Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 09:51 pm
Notorious ex-GOP leader who spewed hatred online gets his law license suspended in South Carolina

Source: Raw Story

Notorious ex-GOP leader who spewed hatred online gets his law license suspended in South Carolina
Tom Boggioni
31 Aug 2015 at 13:09 ET

http://2d0yaz2jiom3c6vy7e7e5svk.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Kincannon-800x430.jpg

South Carolina attorney who was briefly the executive director of the South Carolina Republican Party has had his license to practice law suspended by the state Supreme Court, WLTX is reporting.

Columbia attorney Todd Kincannon, who saw his Twitter account suspended in 2013 for his threatening and over-the-top tweets, was put on what is known as “incapacity active status” by the state’s highest court, although no reason was given.

Kincannon was recently detained by police after threatening his wife in a Chick-fil-A parking lot, refusing to let her out of the car and saying he would kill himself if she left. After being taken in for observation, Kincannon blamed his outburst on cough medicine saying it made him “erratic,” although his wife said he had a previous history of domestic abuse that she never reported.

The South Carolina Republican only lasted three months as Executive Director of the state party, stepping down after being pressured over his offensive Twitter posts. The now-suspended attorney has called for the internment of transgender men and women, advocated killing an Iraq war veteran turned anti-war activist Michael Prysner, and said of shooting victim Trayvon Martin: “This Super Bowl sucks more dick than adult Trayvon Martin would have for drug money.”

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/notorious-ex-gop-leader-who-spewed-hatred-online-gets-his-law-license-suspended-in-south-carolina/
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 10:36 pm
@parados,
I can testify too that. I was born middle class poor and am going to die middle class poor having worked 70 years of my life. Ill die middle class because I have never wanted to screw my neighbors out of the money they needed to live on like the many billionares.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 06:22 am
Probe: Michigan lawmakers engaged in dishonest cover-up

By DAVID EGGERT
Aug. 31, 2015 9:44 PM EDT

http://binaryapi.ap.org/d7ff77a908174ff4b45f47af5b0eee00/460x.jpg

FILE- In this Jan. 14, 2015 file photo, Rep. Cindy Gamrat, R-Plainwell, and Rep Todd Courser,... Read more

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Two Michigan lawmakers who had an extramarital affair engaged in numerous instances of deceptive and "outright dishonest" misconduct in an attempted cover-up, in which public resources were misused and constituents were treated with a lack of respect, an investigator alleged Monday.

The report by the House Business Office said Republican Reps. Todd Courser of Lapeer and Cindy Gamrat of Plainwell were "not credible witnesses" in interviews and found that wrongdoing extended beyond their relationship to improperly using state resources for political purposes.

"While the affair itself may have been a personal matter, the decisions of both members to subsequently deceive their constituencies in an effort to 'inoculate the herd' and remain in their positions of power may have caused irreparable harm to their ability to serve their electorates," wrote Tim Bowlin, the House's chief financial officer and business director. "Effective representation requires trust, and trust requires truth."

GOP House Speaker Kevin Cotter, who requested the report, said hearings will begin Tuesday by a special committee to investigate the legislators' fitness for office. That could result in discipline, including the expulsion of two of the Legislature's most outspoken social conservatives.

The first-term lawmakers, both of whom apologized, have declined to resign. Either could be expelled with a two-thirds vote of the 109-member House.

Courser, 43, admitted to orchestrating a fictional, sexually explicit email sent to GOP activists and reporters in May that said he was caught with a male prostitute behind a nightclub — to make the affair less believable if it was exposed. He said he concocted the scheme after a "blackmailer" sent anonymous text messages demanding that he resign or the relationship with Gamrat would be revealed.

Bowlin said it does not appear the texts were sent by a House employee and they have "no bearing" on the legislators' misconduct.

Gamrat, 42, has denied awareness of the email before it was sent. But Bowlin said recordings secretly made by an aide to Courser and Gamrat and staff testimony show she did know.

Courser, in a 4,100-word statement Monday night, suggested the probe was a "political hit" and retribution for his conservative stances. He said he was not allowed to see the evidence, which was not included in the public report, and called the summary "sanitized" and "doctored." He also said potential campaign-finance violations are typically referred to the secretary of state's office for an initial warning and possible fine, not expulsion proceedings.

"Is this an investigation? Or is it only offering evidence that fits a desired outcome? ... Quite honestly I am not surprised; I am pretty sure that there were nearly enough votes to expel me the day after I was sworn in," he said.

A message seeking comment was left with Gamrat.

The investigation found that Courser and Gamrat — in combining office staff and operations despite being from opposite sides of the state — "improperly and inextricably entwined political, personal, business, and official state matters." They had an office policy of entering constituent contact information into a private political database for Courser's potential congressional bid and Gamrat's failed campaign for Republican National Committeewoman, according to the report.

Courser said the NationBuilder database was used to administer the intake of constituent issues and was "completely separate" from his political database.

The investigation also alleged that staff members were told to prioritize tasks such as buying database information and were instructed to help develop or place Internet ads for Courser's law firm — allegations Courser also denied.

"Out of respect for the office, Representatives Courser and Gamrat should resign immediately," Cotter said in a statement. "But because these two will not do the right thing for their constituents, for their families, and for the House, we will now move forward with a select committee to examine their qualifications."

An aide to Courser and Gamrat had refused to send the phony email, according to recordings and messages he gave The Detroit News.

Two staffers also had contacted Cotter's then-chief of staff to discuss problems in the combined office. "There was reason in hindsight for the House to further inquire into the validity or depth of their claims," the report said.

Michigan Democratic Party Chairman Brandon Dillon said the summary report was "sanitized" to shield Cotter and questioned why the staffers were allowed to be dismissed by Courser and Gamrat after they had notified the speaker's office of problems. He renewed his call for an independent probe.

Even before the controversy became public, Courser and Gamrat clashed with House leadership. Gamrat was kicked out of the House GOP's closed-door caucus meetings in April after being accused of divulging confidential information. Courser stopped attending the meetings soon after.

___

House Business Office report: http://1.usa.gov/1JsFGeO
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 07:17 am

Project Veritas allegedly fired a top staffer for refusing to cooperate with the plan

"I wish I could kill some of these cops": James O'Keefe allegedly fired an employee for refusing to incite anti-police violence
James O'Keefe (Credit: AP/Patrick Semansky)

A former top staffer at Project Veritas, a conservative-leaning “investigative journalism” organization run by notoriously slimy James O’Keefe, has recently admitted that he was pressured to oversee an operative, charged with embedding with anti-police protest groups and influencing demonstrators to say violent statements on camera, according to the New York Post.

The operative was supposed to say this clunky entrée into the activist equivalent of phone sex: “Sometimes, I wish I could just kill some of these cops. Don’t you just wish we could have one of the cops right here in the middle of our group?”

The staffer, Richard Valdes, said that O’Keefe fired him after the operative refused to complete the assignment and Valdes refused to punish him for it. Valdes said that O’Keefe was “unhappy with me for being unwilling to strong-arm the guy to do his dirty work.”

The operative reportedly emailed Valdes and O’Keefe: “I will not say words that will jeopardize my entity, especially when they involve an illegal act of ‘murdering police.'”
advertisement

On Valdes’ LinkedIn profile, he describes his duties: “I oversee certain special projects ranging from supervising field operations and recruiting staff, to contributing to media releases, research, and producing original video content.”

It is important to maintain a healthy degree of skepticism about these reports as the New York Post is the snot rag of the media landscape, and these claims have not been confirmed by another outlet as of the writing of this article. Additionally, the script that the operative was instructed to read feels like it was written by an alien attempting to blend in with Earth teens.

In a statement, Project Veritas spokesperson Dan Pollack said: “Project Veritas would never do anything that we believe would incite violence against police officers. Anyone suggesting otherwise is clearly unfamiliar with our body of work.”
Joanna Rothkopf
Joanna Rothkopf is an assistant editor at Salon, focusing on science, health and society. Follow @JoannaRothkopf or email [email protected].
Follow
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:25 pm
http://cs624622.vk.me/v624622803/26441/hPEIERrkLSQ.jpg

Dear Ann Coulter,

Come on Ms. Coulter, you aren’t dumb and you aren’t shallow. So why are you continually using a word like the R-word as an insult? I’m a 30 year old man with Down syndrome who has struggled with the public’s perception that an intellectual disability means that I am dumb and shallow. I am not either of those things, but I do process information more slowly than the rest of you. In fact it has taken me all day to figure out how to respond to your use of the R-word last night. I thought first of asking whether you meant to describe the President as someone who was bullied as a child by people like you, but rose above it to find a way to succeed in life as many of my fellow Special Olympians have. Then I wondered if you meant to describe him as someone who has to struggle to be thoughtful about everything he says, as everyone else races from one snarkey sound bite to the next. Finally, I wondered if you meant to degrade him as someone who is likely to receive bad health care, live in low grade housing with very little income and still manages to see life as a wonderful gift. Because, Ms. Coulter, that is who we are – and much, much more. After I saw your tweet, I realized you just wanted to belittle the President by linking him to people like me. You assumed that people would understand and accept that being linked to someone like me is an insult and you assumed you could get away with it and still appear on TV. I have to wonder if you considered other hateful words but recoiled from the backlash. Well, Ms. Coulter, you, and society, need to learn that being compared to people like me should be considered a badge of honor. No one overcomes more than we do and still loves life so much. Come join us someday at Special Olympics. See if you can walk away with your heart unchanged.

A friend you haven’t made yet,
John Franklin Stephens
Global Messenger Special Olympics Virginia

https://specialolympicsblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/an-open-letter-to-ann-coulter/
https://www.facebook.com/Heywie/posts/10103666933073581
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:37 pm
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2015/150901-good-news-for-congressional-republicans.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:44 pm
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2015/150901-good-news-for-congressional-republicans.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 06:38 pm
Just in case you missed it!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 06:39 pm
AZ GOP Congressman Terrifies 2nd Graders With Lesson About Iranian Suicide Bombers

Rep. Matt Salmon gave a lesson to second and third graders this week that they won’t soon forget, much though they might want to.

The congressman spoke to a young group of charter school children last week in what was reportedly supposed to be a lesson in civics and how bills become laws. But instead of trying to emulate School House Rock, Salmon may have scarred them for life by talking instead about the Iran nuclear deal and suicide bombers.

Parent Scott Campbell told KPHO that his daughter came home from school distraught that day, saying that Salmon took a dark turn when talking about presidential vetoes.

“The congressman chose to give an example of the current situation in Iran, and made some inappropriate comments about ‘Do you know what a nuclear weapon is? Do you know that there are schools that train children your age to be suicide bombers?'” Campbell said.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/az-congressman-terrifies-second-graders-with-lesson-about-iranian-suicide-bombers/
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 10:46 pm
I care only about my brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUkk1cbaozo
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 06:22 am
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Cutting Losses, Kochs to Sell Scott Walker

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/cutting-losses-kochs-to-sell-scott-walker?intcid=mod-latest
<snip>
WICHITA (The Borowitz Report)—Saying that “things just didn’t work out,” the billionaire Koch brothers have decided to put Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker up for sale.

The Kochs, who earlier had purchased Gov. Walker with great fanfare, announced their plan to sell the politician in a terse statement from Koch Industries headquarters in Wichita.

“Scott Walker is a fine individual, and we wish him well,” the Kochs’ statement read. “We are confident that he will be a good fit for some other billionaire industrialists.”

Republican insiders, however, called the Kochs’ plan to sell Walker highly optimistic, and noted that the market for the Wisconsin Governor was, at this point, virtually nonexistent.

The Kochs, who reportedly had been frustrated by Walker’s poor performance in the polls, finally decided to sell the Wisconsinite after last weekend’s odd pronouncement, in which he seemed to support a border wall with Canada.

According to a Koch associate, “Ignorance has always been a part of Scott’s appeal, but that Canada thing was just too much.”
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 10:48 am
@bobsal u1553115,
So telling the children the truth about terrorism and it's sponsors bothers you? You have no problem telling children that cops shouldn't be trusted but you can't admit the truth about Islamic terrorism to them? Spoken like a true liberal Bob.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 02:50 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN3iDvaUEAANB0f.jpg
Baldimo

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 08:12 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I wonder how many people she has killed for not following her religion? If she hasn't killed anyone for not following her religion then they are nothing alike.
snood

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 08:12 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Well...there was the little thing about him having a fortune to spend and a murderous group of thugs committing atrocities at his command. Other than that yeah, identical.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 08:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Thank you, bobsal.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 09:16 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Thank you, bobsal.

You agree with that?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2015 10:15 pm
@McGentrix,
Yes I do, re her and her job.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 07:35 am
@snood,
Its the mindset, Osama may have led his thugs and she might just one of someoneselse's thugs, but they are both of a thugs of single mindedness. She's just a bit more polite.

The bureaucracy was as deadly as the SS and Gestapo in Germany. Eichmann was as deadly as Barbie.

Who's the murderer in the Klan: the guy who names the victim and recruits the lynch mob, the guy who supplies the rope, or the guys that hoist the victim into the tree? They are all culpable. They are all murderers.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2015 07:43 am
@Baldimo,
If a load of Moslem troops suddenly squatted in her neighbourhood she probably would. Those sort of "Christians" think the Bible is just a list of people to hate.
0 Replies