Advice on this written paragraph for English class?

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2015 07:20 pm
Hi! We are supposed to write a paragraph on the symbolism we see in a photo she gave us of a sunset (the photo should be described well in the paragraph if I've done my job right). Here's what I got:

In this photograph, you can see a vivid orange sunset reflecting off a rain cloud. This represents optimism. The storm cloud typifies tough times, and the glimmering light reflecting off of it makes it beautiful nevertheless. Another stratocumulus cloud, this time without the sunset beaming off, is depicted swallowing up some of the original cloud. Contrarily, this symbolizes pessimism. In this case where rain clouds exemplify difficult times, a pessimist will tend to wallow and try to make what’s bad even worse, as embodied by the latter storm cloud. In the background, you can see a strip of blue sky, one-third of the way up from the bottom. This location attracts your eye, which shows the importance of it in the composition of the photo. This pastel blue resides primarily under the strip of sunlight-shimmering clouds, not the charcoal clouds. As the clear sky in the distance illustrates a turnaround to a better time, it is apt that this is only under the optimistic part of the sky. Optimism will get you far, to a beautiful day, perhaps, while pessimism only diminishes your chances at a brighter future.

Do any of you have advice? Grammar errors? Too lengthy parts? Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 679 • Replies: 1
No top replies

neologist

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 01:17 am
@Mika Anna,
How does the picture strike you as a whole?
And how do the parts contribute to your impression?
0 Replies