Makeup or Dirt Stains on Fiance's TShirt?

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 07:40 pm
I need help knowing what a makeup/lipstick stain would look like on a shirt around the collar. I have a pic but don't see an option to post it. Could anyone that has gone through this help me out? Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,460 • Replies: 31

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 07:52 pm
What makes you suspect that this could be lipstick?

Where exactly is it? Front, back, side?

What color is it?

Why don't you just ask, "Hey, what's this on your shirt? It looks like lipstick!"
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 08:02 pm
@Tnchick88,
Ticomaya wrote:
How to add an image to A2K in 6 painfully easy steps:

1. Navagate to "imgur.com." You can type those words in the browser address area each time, or perhaps if you're feeling adventurous, save it as a bookmark/favorite.

2. Click on "Computer" in the "Upload images" section on the page. You might have to look for this, but it's sorta toward the upper right of the page.

3. Navigate to your image on your computer. (Pretend you are going to email it to a friend.)

4. Click "Start Upload".

(Seconds later .... Voila ... your image is now hosted on the Internet!)

5. Copy the link to the image, which is found to the right of the displayed image. (I use the "BBCode" link, and just paste that directly into my A2K post -- it adds the IMG codes so I don't have to. Otherwise you can use the "Direct Link" and add those codes yourself.)

6. Paste the link into your A2K post (using the IMG codes if using the "Direct Link" method, or without using the IMG codes if using the "BBCode" method.)

(Voila again ... you have just added a link of your image to your post. Always preview to make sure it worked properly.)

Note: The IMG codes should like something like this, as they surround the link to your image in your post:
Code:[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Kxym77c.png[/IMG]

facebook is also a good hosting site...
Tnchick88

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 06:37 pm
@PUNKEY,
Well, the shirt was in his truck and I just happened to notice it on his seat after he cleaned his truck out. It is a white T-Shirt and the only stains are around the collar on the front right side of it. The color is brown (like dirt) and a pinkish red. I did ask him straight up and he told me it was dirt. As much as I want to believe him, I cannot bring myself to.
Tnchick88

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 06:52 pm
@PUNKEY,
http://imgur.com/TuITc8K
Tnchick88

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 06:53 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thank you for your help
roger

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 07:26 pm
@Tnchick88,
I could be wrong, but what I see in that picture doesn't look like grounds for suspicion.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 07:31 pm
@Tnchick88,
looks like a dirty shirt to me
<shrug>
but I'm not looking for anything else
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 07:33 pm
@Tnchick88,
I get why you are suspicious, the red tones look a bit like makeup. But unless it was a clown or someone with some pretty crazy mixes of colors it seems pretty clear that the browns are dirt and the redder tones could easily be too. And if it were makeup it seems likely that you wouldn't have that mix.

They are also not in a pattern that seems very likely to have come about in the manner you might be imagining and more than anything it would have been very noticeable to your man that it happened and he probably would not have let you find it if it were truly evidence of wrongdoing.

Anyway, that is my take but I'm sure someone who is better about relationship advice will come along and tell you that you need to be able to trust your guy and not hold on to such suspicions if they are thus far unfounded. No matter what the case may be for this if you can't trust your significant other you can't have a lasting relationship. And if he hasn't done anything wrong it would be a pity to doom the relationship due to unfounded suspicion.
Tnchick88

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:24 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I agree completely on having trust there. Unfortunately, he still has some trust to regain after I found multiple profiles he set up on dating sites. I am only torn because of it. While it does look like dirt almost, it smelled clean. It smelled like I just washed it. It's really hard right now. I'm pregnant and have nowhere else to go. I have put a link to the first pic I took. It's got the pants that have the same color stain on the inside pocket. I had to enhance the first one so the shade variation was a little off.
Tnchick88

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:25 pm
@Robert Gentel,
http://imgur.com/sMtdO31
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:31 pm
@Tnchick88,
Well the dating site issue is definitely a more reasonable thing to be suspicious about.

For the record, your additional pic makes it seem even less like makeup to me. That much all over the place is much more likely to be dirt than makeup, someone would have had to basically try cleaning their makeup off with his clothes to get that much all over the place.
roger

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:35 pm
@Tnchick88,
Well, we hardly know the back story, but stains on the inside pocket of the pants? If he's getting someone's makeup inside his pocket, the explanation would be really interesting.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:40 pm
@Tnchick88,
looks like a bad job on laundry day

that doesn't look anything like makeup stains (before or after washing)
ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:42 pm
@Tnchick88,
Tnchick88 wrote:
As much as I want to believe him, I cannot bring myself to.

if you can't, you can't

at this stage, if you were my friend, I'd tell you to do the nice thing and let the poor guy go
0 Replies

Tnchick88

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:48 pm
@Robert Gentel,
He works outside so I definitely believe there is some dirt, but why on clean clothes? The suspicious pink stain is only around the right side of his collar where someone could easier leave their mark on him and the stain on the inside of his pants pocket is on the right side as well like someone else had to put their hand in his pocket for the stain to go in that direction. He told me these pants were "clean". He didn't expect me to go in his truck and didn't know I went in there to grab our child's car seat. I wouldn't have seen the shirt if I didn't do that because when I sent him the same pics his response was "where did you find this shirt". I don't know. I feel like I'm super emotional from being pregnant and too hormonal about things
0 Replies

Tnchick88

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:50 pm
@ehBeth,
The dirt came out fine. The pinkish color took three washes to finally get out.
Tnchick88

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:52 pm
@roger,
Oh yea... The pants excuse lol... Here is a copy of the text he sent me when I asked him "If it was pink on my pants pocket that was blood cause i didn't realize I flicked my cig cherry in my pocket till it burnt me and please come home tonight we need to talk and get all this figured out"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:59 pm
@Tnchick88,
Tnchick88 wrote:
The pinkish color took three washes to finally get out.

lipstick/blush stains don't come out without special treatment
what product did you use to get them out?
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 09:01 pm
Oh for cristsake. That looks like dye from a sweatshirt or inside fleece he wore over his t-shirt. (You say he works outside?)

Please get into therapy. This is more than hormones.