Lash

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 02:16 am
@farmerman,
The loss of civil rights is the strongest reason for my vote. You just don't see what Clinton proposes, or you are in denial about it.
farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 02:41 am
@Lash,
I need you to explain how you adopted that logic to my addled old brain.

You realize that Trump has alrady named 20 Supreme Court Justice candidates that he will propose to The Senate?? Not a progressive among em.
I really think your position as a "Berny " may have been just a cynical cover. Am I right? Bernie hisself has been loudly repeating what I just posted.
"The next best thing to Bernie being elected, is to preserve the revolution by preventing the Trump regime"
oralloy

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 02:49 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You realize that Trump has alrady named 20 Supreme Court Justice candidates that he will propose to The Senate?? Not a progressive among em.

The progressive justices are the ones who want to violate the Second Amendment.

Trump's nominees will protect our rights.
farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 03:04 am
@oralloy,
Im through with you, youve become Frank Apisa with but one track in your record.

I believe you should build your bomb shelter and let the rest of us be free of your self proclaimed "wisdom"
Ill tlk with you bout

ships and sealing wax but not the 2nd Amendment, you dont discuss, you just repeat bumper stickers.
Sorry dude, youve got nothing intelligent to saay bout making society work. You arent into problem solving are you? Just goddam bumpr stickers.

At least Dave would use logic. He rarely just relied on slogqneering.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 03:18 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I really think your position as a "Berny " may have been just a cynical cover. Am I right?

Yes.
oralloy

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 04:21 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
youve become Frank Apisa with but one track in your record.

Why thank you.

farmerman wrote:
I believe you should build your bomb shelter and let the rest of us be free of your self proclaimed "wisdom"

Keep in mind that when the Democrats try to take your guns, I'm the one who will protect you.

farmerman wrote:
you dont discuss, you just repeat bumper stickers.

What is wrong with me adhering to facts?

What is the definition of discussion? Abandoning facts and letting the gun banners redefine reality to hide the fact that they are violating everyone's rights?

farmerman wrote:
Sorry dude, youve got nothing intelligent to saay bout making society work. You arent into problem solving are you? Just goddam bumpr stickers.

I'm here to speak out in defense of freedom.

farmerman wrote:
At least Dave would use logic. He rarely just relied on slogqneering.

I find that relying on facts works quite well for me.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 06:38 am
@farmerman,
Her own views are wildly pro-war for the sake of war because it's lucrative for her. We will be at war with Russia because it suits her aims.

She's a neoliberal who administers government like a fascist. No press conferences, definitely no transparency, and she champions increased surveillance on YOU AND ME. She laughs about droning people. She champions trade policies that ratchet up the economic gulf between countries so much so that we will be attacked by terrorists from new countries and for good reason.

She is the queen of fracking and pipelines. The infrastructure is currently wearing down and requires repairs in order for our food and water to be safe. Instead of making any moves to take care of our basic needs, she is steamrolling toward bringing all of these issues to a crisis.

She belongs to Wall Street. We're already sold out.

Just exactly what is left for Trump to blunder into that she is not purposefully shown us she will do??
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 06:39 am
@izzythepush,
You are devoid of integrity.
snood

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 07:02 am
@farmerman,
My God, man. Thank you so much for that exceptionally thoughtful dissection of the urgent issues at stake. I'm serious - I'm not overestimating the significance of what we all say on opinion forums, but I am grateful that there are people like you who are holding a certain intellectual and ethical line... The line against the idiocy of arguments for a turn to fiscal and social conservatism certainly, but also against the insanity of continuing to act out antipathy toward Hillary rather than acting to (as you said) preserve the good and work for the better.
I don't think I knew about Omsig David dying. I didn't agree with him about anything, but it's important to remember that this privilege to argue and express ourselves is never about life against life (or at least it shouldn't be).
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 07:12 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I have a coherent answer. Vote Stein. Vote early and often.

This is an unusual year; Texas is actually within reach of the Democrats. A vote for Stein in Texas is no longer just a symbolic gesture.

If she truly represents your interests and values, then go for it. If you're doing it because you're bitter about Bernie, then maybe you should go consider what he's saying.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 07:46 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
"symbolic voting" while very noble sounding, is simply idiotic .

So if someone were considering casting a "symbolic vote" for Johnson rather than voting for Trump, you would encourage that person to vote for Trump instead?
Blickers

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 08:41 am
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
The progressive justices are the ones who want to violate the Second Amendment. Trump's nominees will protect our rights.

If Trump gets elected, you're going to need all your guns to fight Putin's Army as it marches across the land. Trump is going to install of Putin's policies in America because Trump views Putin as his comrade, a strong leader. Putin will be to Trump what Cheney was to Bush 43.

Ready, Aim, Fire -shoot the Russian troops coming to your neighborhood.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 08:48 am
@Lash,
Coming from someone who twice voted for Bush I take that as a compliment. You're just pissed off because I can see right through you, your little act didn't fool me for a second.
revelette2

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 08:49 am
@joefromchicago,
Might as well, effect will be the same since most of Johnson and Stein supporters take away from Clinton rather than Trump according to most pollsters. I suppose they are in the pockets of the Clinton's as well.
farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 09:20 am
@joefromchicago,
we agree to disagree on whose votes get stolen.
Blickers

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 09:29 am
@revelette2,
Absolutely right. If this nonsense about Johnson and Stein taking from Trump were true, than as Johnson and Stein decline, Trump would be going UP. Instead, Trump is going DOWN as Johnson andStein lose support, and it is Hillary who is going UP. Proof that Johnson and Stein are taking from Hillary, not Trump.

This chart which starts the day after the first debate shows that as Johnson and Stein go down, Hillary goes up. Johnson and Stein drain support from Hillary.

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/poll%20since%20first%20debate%204%20way_zpsqjsfpzor.jpg

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 09:31 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

we agree to disagree on whose votes get stolen.

Well, that doesn't answer ... anything anybody ever asked.

Just to refresh your recollection, here's my question to you again:

So if someone were considering casting a "symbolic vote" for Johnson rather than voting for Trump, you would encourage that person to vote for Trump instead?
DrewDad

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 10:46 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Absolutely right. If this nonsense about Johnson and Stein taking from Trump were true, than as Johnson and Stein decline, Trump would be going UP. Instead, Trump is going DOWN as Johnson andStein lose support, and it is Hillary who is going UP. Proof that Johnson and Stein are taking from Hillary, not Trump.

I'm not convinced of your argument.

It is possible that Republican voters were turned off by Trump, but did not want to vote Hillary, and so picked a third party. As the election grows closer they could be re-thinking their decision to vote third party and selecting Clinton as the better of the two major-party candidates.

The same scenario could hold true for Democrats; didn't want to vote for either Clinton or Trump, but now deciding to vote major party.

Without data on the voter's previous voting history, you can't tell which scenario is true, or if it's a mixture of both. (Personally, I'd argue it's likely to be a mixture of both.)

All this data tells you is that a) voters are drifting away from the third party candidates and b) most of those voters are choosing Clinton.
revelette2

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 10:47 am
@Blickers,
Sorry ahead of time to get off a trivial question, but how do you manage to get images from sites which don't have jpg or some such in their address line if they have anything in their address lines at all?
DrewDad

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 10:49 am
@revelette2,
In Firefox: Right-click an image and select "copy image location." You can then paste the URL into a text box.

Chrome is similar: Right-click and select "Copy image address."