How to kick a guy out after a hookup?

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:03 am
I'm having a guy come over for what we both know is casual sex this Thursday, and I just wanted to know what the most polite way to get him to leave afterward is? I don't want to be rude, but I also don't want to get pulled into hanging out for hours afterward or having a sleepover buddy.

Any advice?

maxdancona

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:37 am
@Dtothebook,
It sounds like you have an understanding and that you are able to talk openly. Why not just talk to him about it before Thursday. Having these conversations before sex is much easier than right after sex.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:39 am
Geez, not even breakfast??

Ouch, he's gonna feel used. (But that's your point)

Don't have him over to your house, if this is how you feel.

Go to a motel, or go to his house so you can get up and leave when you want.

maxdancona

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 06:46 am
@PUNKEY,
Punkey, I don't know what your gender is. But I speak as a heterosexual male.

If a woman invites me over for casual sex, and makes it clear that she doesn't want me to sleep over, or to linger after the sex is done.... I am happy to oblige. As long as it is communicated up front (so there will be no hurt feelings or misunderstandings) this sounds like a good deal to me.

I suspect that most heterosexual men would feel the same way. Of course, this comes down to the two individuals involved.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 08:30 am
@Dtothebook,
Tell him now. It would have best to have that part of the original planning process. It's no big deal if you're upfront about your preferences.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 08:42 am
@Dtothebook,
You could pretend that you have groceries to buy, a movie to see. Or you could just tell him straight. Men usually like casual sex.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 08:54 am
@Olivier5,
I would prefer you tell me straight.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:02 am
@maxdancona,
Many women feel that they are not entitled to enjoy a good shot and nothing more; that it's not ladylike... Hence my proposal to find some pretext like grocery shopping.

Of course, there's always the risk that the guy would be a nice, congenial person and that he would say: let me come with you and carry the bags! :-)
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:10 am
@Olivier5,
now that's funny - it's precisely what happened when I tried to end a bad date early

we'd gone for our first meal together. between the time we ordered and the food arrived, I realized the date was going nowhere. I said I'd forgotten I had to pick some groceries up and needed to leave right away. Called the waiter over and asked to have my meal packed to go as soon as it was ready. The guy said to pack his food too, he was coming with me to help with my groceries Shocked I said not necessary. He said yes and followed me home. I told him the date was not working out. He didn't believe me. He called for months. It only ended when I moved to another city.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:13 am
@ehBeth,
Blame your charm for it.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:18 am
@Olivier5,
I almost wish.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:27 am
@ehBeth,
Or maybe blame your haste to leave the restaurant. That must have left a deep mark on the man's mind. An affront impossible to forget. Wipping his pride up and the like.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:29 am
@Olivier5,
It was the last time I wasn't upfront about a bad date. I learned that direct and honest is the only way to go.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:32 am
@Olivier5,
Any person who is arranging a date for casual sex already understands perfectly well that they are entitled to enjoy a "good shot" and nothing more. That is the very idea of casual sex.

Pretexts are a bad thing when it comes to sexual trysts, in this type of arrangement it is important to be up front so that both people involved understand perfectly well what it means.

Say clearly what you want and how you want, before you turn on the neuro-chemical pumps. If you don't want to see my ugly face ever again after we have coitus... just tell me, I can take it.

Telling me you need to go grocery shopping is just plain mean.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:48 am
@maxdancona,
It's not mean. Just a bit hypocritical and generally harmless.

Quote:
Say clearly what you want and how you want, before you turn on the neuro-chemical pumps.

Sorry Max but... that sounds sooo contractual. What about the charms of ambiguity, surprises, anticipation or angst? Not to mention that those pesky neuro-chemicals tend to ruin the best-laid plans.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 09:57 am
@ehBeth,
Right. But this isn't a bad date. She might want to see the guy again.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 10:02 am
@Olivier5,
Honesty is still the best option. Be clear when setting up the booty call that it's for sex only, and that he's expected to leave afterward.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 10:04 am
@ehBeth,
Okay. I wish we boys could say that to a girl and live. ;-)
NSFW (view)
maxdancona

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 11:09 am
@ehBeth,
Please please tell me how to join this dance world of which you speak?
0 Replies