LOVE TIPS TO CONQUER MY WIFE

larryglz

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 04:51 pm
@psychictiff,
YES! That's exactly what I need to do, court her! My wife and I sometimes act like an old couple. Not that I'm putting old couples down, but I think that I do treat her like one. Maybe I do need to write her hand written notes, I know that she would really enjoy them.

What do you think of me writing one to her from work and mail it to her to our home?
Wilso

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 05:22 pm
The tip of your tongue!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 05:52 pm
@larryglz,
three kids and number four is on the way

sounds like your wife needs some old-fashioned pampering - and time away from those kids!

can you arrange to have someone take her to a spa for a day while you take care of the kids (and make sure you have a nice meal waiting for her when she gets home)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 05:53 pm
@larryglz,
larryglz wrote:
Most of the time she just wants to talk to me and I shut her off

you've been married eight years and have three kids

your wife needs an opportunity to have grown-up talk time with you

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 05:55 pm
@larryglz,
larryglz wrote:

Also, I feel bad because she found some pictures on my phone of women off the internet.

hopefully you've loaded on lots of pix of your family and some really pretty pix of your wife

tell her you want more pix of her - ask her to dress up and then take pix of her
larryglz

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 07:09 pm
@ehBeth,
That's a good idea, to me, my wife is the most precious, adorable, gorgeous person I've known. I'm sure she will be delighted when I tell her I want to take pictures of her.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 09:29 pm
@larryglz,
If you are really interested in keeping this marriage together, keep a sharp ear for things she may mention she interested. Resist the urge to provide the 'ultimate solution'. Sometime women just need to vent, and they will realize what needs to be done once they hear themselves voice it out loud.

It's great you are sharing some work related issues, but please make sure you stay apprised of her working issues. Marriage can be a marvelous partnership, or an antiquated view that women are less intelligence than men, and when they begin to speak, male eardrums suddenly slam shut. We just celebrated our
37th Anniversary, I couldn't ask for a better or more supportive husband.

But every once in a while when the kids are over, I can start a conversation (something males cannot fathom if TV is on ) and it's over. It also happens when I'm in mid speech, husband does have bad hearing in left ear, but I get cut off in mid sentence. I love all my children and my husband, but when I cannot get a word in edgewise, I retreat to the living room and get on the computer until someone notices I'm missing.

That sounds childish but if I can't join in, I'll either go read or play with the computer. I don't get involved in sports arguments and I'd never in a million years try to explain the nuances of mascara, to men. I like serious discussion, so does my family. But we can also veer into the silly or outrageous. Women need to remember that males are not just hairy girls, and men must remember that women can offer clear expressions, without mentioning stuffed toy rabbits.
larryglz

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2015 10:29 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. My wife is a talker, but because I preferred to read or do something else we would hardly talk like a couple should talk, we didn't have a lot of communication. I would start doing my own thing as soon as I would come home from work and neglect her. Now we do talk more. I get her more involved in things that matter to me and her. I also stay apprised of her work. We both value each other's opinion. When we argue we don't hold grudges against each other, and we make up fast. We don't like our children to see us argue. I have nothing but good things to say about my wife and of course she has her faults just like everybody else, but I focus on her good qualities.

Congratulations on your 37th Anniversary! My wife and I will be going on our 9th Anniversary in a few months and I can't wait to celebrate it.

Thank you for sharing your personal stories about your marriage, that means a lot.

I'm writing down every love advice I'm getting on this forum.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 07:30 am
Make her feel jealous. Works almost every time if done with a light touch. Chat with that 20-something barrista 2mn more than necessary, etc. if she gets angry about it, it means you're scoring. This used to be a woman trick but now we're all equal... ;-)
0 Replies

Aldistar
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 03:41 pm
It's almost Valentines Day, if you celebrate it then I recommend going out someplace special to the two of you. Maybe back to your first date place or something like that? Delete those photos since they are a known sore spot and surprise your wife with her very own photo shoot. Make an interesting back drop somewhere and go all paparazzi style on her and keep them on your phone. If you have the means, maybe hire a professional or book a 'lovers' photo style shoot. They can be a lot of fun and most women love the fact that their husband has a boudoir photo of them.
larryglz

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2015 10:19 am
@Aldistar,
I really like your answer Aldistar. My wife and I have had our share of UGLY arguments. I used to think she was my enemy when in reality she is my only true friend, lover, wife.

Yes you are very right, that's what I need to do. I still hate the fact that I used to have pictures of other women (from internet) on my phone not knowing I would hurt the person I love deeply. One time I almost lost her, she was in car accident and that morning we had a big argument. Later on that afternoon I got a call from my mother in law. She was fighting for her life, it was then when I realized how much I loved her and how much I had hurt her with my nasty words. Our arguments were so irrelevant. They were "little" things that we both used to make a "big" deal out of it. Long story short, she recuperated and I was so immensely grateful for having her by my side once again. I was taking her for granted all this time. When I was at home with our children I realized how much I missed her and how I would never give her any of my time. Always on my mac doing work, reading, just avoiding to talk to her. Boy was I in for a big surprise when she was fighting for her life. Thank God she is healthy now. You never know what you have until it's gone. Life is too short to be "feeling" hatred, anger, bitterness, against your spouse. Just take a look around you when you are stuck in a hard situation and guess who is going to be there for you? YES, your spouse. I appreciate her so much and she appreciates me as well. Learned how to say sorry first, she taught me that.

So, yes, about taking pictures of her, it's a MUST! I know she will love that. Thanks for your response! Oh and thanks for reading this.
0 Replies