Signs from loved ones?

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2023 12:13 pm
My beloved brother passed away on September 25, 2022. In April, 2023, I was walking around the perimeter of our house for exercise. When I passed the window of his room, I knocked 3 times on his window in memory of happier days. I heard 3 faint but distinct taps in reply. Some people think I was having an auditory hallucination. Some people think it was my brother. Could they have been simple echoes? What is your opinion? THANK YOU.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 282 • Replies: 3
No top replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2023 04:00 pm
The mind has many ways of dealing with bereavement and one of these is hallucinations. Don't come to any conclusions about these experiences, just experience the grief. Eventually it will dissipate little by little, perhaps never actually leaving totally, nor should it. But, eventually the positive memory of love from the personal experience you had will dominate over the bereavement of the loss. It may take a long time, so hang in there, and if you hallucinate, accept it because it's normal to do that.
coluber2001

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2023 04:31 pm
Don't listen to people who tell you it's your brother in another place trying to contact you. That's irrelevant. Thinking that is just another way of denying your grief. And it doesn't work; it just just displaces it temporarily. It's just them denying their own loss .

And I'm deeply sorry for your loss.
0 Replies

Tony12345

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2023 06:21 am
@coluber2001,
Thank you.
0 Replies