Husband's female friend

Cianna

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 11:01 am
My husband has a female friend that I can not stand, she crosses lines all the time. This friend of my husband calls him or texts him when ever she wants to. When we are for diner she calls, when we are on a holiday she calls or will text him, when we go to bed at night she calls or will text him. I tell him this is disrespectful but he obviously see nothing wrong with it. Last night we were watching something on TV, when I noticed he had been texting that friend. I was so angry I finally asked him if there was something going with this friend well that didn't go to well so here I am, what would you have done if this was you?

snood

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 04:03 pm
@Cianna,
We train people how to treat us. You have allowed your husband to believe that it crosses no personal boundaries of yours to have this woman calling and texting him at all hours .

You are at a disadvantage because you didn't put your foot down early, so he doesn't think he needs to respect you, and has no problem with hurting your feelings as long as he gets to carry on this outside "friendship". Personally, he sounds like a jerk and maybe not worth keeping.

If you have any self-respect, you need to stand up for yourself and decide what you are willing to live with.

If this man and this marriage is something you really think you need to fight for, you're going to have to either demand he respect your feelings, or accept that he is going to continue to walk all over you.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 04:11 pm
@snood,
I agree with snood.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 05:57 pm
@Cianna,
Forget about her. Is your husband taking her calls/texts when you're at dinner/on vacation/in bed? He's the one who's being disrespectufl to you.

What is your relationship with his female friend like? is she part of your mutual social circle? does she spend time with both of you as a couple?
Cianna

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 06:32 pm
@snood,
Thanks snood, for your feedback yours words have really hit home. Last night was my breaking point and this evening I gave him the ultimatum. I know my self worth and this is where it stops with the disrespect.
0 Replies

Cianna

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 06:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Hello EhBeth,
This lady is someone my husband knew before he met me, I have met her on several occasions but I can honestly say we don't breathing in common. I find her to be very simple so I can't relate to her. I reached my breaking point with my husband last night so my word to him regarding his disrespect were made very clear along with a ultimatum.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2016 07:03 pm
@Cianna,
In future relationships, I'd suggest that you (and any future partner) make at least a minimal effort to include each other's friends in casual social gatherings. Sometimes that's all it takes for people to be clear about the relationship and the confidence of the partners.
0 Replies