What will your reaction be if you are suspended?

ehBeth

Tue 5 Jan, 2016 03:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
sometimes I am in the mood to write more.

I very much enjoy writing.

Set's stolen Finn's log-in again.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 5 Jan, 2016 05:18 pm
@ehBeth,
That won't work anymore. Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 5 Jan, 2016 05:24 pm
@oralloy,
does "World of Warcraft" have a pistol grip joy stick?
bobsal u1553115

Tue 5 Jan, 2016 06:20 pm
@farmerman,
[img]Re: oralloy (Post 6102168)
does "World of Warcraft" have a pistol grip joy stick? [/img]

Yes.

Would it also be located in his mother's basement?
oralloy

Tue 5 Jan, 2016 11:30 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
does "World of Warcraft" have a pistol grip joy stick?

No. Keyboard and mouse.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Wed 6 Jan, 2016 12:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Would it also be located in his mother's basement?

Why do people always say "in his mother's basement"? Doesn't the father ever get to have a basement?

Oh-oh, I just had an epiphany! Very Happy Now I know why! Smile

Norman hid his mother in the basement.

http://www.oneplusonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/image-22.jpg

Yep! It was her basement, all right.
bobsal u1553115

Wed 6 Jan, 2016 01:13 pm
@wmwcjr,
That and the generalization of single, socially inept, under/unemployed white males under 35 living in their single/widowed/divorced mother's basement. Along with all the repressed fury/disappointment, barely concealed contempt and passive aggressiveness that living with mom entails.

Just ask oralloy.
0 Replies

jcboy

Wed 6 Jan, 2016 08:34 pm
Quote:
What will your reaction be if you are suspended?

zay gezunt, Cool
0 Replies

dlowan

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 05:20 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I suppose my reaction to being suspended would depend on how involved I was with a2k at the time and if I thought the suspension was reasonable.

I suspect I'd have to be reasonably involved with the forum, or with a discussion, at least, to get to the point of suspension. I have thought past suspensions to be reasonable so I imagine I'd feel mine to also be reasonable, possibly after I'd calmed down, anyway.

In short I suspect I'd feel I'd been an idiot and might feel too,embarrassed to come back, or might decide it would be a good idea to take a break anyway.
dlowan

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 05:27 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

as for the suspension, if i was to be suspended a few feet over a pile of cushions i'd not be too upset, if however i was suspended any distance over a pile of glass shards i'd not be happy at all

Neither is relevant unless you stop being suspended and fall.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 05:32 am
@dlowan,
Bi-Polar used to get banned every so often for (I guess) inappropriate (but very cool) language. So whenever he came back he would do it with fanfare from the folks that appreciate his style.

Im sure someone like a HAwkeye had a number of similar buds , so his choice to walk away looks more petulant and childish than honorable.

But thats just me.
If I got kicked off for my occasional forays into the language "of the urban dictionary" , Sure Id come back.
I cant think of anything of which I believe so strongly that I would sever myy ties here, some of the observations everyone here makes are great and creative and usually very smart, so Id be the loser.
Despite my feelings about how brutally mean some of the really idiotic posters have gotten , Id still come back. (But I really havent seen JTT, Quahog, or coldjoint lately (and they were the only ones I had on IGNORE>
JPB

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 06:05 am
@farmerman,
The only one I ever ignored was H20MAN. I tried for the longest time to just scroll past that particular troll, but he out lasted my ability to ignore his rants without the ignore button. I had some interesting interactions with JTT. Never interacted with the other two you mentioned.
farmerman

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 06:25 am
@JPB,
JTT was intersting when youd first talk with her. She would confide and confide and , often, as discussions go, we would disagree , at which point she would go mostly "postal"
farmerman

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 06:27 am
@farmerman,
Trading insults with H2O man wa always fun cause he came up with some great ones. Coldjoint would just get into a lot of Bart Simpson.

I guess they moved on to sites that fully agreed with them cause they got nowhere here.
engineer

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:16 am
I usually just post my piece and when things devolve to name calling, move on so I can't imagine getting suspended, but if it happened, I'm sure I'd be back. I use the ignore function a lot to tailor my experience, but I would always read aggressive posters like JTT and Hawkeye who actually made points inside all the emotion. IMO, the board is a little weaker for their absence.
JPB

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 07:52 am
@farmerman,
The best thing about JTT is that all the men insist that poster's gender is female and all the women insist it's male Smile
George

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 08:25 am
@JPB,
Sonagun. I thought it was just me.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 09:27 am
@farmerman,
Cold joint is suspended for another month of two. Should have been permanent.

And so should have been Hawkeye.
layman

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 09:31 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Cold joint is suspended for another month of two. Should have been permanent.

And so should have been Hawkeye.

Yeah, right, eh? Just what ya would expect a commie to say.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 7 Jan, 2016 09:52 am
@engineer,
Hawkeye was annoying because he never considered anything but his own beliefs even when he couldnt back em up. He didnt discuss, he usually recited.

( HOWEVER, in his defense. At least he didnt devolve into mostly posting interminable articles with no comment and then would demand discussions based on canned premises.) His personal thoughts were at least as long as his posted articles , SO he probably DID think about em on his own.

0 Replies