FOOD NAZI'S SUFFER STUNNING DEFEAT!

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 10:56 am
@ehBeth,
I've got better things to do.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 11:03 am
@izzythepush,
You were the one who said you wanted to read a mmmm less positive article on the farm.

Find one with different facts/conclusions. Post it. Talk about it.

Facts help your position more than muttering does.

(applies to me too - I know I mutter sometimes)
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 12:05 pm
I could write an article about how it's done in rural France, but I'll bet there are many others out there.

I wasn't aware that they had made a production line of it in the USA until I read Osso's link, and up until then honestly (and naively) thought that it was just the French that enjoyed a bit of gavage.

About a mile from where our farmhouse is in South Burgundy, there is a farmer who diversed from beef about twenty years ago, and along with one or two other farms there, they formed a local co-op supplying foie gras (and related by product) to farmer's markets around the area. Not a massive operation, but big enough.

My brother is an electrician, and when we were all down there renovating our newly purchased wreck of a farmhouse, we were invited to the local Commune bash and gladly went along to get ourselves known and shake hands with our neighbours.

Big beef barbecue, loads of wine, all day petanc competition....it was a great day.

It was of great interest to them that my brother was a sparks, and one farmer approached him, asking him to go along and price up a job for wiring up a big electronic gate, as he'd had some equipment taken and wanted to secure the place.

I went along for the ride, and we got a guided tour from his wife while he was busy at work.
It was there that we saw what he was doing, and it shocked me to the core.
I actually had dreams about it several times, and even now I can't watch one of those youtube clips.

My brother went back a few days later and wired up the gate, but didn't go inside. I don't even think he charged the guy for the job, as he just did it to be neighbourly and not cause ripples in the community.

We never made a fuss about it, because basically when one is in Rome, etc.

But I drew the line at eating the stuff, and will never change my mind on that.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 12:09 pm
@ehBeth,
I said I found the article a bit supine, and it was. I really don't think any article is going to make me want to write to my MP demanding they repeal the ban on production. It's banned, and from what I've seen, I think it's probably right it's banned, I'll leave it at that. My inertia is not causing the unnecessary suffering of farmyard animals. If it was I'd probably give the matter more attention.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 12:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hey frankie
Just sent you a message. We're in NY and available Wed, Thur, Fri evening by 7. Ought to be delightful. Any other agreeable regulars who happen to be about at the same time in NY ought to contact you or I.
djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 12:53 pm
@izzythepush,
two words

U KIP Razz
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 12:54 pm
@blatham,
Any of those nights would be okay with me. I'll check with Jonathan to see what his busy schedule looks like.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 01:44 pm
@djjd62,
They've not had anything to do with our legislation. Touch wood. Even though UKIP are a bunch of nutters they're nothing like as extreme as the Republicans.
0 Replies