What will your reaction be if you are suspended?

Sun 27 Dec, 2015 06:47 pm
I admit to enjoying the discussion about the forum and future changes. If you find it tiresome, you're invited to not participate in this thread. People interacting with one another is often, for me, intriguing. I have found in my business life that an understanding of how people will generally react to a given situation is quite valuable. Of course to gain such an understanding one needs to see the situation play out at least several times.

Only recently has there been a hubub about suspensions, and I think by their notable absence we can all figure out who has suffered the cut.

My question is how would you react?

Would you return to the forum chastened or unrepentant? Would you quit the forum altogether?

I certainly won't hold anyone to their replies, because it's the sort of thing you can't predict with certainty.

I suppose that for some it will depend upon the offense that got them suspended. If they acknowledge it was offensive they might have a different reaction than if they felt it was unjust.

Personally I tend to think that my reaction would be to quit the forum altogether...so if you want me gone you should bait the bear.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 34 • Views: 15,952 • Replies: 328
Topic Closed

Below viewing threshold (view)
Finn dAbuzz

Sun 27 Dec, 2015 07:43 pm
@BillRM,
Kind of like the 29 who have viewed this thread and the 28 who haven't commented?
Tuna

Sun 27 Dec, 2015 07:56 pm
I've never been banned from a forum. I participated on a forum that had a high ban-rate, so I'm not sure why.

I'd be sort of pleased, I think. A little virtual rebel dew wrap for my noggin.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 27 Dec, 2015 08:09 pm
I saw a commercial, today, in which a girl sat in her sedan, waiting for the light to change. Another girl is on a motorcycle. This second revs the engine. The first responds by whipping out a MacDonald's breakfast sandwich, shocking the second girl, because it is long past breakfast time. A man's voice says, "Who is the rebel now?" I kinda feel like that rebel. Gimme the sausage egg biscuit.
roger

Sun 27 Dec, 2015 08:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Bacon, Cheese, and Egg Biscuit, but hold the terrible "Folded Egg".
ehBeth

Sun 27 Dec, 2015 08:59 pm
@roger,
Sausage biscuit. Hold the cheese and egg ... or put the egg on the side so I can give it to the dog. Give me two of the spicy mustard sauces.
roger

Sun 27 Dec, 2015 09:06 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm gonna go call the Humane Society.
ehBeth

Sun 27 Dec, 2015 09:45 pm
@roger,
Gonna get me a few more dogs?
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 01:31 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Didn't you threaten to leave some time ago? You're still here.

Which is fine by me, I have nothing against you being here. I'm just trying to figure out why you would predict that you would probably leave if suspended when you appear not to be able to keep away from the place.
Lordyaswas

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 01:45 am
If I ever get myself suspended I shall just stop wriggling and wait for the tickling to commence as usual.
layman

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 01:51 am
The onliest thing I was ever suspended from was parole.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 07:14 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

If I ever get myself suspended I shall just stop wriggling and wait for the tickling to commence as usual.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 08:01 am
@Blickers,
I don't know that I threatened to leave. Who would feel threatened by that? I did leave for a relatively short period - two or three months? I came back because I was sitting in an airport bar waiting for a flight and I had my iPad. My involvement thereafter was spotty and I can't recall which thread enticed me to return on a regular basis. But, yeah I enjoy the place. As I wrote, I'm not holding anyone to their answers, including me, but if I can imagine how I would feel after being suspended (a mixture of anger and embarrassment) I think it would finish it for me. (At least as long as I stayed away from hotel bars)

0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 08:44 am
If I were suspended, I would grab a new account with a different name and start all over again.
Lordyaswas

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 08:45 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Olly, is that you?
ossobuco

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 09:17 am
@Lordyaswas,
No, it isn't.
0 Replies

boomerang

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 12:21 pm
Hawkeye got suspended?
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 12:25 pm
@boomerang,
Yes, for using "fag" as a slur.

There are several other usual members who seem to be missing of late. Whether or not they have been suspended is anyone's guess.
BillRM

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 12:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Strange is it not that Robert announce in large letters that he had suspended Hawkeye for to me seems a minor misdeed but for everyone else we need to guess.

Hell to be called a fag would be a compliment compared to the slurs that been directed at me over the years.

Oh Well.
0 Replies