Dine and Dash

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 10:15 pm
My wife ate lunch with my daughter at a local restaurant. She did not invite me, her husband, or bring any food home for me. She believed that I would not be home when she arrived, I was. Should she have called?

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2014 10:29 pm
@mccoy3038,
Did she have reason to believe you would not be there? Was it a preplanned date for just mom and daughter? Do you bring food home for them when you are out without them?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 08:48 am
@mccoy3038,
Your wife and daughter had some "girl" time together. Get over that.

She didn't bring home food for you because she didn't think you were home. Get over that.

WHY should she have called you? Can't you fix a lunch for yourself?

I hope you are not pouting about this. You are off- base in your indignation.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 09:25 am
@mccoy3038,
Tell us what you think is at the bottom of this hissy fit.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 09:43 am
@mccoy3038,
First and foremost: I'm going to assume that you are a fully functioning human being. After all, you are married and have a child.

Quote:
She did not invite me, her husband, or bring any food home for me.

Are you incapable of purchasing prepared or unprepared food yourself? Unless you sent this through a time machine, do I need to remind you that this is the 21st century? Or are you bedridden and incapable of obtaining edible sustenance yourself?

Quote:
She believed that I would not be home when she arrived, I was. Should she have called?

She could have called. Did you consider that she needed to have this private time with your daughter (for whatever reason)?
0 Replies