THE IMPOSSIBLE CLAIM?

mark noble

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 02:34 pm
@Linkat,
NO! Wrong point. Grr.
You CAN'T prevent death (On a conscious level), knowingly, because you don't know if, by the abscence/addittion of your action/s, death would have ensued.
Not reaching out for a body falling into a vat of nitric acid is a scenario with a high-probability potential fatality - But, many events "beyond your action (Armgrab)" may prevent like, also.

Hence - Impossible claim.

I meant 'turtles', 'big, ocean-(free, not a caged, optical-pleasure Slave) - dwellers.
Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 03:54 pm
@mark noble,
What are you so angry about - it is an oxymoron. Fact. Do you know what an oxymoron is?
mark noble

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 04:17 pm
@Linkat,
Never always.
I'm not angry. What makes you think that?
My point wasn't to create an oxymoron (Which has now become the plot-focus), but to reveal the paradox.
'grr' is my 'huh?'
'GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'
Is angry.
I don't do angry. Except above - As a description.

Why would you call a turtle by a human name? It's a turtle!

I have a good name for a turtle - "Put me back in the sea, stupid frikkin ape".

Smile
Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 05:17 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Never always.
I'm not angry. What makes you think that?
My point wasn't to create an oxymoron (Which has now become the plot-focus), but to reveal the paradox.
'grr' is my 'huh?'
'GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'
Is angry.
I don't do angry. Except above - As a description.

Why would you call a turtle by a human name? It's a turtle!

I have a good name for a turtle - "Put me back in the sea, stupid frikkin ape".

Smile

The Grr and the caps in one of the words led me to think angry - my daughter picked the name. I keep telling her it is time to let George go free his shell is strong enough now and we have a nice pond down the street. I am afraid George will die on my watch.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 10:03 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
We extended George's life. He was a goner - until my daugther discovered him at the bottom of a pool. She dove in and saved him - he now is living in our house enjoying safety from all predators.

Now that his shell is hardened we can set him free - his life would have been over as a pool is not an environment in which a baby snapping turtle would survive.
How big is He ?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 04:12 am
@Linkat,
Mea culpa.
I use caps to highlight or accentuate, not shout. But I see how it can be interpreted - So many 'younger folk' use caps to scream and shout..
I believe an argument 'lost or pointless' when anger/frustration paves the path forward.

I hope George makes it through his illness without too much ado.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2014 04:14 am
@Linkat,
Do snapping turtles inhabit your locality, Link?
0 Replies