My husband thinks I cheated on him but I didnt. What can I do.

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 03:06 am
Please help. This is the first time I've been to this site so bear with me and I apologize in advance.

I have gotten myself into a huge crisis.
My husband thinks I left the bar with some man and had sex with some guy the other night. My husband come home from work just after midnight as he always does. He got my friends text. Didn't say anything at first but asked if I have been drinking. He then had sex with me. He has continued to have sex with me again tonight even tho he thinks I've cheated.

I swear I never did that but the whole scenario of what did go down that night looks bad.

I went to the bar with a couple of my girlfriends and had some drinks but I lied to my husband about it because he doesn't like me drinking let alone go to the bar. Well my one girlfriend texts my husband's cell thinking it was mine I guess and said that I shouldn't have left with that man chris and hopes I don't sleep with him that she could tell the guy liked me the moment we stepped into the bar.

Well I told my husband yesterday that yes I did go to the bar that I'm sorry I lied but I did NOT leave the bar with any man and did not have sex with any man but him since the moment we met. I left the bar early as I panicked and just wanted to get out of that place and cone home. I was home early I'd say around 7 or 8pm ish. We only got to the bar at 6pm. I have done things I'm ashamed of but I swear I have never cheated on my husband.

It kills me to think he actually is thinking I did as my friend said and I am literally sick to my stomach. I can't eat or sleep. I love my husband with my whole heart and soul and he is hurting real bad.

I don't expect him to believe me since I've already lied to him. If it was me in his shoes I'd be far worse and would think the worst.

My husband has continued to have sec with me since that night which I'm greatful for but I know how sad he is.

And help or advice I can get would be greatly appreciated

jespah

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 06:52 am
@tamtamthebrake,
Counseling. Get an impartial arbiter into the equation.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 07:32 am
@tamtamthebrake,
I find it hard to believe that your friend "accidentally" texted your husband's phone instead of yours and tells "you" that you should not have left with Chris when she knows you would know that you did not really leave with Chris. What would be the point of her texting this to you? So either you are trying to lie to us (and yourself) and you did leave with Chris or your "friend" meant to text your husband and lied to him for some unknown reason. If your friend is the liar, then I think you need to dump this so called friend. If you are the one lying to us, then I don't see how any advice given will be helpful to you.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 08:05 am
A good sign on whom is telling the truth is indignation...
0 Replies

tamtamthebrake

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 06:25 pm
@CoastalRat,
I realise how bad it looks but I am telling the absolute truth. This friend of mine have only recently been hanging out. I have been told by many people that she is nothing but a drunk and trouble. She doesn't like my husband, well common law of 2 years but been together for 4 years. My husband and I have had a rocky relationship where I have been asked to leave several times. Not saying it's all his fault cause I know I have done some things but the last few times I was asked to leave is when I stayed with new friend for a couple days and her boyfriend try to set me up with their single male friends. I always tell them im not interested while there is a chance my husband and i will pull through.Well the last time I stayed with her then left to come home she was furious and kept telling me I can do so much better...that he doesn't love me etc etc...anyways needless to say I will no longer consider that friend I had a friend and yes I have ditched her.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 07:48 pm
@tamtamthebrake,
Get a better group of friends.

That would be a good start.

Talk to your husband. Ask him what you can do to earn his trust. Ask him if he would be willing to attend counselling with you. Go for counselling whether or not he goes. You need to figure out why you're hanging out with an unsavory/untrustworthy person you were calling a friend.

You definitely need to work with your husband on improving the relationship and talking honestly with him is a big part of that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 07:49 pm
@tamtamthebrake,
Instead of going to the bar, find a sport or fitness activity you enjoy. It will keep you busy and out of trouble. It will be good for your physical and emotional health.
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Sun 15 May, 2016 06:56 pm
@tamtamthebrake,
I find it rather odd that your friend has your husband's number. NONE of my friends had my husband's number. ???
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 01:07 am
@tamtamthebrake,
As Coastalrat said - it's very difficult to almost impossible to send that sort of text by mistake:
- it's the sort of message you always doublecheck
- peoples phone numbers are usually stored under names - hard to think she got an entire name wrong
- it's unusual to make an accusation in such a way

Personally, I very much doubt the person who sent the text is truly your friend.

That said, as Fil also said, people wrongly accused are usually indignant...but not always. In other words, for many people - if you don't become indignant when you are accused of something you didn't do, then you must be guilty - because you are feeling, and behaving, in a guilty way.

To me, your husband's behaviour reeks of 'testing for guilt'.

If that's the case, you are failing the tests.

Possible avenues include:
- talking it out
- having a 'fight' (not physical), in order to stand up for yourself
- mediation
- couples therapy

0 Replies