Oily crosses on doors and walls...

Emmalah

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 09:19 pm
About a week ago, I was standing in my kitchen in the morning so the light shines into the house at an angle and some sunlight lit up a drip on the wall next to the kitchen. I went over to it to see if it was water leaking in through from the roof or anything and i followed the drip up the wall with my eyes and about a head higher than mine was a Christian cross shape daubed onto the wall and the drip had run down from this. I touched the drip and it's some kind of oil, very light, with no scent. It seemed quite strange as I hadn't put it there, neither had my partner or anyone who'd been at ours in the last few weeks. Then, day before yesterday, I was in the hallway outside our bathroom brushing my teeth (again, in the morning before going to work) and I turned to walk back into the bathroom when I froze... There, up on the door, was another cross. It then occurred to me that the bathroom is a rather random room for there to be one and it was then I realized before I even had to check, that if it's on our bathroom door, then it's on all the doors. And sure enough with a slightly sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach I checked the other doors: the toilet, our bedroom, our 2 spare rooms, the front and back wooden doors ALL have an oily cross fingerpainted onto them.

I'll just add some further background info as well, the house has been my mums for 19 years and over that time the walls and doors have been repainted twice years apart. She also was a clean freak and would regularly clean around doors and get any dirty marks off the walls so if they'd been there then, they would've been well cleaned off! I've been in the house with my partner just the two of us for 2 and a half years now and because they stand out so much in morning sun, I highly doubt they were there very long before we saw them. Everyone (about 5 people) who's been at ours in the last month we've asked and they all seem confused and some a little afraid of this, so we don't think anyone lying and besides, it's a really random thing to do as some kind of prank.

Has anyone ever had/heard of this happening before and how did the crosses get there? Is it something to be worried about? should we clean them off? And I guess most importantly: What does this mean?

Thanks Smile

mident

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 01:54 am
@Emmalah,
I just came upon your posting, I was looking up the meaning of a cross appearing on the wall. I am in a motel room with my husband and have been here for 6 days, my husband has been here for a week longer. Today after he left I noticed something almost dripping down the wall. It was a cross! I touched it and it was an odorless oily substance. When my husband got back I showed him... he didn't really see it until I took a picture of it with my digital camera... the he could see it on the wall and on the camera. Tonight when we returned back to the room, I noticed there is a second cross, smaller than the first to the left of the first one.

I have been praying very hard and long as of late, I am taking this to be a good sign of things to come!

Has anyone responded to your post yet?

Thanks Smile
jespah

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 04:38 am
@mident,
Or, it could be a sign of leaks in your walls that are showing the framing. I am thinking your drywall is cracked and leaking.
roger

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:06 pm
@jespah,
Likely. I can see condensation on the walls in cold weather. What insulation there was has settled, and the walls in front of the studs are slightly warmer than the rest.
0 Replies

brianw

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 03:19 am
last night my wife and i got back from a weekend away, we noticed a drip on the inside of our door, followed it up and saw a cross the same as what a priest would bless you on your forehead, its certain it was done with fingers, it was still wet and was an oily type liquid, we both a bit freaked out because no one has been there but us, and we havent had visitors in a while,
Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 03:48 am
@brianw,
So the implication is that there is a god (or some other supernatural being) who instead of using his or her power to end war or the suffering of innocent children or something significant like that would rather use this power to draw oily crosses on random walls? Please explain further how you think that might work and why.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 05:47 am
Last night I got back from a long weekend away, only to find that all of my walls were in exactly the same condition as they were when I left.

However, upon opening a kitchen cupboard, I found a note drawn in a ghostly hand, using ketchup, on the inside of the cupboard door.
It read " you need to buy some oil".
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 07:03 am
Or maybe you are all attention whores and this is a load of BS.
0 Replies

Kvillenu

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:57 am
@mident,
I glad I'm not the only one this is happening to I thought I was going crazy or my boys play on a trick on me
We just moved in the house the 1st one I noticed on the back of my front door, on the opposite wall almost like finger prints in this slightly yellow oily stuff I searched my house to see what they could of used and nothing it has a very faint sent and dried on my fingers but the door and wall still wet, fitting my search 2 more doors were marked my sons room and the back door the arch way into the kitchen didn't have anything on it when I looked the 1st time but when I returned there was some driped from the top on te 1 side where no one can reach I am writing this for answers and fear for my family not attention if anyone knows anything please let me know what it is if I should be afraid and get a priest or not
Thank you
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 09:09 am
My Ouija Board tells me somebody painted over that and it has started bleeding through the paint.
roger

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 05:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Get that Ouija board checked out by an exorcist.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 06:46 pm
The Ouija don't never lie.
roger

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 06:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Unless possessed.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 07:44 pm
@roger,
I possess it. I bought it fair and square.
0 Replies

Mslexus11

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:48 pm
To Everyone you're not alone! Hi my name is Barbara, it happen to my family 3 weeks ago. But its strange we awaken to the oily crosses on the 2 bedroom doors and just one of the bathroom in the hallway. My mother in law room door was mark both sides and mine. My bathroom the inner no other part of our apt. had it.

I called my Grandfather who is a Pastor of his church. He said its a sign to get ready for the Lord.

I must tell you I was born with a vail. I told my family someone died here and was killed in these apts. by gunshots, a young man he smokes a lot used to live here, and a big man died also. And they did drugs it was a shooting. The other tenants said a man died in hers apt. He didn't say how the owner told her and she has a huge dark stain on her bedroom wooden floor. The owner just brought these apts. He said the guy in our apt sold drugs here. They all did in Here.
My husband know my bless gift. But he laugh when they confirm what I already had said.
We hear people walking at night in our kitchen and living room, knocks on our screen door no one is there. Someone knocks at my mother in law door at 2am, she smells smoke in her room , she's a non smoker. Also someone keeps opening her door , she put a baseboard cleaner against it , it fell around 3am now thats weird right.

And normally all doorways are bless , Windows, and closets not some. Its time to move out NOW.
TO LONG TO TELL YOU ALL ACTIVITY OVER HERE. BE SAFE

0 Replies

Emilyrhea123

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 11:06 pm
@Emmalah,
I'm really creeped out because about a week ish ago I saw 3 of those crosses on my wall (is it a coincidence that they were all around my European map that was taped on my wall) (I've taken it down) a couple days later give or take I saw a few more on my blinds, yesterday, I told my parents about them (I'm 15) and they said it was nothing. Every time I found new ones I checked my room for more and there were never any so me finding another today means it was drawn sometime last night or today because it was last night that my parents wiped the ones off of my blinds. I am really creeped out, should I call a priest or a paranormal person???? Help
0 Replies

Emilyrhea123

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 11:08 pm
@Emmalah,
Also, the first 3 were on the wall opposite my bed...my blinds are next to my bed...and the one that I just found is RIGHT next to my bed...they're getting closer to me...
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 11:43 pm
So, was there garlic in the olive oil?
0 Replies

Emilyrhea123

Reply Mon 29 May, 2017 12:32 am
@Emmalah,
Closely checked my room and there are quite a few all over. There or some on the outside of my door, inside of my door, on the walls in general, INSIDE my closet on the right side (the other side has my dress for my 16th) and there was one right next to where my head would be when I'm sleeping. There are others around my room as I said and I looked around my house breifly and there are no others around my house. Could it be a guardian angel that has been assigned to me? I have had some personal issues lately...
jespah

Reply Mon 29 May, 2017 04:17 am
@Emilyrhea123,
I'll repeat what I said, egad, four years ago - your home is framed by perpendicular wood nailed together. When the drywall gets cracked and starts to leak, and/or there is a leak in the siding, the wood shows up as wet behind the drywall. Because the wood has been nailed perpendicularly, it is in the shape of crosses. But that is all it is.

Please tell your parents they might have leaks in their siding and/or drywall, which can be caused by anything from an older house settling to termites.
0 Replies