Going Steady

BeccaH

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 12:27 pm
im in a long distance relationship with a widower that I've been dating for a few months. We have been going back and forth since he moved out of state, almost 2 months now, about where we are going with this relationship. He was hesitant in the beginning because he is recently widowed, almost 8 months now. His stepdaughter does not know of me but his son with his late wife knows daddy has a "friend".

He just recently said to me that he wants to "to go steady", and that he wants to work and see where our LDR goes.

what does going steady actually mean? Is it safe to say that we are officially bf/gf?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 767 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 12:32 pm
@BeccaH,
you talked about the same relationship not too long ago

just put your new question in that thread

http://able2know.org/topic/293745-1#post-6032394
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 01:38 pm
@BeccaH,
Geez - how old is he? "Going steady" is a 50s - 60s term.

I think what he means is "be exclusive."

But since he is so far away and he is just recently a widower, I wouldn't give him any promises.

PS Why did he move?

BeccaH

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 04:50 pm
@PUNKEY,
He is in his mid 40s. What promises are you referring to?

he lived on the East coast for work but since his wife passed away he moved back home (MidWest) to raise his son.
Ragman

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 06:10 pm
@BeccaH,
Quote:
What promises are you referring to?

Promise to marry.
BeccaH

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 06:56 pm
@Ragman,
Marriage is not something we have discussed. We want to see how it goes right now with us in this LDR.
Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 08:59 pm
@BeccaH,
Long distance relationships are different but possible. I am example. My husband..now..and I were from Boston to Montana now married over 17 years. It is not easy and each relationship is different.

You will know best..but if you are planning this sort of commitment then discussion of marriage should come soon.
tina699

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 08:53 am
Nice Topic
0 Replies

BeccaH

Reply Wed 7 Oct, 2015 09:30 pm
@Linkat,
I don't think either of us are ready for that discussion just yet. I just got out of a 10 year relationship and he out of a 15 year marriage. We just started to "officially" be exclusive not to long ago after being together for 4 months,
0 Replies