Guns aren't stupid, People with Guns Are.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 08:02 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Andrews did not know the gun became loaded
and jokingly held the weapon up to his head and shot himself, friends said. Andrews died from his injuries.
oralloy wrote:
Is there an emoticon for cringing?

Rule #1: All guns are always loaded, even when you "know" that they aren't.

Is there an emoticon for sighing?
I wish that I had a link to this story from the NY Daily News
from maybe 2O or 25 years ago: a youthful NYPD officer was celebrating
his birthday in the basement of his home, which was full of celebratory police,
one of whom held his cocked revolver to the birthday boy 's head,
while thay posed for a picture. The cocked revolver was touched off,
effecting an (un-licensed) encephalectomy, which in turn effected
a very abrupt mass exodus of stampeding police from that basement.

U might have thawt that thay 'd know better. Yes ?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 08:05 pm
@oralloy,
So you find it causation that crimes increased when long guns were decreased but no causation when crimes decreased when hand guns were decreased? There is no evidence of causation in either case but you are willing to assign causation when it supports you world view and deny it when it doesn't.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 08:29 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
So you find it causation that crimes increased when long guns were decreased but no causation when crimes decreased when hand guns were decreased? There is no evidence of causation in either case but you are willing to assign causation when it supports you world view and deny it when it doesn't.
I deem it to be a MOOT POINT, Mr. Parados
in that the Supreme Law of the Land is on the side of defensive freedom
and a lot of us, LIKE ME, are absolutely UN-WILLING to compromise our Natural rights
and our Constitutional Rights to possess personal weapons for self defense
and we fully understand the Constitution's requirement
of "EQUAL PROTECTION OF THE LAWS".

Government cannot Constitutionally even discriminate
qua a few minutes of seating on a bus,
much less in regard to WHO can legally defend his life, as distinct from
WHO must offer himself up for the slaughter,
in the discretion of human or animal predators.

I expect u to be too ashamed
to address this argument, Mr. Parados,
such that u will pretend that u were distracted and did not see my post.

I really LOVE the Bill of Rights!

Mr. Parados does not.

David
parados

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 11:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I find your argument to be a non sequitur David when it comes to Australian crime.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:34 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
I find your argument to be a non sequitur David when it comes to Australian crime.
What I said stands on its own,
regardless of ANYTHING in Austrailia, or elsewhere.

I thought that u 'd be too ashamed to address my argument
so apparently u assert that u cannot understand it??

I can clarify any part of it.

David
parados

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 02:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You posted a direct reply to my statement about Australia that you quoted in your response. Your reply may stand on it's own but in relationship to what you were responding to it is a non sequitur.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 02:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

parados wrote:
and a lot of us, LIKE ME, are absolutely UN-WILLING to compromise our Natural rights

Mr. Parados does not.

David

The sky is blue and the sun is yellow. I doubt David will respond to my argument.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 07:17 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

parados wrote:

Mr. Parados does not.

David

The sky is blue and the sun is yellow. I doubt David will respond to my argument.
Regardless of your astronomical observations,
I remain steadfast in the assertion of my Natural and Constitutional Rights.

David
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 11:14 pm
A Pointed Reminder: Keep Your Gun Away From Your Penis

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/26/accidental-penis-gun_n_5511748.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Last week, a man in Georgia shot himself in the penis while simply trying to holster his gun. He's not alone.

There have been at least seven reported cases where Americans have shot themselves in the same sensitive area over the last five years, some of which were noted by Death and Taxes in 2013.

Of course, these incidents are outliers in a much broader category of accidental gun violence. While the debate about gun rights often includes a defense of responsible gun ownership, it only takes one momentary mistake to show how dangerous a firearm can be to unintended targets.

In 2010, 606 people were killed due to accidental gun discharges. Thousands more are injured by accidental gunshots each year. Many of those injuries were self-inflicted, and yes, a few shootings came at the cost of the shooters' genitals. As the stories below show, this can happen whether the firearms are being used legally or illegally. In some cases we don't know exactly how much damage was done, but the risk of any damage down there may grab your attention.

June 2014: Attempting to holster in Georgia.

The most recent case took place at a Sunoco gas station parking lot, when an unidentified man tried to holster his .45 caliber pistol, causing it to accidentally discharge into his penis. The man apparently then drove to his friend's house where, after taking off his pants, he discovered that the bullet had exited through his rear end. After seeing this, his friend drove him to the Coliseum Northside hospital, where he was then transferred to the Medical Center of Central Georgia.

September 2012: Cleaning the gun he'd just bought in Florida.

He first lied to police, saying that someone had shot him on the street, but 18-year-old Michael Smeriglio eventually admitted to shooting himself in the penis and left testicle while attempting to clean his gun.

July 2012: Checking the gun in his car in Oklahoma.

On his way to sell a gun in Oklahoma City, 36-year-old Tavares Colbert parked his car to make sure the firearm was working properly when it discharged into his penis. Instead of continuing on to the 7-Eleven convenience store where he planned to meet the buyer, Colbert reported the incident to the nearest hospital, where he was treated and arrested. Colbert had a criminal record and wasn't allowed to be in possession of a firearm -- which was why he was selling it, according to him -- and was therefore brought in by the police.

August 2011: Entering a grocery store in Arizona.

While walking toward a grocery store with his girlfriend, 27-year-old Joshua Seto accidentally fired his fiancee's pink Taurus .380 semiautomatic at his scrotum while trying to push the gun into his waistband. The fiancee, Cara Christopher, called 911 and received instruction on how to slow the blood flow. In what capped a thoroughly terrible week, however, Seto's fiancee apparently helped people burgle his home just six days after the accident. Seto received an order of protection from Christopher and presumably her semiautomatic as well.

May 2010: Shopping at Lowe's in Washington state.

While shopping at a Lowe's Home Improvement store, a 41-year-old man's Glock 30 accidentally discharged from the waistband of his black sweatpants into his testicles. Explaining the incident, the man said, "It was in my waistband, and I felt it starting to slip, reached for it, and I must have positioned my finger so the trigger went off." The man had a concealed-weapons permit for the gun and he wasn't charged with a crime. The Glock manufacturers advertised having a "Safe Action" system that prevents accidental discharges, but this of course does nothing if the trigger is accidentally pulled.

March 2010: An unidentified cause in California.

Not much is known about the circumstances leading up to this case, but an unidentified 17-year-old requested treatment for a testicle wound at Kaiser Permanente Vallejo Medical Center. The teenager walked into the medical center and allegedly admitted he had shot himself in the testicles. At the time of the report, the teen was not cooperative with police and the details remain unknown.

September 2009: Fumbling with a waistband in New York.

While walking home in Brooklyn, 15-year-old Khamir Grant had his gun squeezed in his waistband when it began to fall. As the gun started to make its way down his pants, Grant reached to stop it and ended up pulling the trigger, shooting himself in the penis. After having to tell his mom what happened and making a trip to the hospital, Grant was arrested for reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2014 05:29 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
A Pointed Reminder: Keep Your Gun Away From Your Penis

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/26/accidental-penis-gun_n_5511748.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Last week, a man in Georgia shot himself in the penis while simply trying to holster his gun. He's not alone.

There have been at least seven reported cases where Americans have shot themselves in the same sensitive area over the last five years, some of which were noted by Death and Taxes in 2013.

Of course, these incidents are outliers in a much broader category of accidental gun violence. While the debate about gun rights often includes a defense of responsible gun ownership, it only takes one momentary mistake to show how dangerous a firearm can be to unintended targets.

In 2010, 606 people were killed due to accidental gun discharges. Thousands more are injured by accidental gunshots each year. Many of those injuries were self-inflicted, and yes, a few shootings came at the cost of the shooters' genitals. As the stories below show, this can happen whether the firearms are being used legally or illegally. In some cases we don't know exactly how much damage was done, but the risk of any damage down there may grab your attention.

June 2014: Attempting to holster in Georgia.

The most recent case took place at a Sunoco gas station parking lot, when an unidentified man tried to holster his .45 caliber pistol, causing it to accidentally discharge into his penis. The man apparently then drove to his friend's house where, after taking off his pants, he discovered that the bullet had exited through his rear end. After seeing this, his friend drove him to the Coliseum Northside hospital, where he was then transferred to the Medical Center of Central Georgia.

September 2012: Cleaning the gun he'd just bought in Florida.

He first lied to police, saying that someone had shot him on the street, but 18-year-old Michael Smeriglio eventually admitted to shooting himself in the penis and left testicle while attempting to clean his gun.

July 2012: Checking the gun in his car in Oklahoma.

On his way to sell a gun in Oklahoma City, 36-year-old Tavares Colbert parked his car to make sure the firearm was working properly when it discharged into his penis. Instead of continuing on to the 7-Eleven convenience store where he planned to meet the buyer, Colbert reported the incident to the nearest hospital, where he was treated and arrested. Colbert had a criminal record and wasn't allowed to be in possession of a firearm -- which was why he was selling it, according to him -- and was therefore brought in by the police.

August 2011: Entering a grocery store in Arizona.

While walking toward a grocery store with his girlfriend, 27-year-old Joshua Seto accidentally fired his fiancee's pink Taurus .380 semiautomatic at his scrotum while trying to push the gun into his waistband. The fiancee, Cara Christopher, called 911 and received instruction on how to slow the blood flow. In what capped a thoroughly terrible week, however, Seto's fiancee apparently helped people burgle his home just six days after the accident. Seto received an order of protection from Christopher and presumably her semiautomatic as well.

May 2010: Shopping at Lowe's in Washington state.

While shopping at a Lowe's Home Improvement store, a 41-year-old man's Glock 30 accidentally discharged from the waistband of his black sweatpants into his testicles. Explaining the incident, the man said, "It was in my waistband, and I felt it starting to slip, reached for it, and I must have positioned my finger so the trigger went off." The man had a concealed-weapons permit for the gun and he wasn't charged with a crime. The Glock manufacturers advertised having a "Safe Action" system that prevents accidental discharges, but this of course does nothing if the trigger is accidentally pulled.

March 2010: An unidentified cause in California.

Not much is known about the circumstances leading up to this case, but an unidentified 17-year-old requested treatment for a testicle wound at Kaiser Permanente Vallejo Medical Center. The teenager walked into the medical center and allegedly admitted he had shot himself in the testicles. At the time of the report, the teen was not cooperative with police and the details remain unknown.

September 2009: Fumbling with a waistband in New York.

While walking home in Brooklyn, 15-year-old Khamir Grant had his gun squeezed in his waistband when it began to fall. As the gun started to make its way down his pants, Grant reached to stop it and ended up pulling the trigger, shooting himself in the penis. After having to tell his mom what happened and making a trip to the hospital, Grant was arrested for reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon.
How many guys have been injured
by getting too close to cars ?????

I suspect that most or all of these injuries
resulted from carrying Mexican,
and from use of automatics.

U r very un-likely
to have an accidental discharge from a revolver.
Its IMPOSSIBLE to have a discharge while cleaning
a double action revolver. U need to swing the cylinder out
and remove the cartridges, or the shells, from its chambers
to brush them clean, removing powder fouling.
parados

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

I can't seem to find any story of a guy shooting his penis with a car. Perhaps you could point me to one.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 10:07 am
@parados,
Quote:
parados wrote:
I can't seem to find any story of a guy shooting his penis with a car.
Perhaps you could point me to one.
I 'm not going to take the trouble to Google it,
but over the years, decades & centuries, I 've encountered
some incidents of automotive collisions while young ladies
were negligently administering blow jobs.
parados

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 10:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I don't think a blow job is a result of getting too close to cars. But then my experience may be quite different from yours.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 10:41 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
I don't think a blow job is a result of getting too close to cars.
But then my experience may be quite different from yours.
Well, if u re-read my post,
THEN u will probably catch on and get the idea.

Most people wud get it on the first try.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 05:42 am
Quote:
The girl’s dog wouldn’t quit barking Monday night, so she let him outside. Chad Eric Pickering, 40, was there waiting, crouched beneath a pine tree, prosecutors say. She glimpsed a shadow before she was shot three times.

Pickering, who lives just northwest of Bemidji, targeted the 17-year-old hours after she confronted him about riding his lawn mower through her yard, according to charges filed Wednesday in Beltrami County District Court. He is accused of shooting the girl, whom he described to investigators as “a bitch,” and faces one count of first-degree attempted murder and 20 years in prison.

On Facebook in July, Pickering shared a message from a group called “Cold Dead Hands” that blasted gun control. Pickering urged voters to “ditch the retards that are taking this country down the drain.”

http://www.startribune.com/local/268548492.html?page=all&prepage=2&c=y#continue
oralloy

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 10:33 am
@parados,
Quote:
The girl’s dog wouldn’t quit barking Monday night, so she let him outside. Chad Eric Pickering, 40, was there waiting, crouched beneath a pine tree, prosecutors say. She glimpsed a shadow before she was shot three times.

Pickering, who lives just northwest of Bemidji, targeted the 17-year-old hours after she confronted him about riding his lawn mower through her yard, according to charges filed Wednesday in Beltrami County District Court. He is accused of shooting the girl, whom he described to investigators as “a bitch,” and faces one count of first-degree attempted murder and 20 years in prison.

Shocked

I'm glad she survived.

I once knew a guy who murdered some people, though I didn't really know him by the time of the murders.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:16 pm
Quote:
A Texas firearms instructor with the Hewitt Police Department will never hear the end of this one.

Heath Vanek decided it would be a great idea to teach his children how to clean a 9mm handgun. There was just one problem. You kinda have to take all the bullets out before you do it.

During his helpful instruction, Vanek “made the classic mistake” of Second Amendmenting himself in his own left hand. Now the kids know what NOT to do while handling guns.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08/03/texas-firearms-instructor-tries-to-teach-his-kids-about-gun-safety-fails-when-he-shoots-his-own-hand/
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:17 pm
Quote:
CHUBBUCK, Idaho (KBOI) -- A 5-year-old girl has been killed after she was accidentally shot by another child, police say.

The girl was shot at a home on 693 Canal Street Wednesday. She was not breathing when rescue crews arrived at the house.

EMT's took the girl in their arms to the ambulance and rushed her to Portneuf Medical Center where she later died.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/Idaho-Chubbuck-Shooting-269377921.html
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:19 pm
Quote:

A pregnant woman died Sunday in Florida after she was accidentally shot in the head at a friend's house, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Katherine Hoover, from New Port Richey, Fla., was visiting a friend in Brooksville, Fla. on Saturday along with her husband. Hoover was recently married and five months pregnant.

William DeHayes was showing Hoover his gun collection. While he was showing her his .22 caliber revolver, it accidentally fired and shot Hoover in the head, according to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/pregnant-woman-dies-accidental-shooting
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2014 06:20 pm
Quote:
UFC welterweight Joe Riggs (40-14 MMA, 4-4 UFC) was involved in a gun accident with non-life threatening injuries and has been forced to withdraw from a bout with Paulo Thiago (15-7 MMA, 5-7 UFC) at UFC Fight 51, two sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed to MMAjunkie on Tuesday.

The sources spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the incident. However, UFC officials subsequently released a statement saying Riggs was cleaning a pistol in his Arizona home when it discharged and wounded him in the hand and leg.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/joe-riggs-out-of-ufc-fight-night-51-after-injury-from-accidental-shooting
0 Replies