harsh.
farmerman

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 01:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
That's it. Bernie Sanders supporters are at the bottom of this
Its an issue for both Bernie birds and Trumpsters. Yourself included. You stated waaaay up front that you would never vote for Hillary. Thats a political worldview statement of there ever was one.
1Make up mind early
2Seek out anything that supports your minds choice
3 gripe if it doesnt turn out your way

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 02:21 pm
@farmerman,
You in the first place seem to equate going after her faults with Swiftboating Kerry. Kerry was a hero. She is no Kerry, despite claiming to have dodged sniper bullets (erroneously). Many Hillary supporters tag us as Sanders is god crowd. These same people guard all the political threads as jealously as any believer guards the Pope. If it was just a question of the emails, I could lump it and vote for her. It is a whole plethora of issues, not the least of which is the way she switches positions as the polls roll. (something even Democrats got down on Kerry for). She didn't just vote for the Iraq invasion. She enthusiastically supported it. She was wrong on Libya. She is always on the side of more war. She described the TTP trade bill as the Gold Standard, until the polls told her to say otherwise. I am vehemently against this bill and any politician that endorses it. She wants to sit on Obamacare, when it obviously needs to be upgraded. She was not against prisons for profit, until that became a liability. I did not make my decision concerning her out of thin air or visceral dislike. It is based on concern for the fate of my country.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 02:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sorry Edgar but what I heard was bad judgment, which she has already admitted to, but no law breaking. Everything else is just opinion which as I stated previously dont mean shyt.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 02:54 pm
@RABEL222,
Don't mean **** to the Hillary is god crowd.
revelette2

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 02:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Not that my opinion counts too much, but I believe you, you have explained yourself well and some of what you say, I can see where you are coming from. (concerning wars...)

Where I disagree is settling for all or nothing which is the way I have seen the Bernie movement all along. I understand why you have decided to go that route and I respect that, I just disagree.

Also, calling people "Hillary is God crowd is not helpful."
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2016 03:16 pm
@revelette2,
The mistake Democrats make regarding people like me is, they can't see the principles behind my stand. Voting for more war, the TTP trade bill and such are not options. I swore off voting for Republicans with Ronald Reagan. I have not called myself a Democrat since the middle of Bill Clinton's first term. The only party of any membership that comes close to what I believe is Green.