help with boyfriend

unable

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 02:52 pm
uhm.. so i have an issue with my boyfriend.. i have depression and have been getting better but recently i have been getting worse and i cant help but feel as if its because of my relationship.. my boyfriend starts fights about everything and expects me to ALWAYS be perfect and know what to do and say. i feel like ive stayed the same but as hes gotten more comfortable with me he becomes harder to communicate with,, he always puts me down and disregards any opinions i have if theyre not his saying im stupid and an idiot, he starts fights over nothing and says im stupid, an idiot, retarded, childish, and even called me mental and says all our fights are my fault and i bring it on myself. and that im annoying and he cant stand me.. he constantly makes me feel horrible about myself and then after fighting and blaming everything on me he says hes sorry and he didnt mean any of it.. but if he says it it must be at least a little true,, and hes lied about seeing girls and i know hes deleted texts and messages so i dont see them. hes so private and i just dont know what to do. i want us to be happy like we were in the beginning but i cant keep doing this or i am going to revert back to my old ways. anytime i try to talk to him about it makes him angrier, he just likes to pretend nothing happened and i cant do that, he refuses to understand that i have this mental illness and continues to say stuff like he should just go **** girls and be single and call me names.. he says its who he is and its cause of his ADHD but hes stopped seeing his counsellor and trying to get medication but has also told me he thinks the reason he does this is cause he know i wont leave.. i just dont know how to be good enough for him and if it keeps going like this im.. i just cant keep doing this. please help

jespah

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 02:56 pm
@unable,
Why stay?
unable

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 03:02 pm
@jespah,
love him too much to leave.. if we were so happy before we should be able to get it back.. right..?
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 07:21 pm
Low self esteem girl with an abusive guy - not a good mix.

Consider counseling to figure out why you would stay with a guy who talks and treats you like he does.

And you call that "love"??

Who told you love was like THAT?

He's bored with it all , so he's trying to sabotage the relationship. He deliberately offends you so then he can blame you for the breakup.

how old are you two?

unable

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 07:46 pm
@PUNKEY,
im 20.. hes almost 25
unable

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2016 07:47 pm
@unable,
he also says he doesnt want me to leave him ever
0 Replies

Saintest

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2016 04:37 am
If I were you, I will ask him directly what is going on and tell him exactly what you want. Straight to the point, 'te! Saves you time figuring out what is happening.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2016 06:38 am
@unable,
You are engaging in magical, wishful thinking.

You are under no obligation whatsoever to continue. People change. Relationships do not always last - most do not. There is no shame in ending it.
unable

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 05:08 am
@jespah,
So you dont think he wants this to work and thats why he does this?
jespah

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 05:27 am
@unable,
Stop making this about him.

Christ on a cracker, have some goddamned self-respect.

Who cares what he thinks or what he does?

He is abusive to you. Full stop.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 08:26 am
@unable,
It doesn't matter why he's doing it.

He is treating you badly and you need to deal with that.

What are you going to do? Stay with someone who treats you badly? Leave and find someone who will treat you better? this is up to you and no one else.
0 Replies