Are We Ready For a Woman President? Really?

McGentrix

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

They still argue with you. They don't give a crap what I think anymore. Smile

You made the mistake of speaking your mind politically in disagreement with the herd and they shunned you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:10 pm
@McGentrix,
I haven't shunned edgarblythe, and never will.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 01:16 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

You made the mistake of speaking your mind politically in disagreement with the herd and they shunned you.

Yes, that's exactly what happened. Drunk

I don't talk to edgar very much because he just copy/pastes a lot and then when you disagree with what he posts he either ignores it or says that I should take it up with the author.

He's mistaking whatever silence he's hearing as him being outcast instead of the truth which is that he's simply boring to converse with and honestly not worth any time or consideration.

That may change in the future, but for now, it's what it is (IMO)
georgeob1

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 02:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Well I once argued with you, mostly because we see some things differently. Later on I realized we have many tastes in music and literature in common. That caused me to look twice, and I found much more to like and enjoy than dispute.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 03:00 pm
@McGentrix,
I got testy with him during the primaries, but, honestly, I don't think he thinks I am worth the time. In any event, I agree on most issues with him except I think half a loaf is better than no loaf and he feels we have settled for half a loaf too long. I respect him for it as an honest held view but it leaves us with nothing to discuss because I don't want to get testy with him again.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:08 pm
My take on the election at this point is, Hillary is in danger of letting it slip away. After she secured the nomination she seems to have taken shelter under the corporate umbrella and is trying to ride it out instead of getting out there in a way that suggests to the voters she knows how they feel and she will work for them as president. By sitting still she makes a broad target for the email, health and such issues, instead of taking command of the narrative. It doesn't build public confidence when a candidate seems to be in neutral. Trump may be perceived as a loose cannon, a racist - whatever - but he gives the impression of doing. There is a great swath of poor white workers in swing states that no
longer feel confidence in the Democratic party and you can't blame them, because nothing is done in their interests anymore.

Of course the debates may or may not help her.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Trump's "going to make America great again" won the contest. Trump's bigotry, thin skin, lack of knowledge on most subjects, have won the day when the contest is this close. The "Deplorable" has won.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:36 pm
@maporsche,
I know and like edgarblythe. We have often over now long years agreed on stuff. I think I remember saying "see what edgarblythe says," as a quip about our level of agreement. I disagree with him on recent issues but I get his point of view completely.

Don't make assumptions.

EB has contributed widely here, whether or not he - or any of us - cut and paste to show a point..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 04:48 pm
If you don't cut and paste they ask for verification. What matter what order it comes?
Lash

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:09 pm
@maporsche,
A stupid lie.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 06:31 pm
I consider Edgar a good friend, and a fine man. I'm disappointed with those who are playing "dog pile on the rabbit". If I thought for one minute that he was actually being shunned, I'd be unable to muster up any enthusiasm to post here or even to read the posts.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:03 pm
@glitterbag,
Ditto for me!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
What my perception of tRump is that he lies 80% of the time and instead of the media pointing this out they just parrot what ever lie he is telling at any particular moment.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 07:22 pm
@RABEL222,
I disagree with Edgar on this election but if someone thinks I am shunning him it is just the conservative jerks worthless opinion who is trying to divide friends on this site. One can disagree with most on this site without losing friends as long as you are not a conservative.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2016 09:53 pm
@RABEL222,
Trump's lies that are not challenged is very frustrating.

http://trumplies.com/
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 09:45 am
@edgarblythe,
As should be very obvious I don't mind cut and paste, do it often. I just find the guy you quote so often to be too dismal and negative towards Hillary most of the time. She is far from a perfect candidate but I don't think she is as bad or is doing as badly or will do as badly as he makes out.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 12:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree with that Edgar. Trumps' recent rise in the polls is as much or more a refelection of Hillary's declining appeal as any real rise in his. I think the slowly gathering perception of the Clintonian thirst for power, position and money; the lies and deceptions they are willing to make to get them; and their all-to-evident condescension and contempt for those they patronize and promise to save; coupled with the shrill indignation Hillary assumes in so hypocritically criticizing the motives of her opponents are all starting to wear a bit thin.

It's a year filled with reversals and uncertainty and anything could still happen. However, I have a growing perception of a fairly widespread public thirst for something different from what we have experienced over the last eight years. That and the decline in trust for Clinton might well be decisive.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 12:56 pm
@georgeob1,
In order to see any change, we need better people seeking office. I don't see that happening any time soon.
georgeob1

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 12:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have no argument with that proposition.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2016 01:38 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
I think the slowly gathering perception of the Clintonian thirst for power, position and money; the lies and deceptions they are willing to make to get them; and their all-to-evident condescension and contempt for those they patronize

Nah, that's not it. For the past year, since Trump first announced his candidacy in a room full of actors hired to applaud, it's been Hillary ahead, Trump almost catches up. Then Hillary pulls ahead again, Trump almost catches up again. Then Hillary goes well ahead, then Trump nearly catches up again.

Yet, oddly, your posts only reflect the times that Trump almost catches up, and never deal with the numerous times Hillary recovered and pulled out ahead once more. Since your posts seem to only deal with the times Trump surges back, and never with the times Hillary pulls ahead again, one might think, by reading only your posts, that Trump is ahead by 20 points by now.