Ever seen a ghost?

cjhsa

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 04:30 pm
Just wondering how many A2Kers have had a paranormal experience?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 5,702 • Replies: 44
No top replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 04:48 pm
I don't know about paranormal - but I have had a few 'someone out there loves me' moments.

I had one a few months ago where I narrowly avoided a car accident because I 'previewed' it just seconds before.

Coincidence? Could be - I choose to see it another way.

Sorry for the lame answer but it is all I had.

TF
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:25 pm
I've seen the ghost of a chicken.

Does that count?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:28 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I've seen the ghost of a chicken.

Does that count?

Afraid not Gus. Transparent cocks don't count.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:28 pm
No. And if I did, I wouldn't believe it.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:37 pm
Not really, but I hope to someday!!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 05:42 pm
Quote:

There is an enormous difference between a transparent cock and a diaphanous chicken, doglover.

You, of all people, should know that.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:45 pm
If I saw a transparent person, I would not know how to interpret the phenomenon. But I would certainly not jump to the conclusion that it was a ghost. I would investigate, to arrive at an interpretation that was not inconsistent with my naturalistic worldview. An actual, verified, ghost would force me to reconsider the very foundations of my view of the world. Maybe I should. But a transparent being would only constitute a challenge. It would not tell me that it was necessarily a "ghost." Similarly, a flying object that I cannot identify is not automatically an alien ship from outer space. It's just an object that I cannot at this time identify.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:57 pm
ROFLMAO doglover....... what about jelly ones????

hehehe.

I personally have seen a few ghosts. Some on regular basis.
> No.. im not high! < :-)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:58 pm
I agree with jl. As to premonitions, I believe very much in them. I have had a number and likewise my first wife.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:08 am
I had a had several. Here's a paranormal experience that I posted on a previous thread and have published it a few times. Keep in mind, if this happened to me alone I would have forgotten about it and assumed I was going crazy. But it happened to two of us!

In late August of '97 my friend Larry and I got together on a Wednesday afternoon to play a game of tennis. We were in North Cambridge, MA and neither of us knew where the nearest tennis courts were. I pulled up to a cop who was directing traffic around a construction area on a small side street and asked him for directions to the nearest courts. Though neither of us said anything at the time, we both thought there was something weird about that cop. I'm not sure if it was the way he was dressed or his attitude but there was something. The cop directed us to courts only about a block away. I followed his instructions, turned right onto a driveway and , sure enough, we both saw 3 tennis courts. All 3 courts were occupied and people were playing vigorously in the left and center courts. Larry and I both noticed an attractive brunette in the right court preparing to address the serve. I pulled my car into a parking lot on my immediate right. Larry jumped from the car and said, "where did the tennis courts go?" I got out of the car and said, "they were right here!" The courts, the small field on the left and everything we were looking at were gone! Instead there was a building that was not there when we pulled in. We looked all around but there was no sign of any tennis courts. Later I found out there were tennis courts there - but they were torn down in 1954! We somehow either saw ghosts or we traveled back in time.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 07:26 pm
JL:

Is this a Humean style refutation of this Ghost? Any violation of nature because it is a violation is not understood and cannot claim to be understoofd because it is unverifiable and nonrepeatable.

TF
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:58 pm
TF, I was not thinking explicitly of Hume, but my comment was in the spirit of Hume--I guess. I was not refuting the possibility of a ghost, only arguing that it would take an awful lot for me to apply that definition to the phenomenon because of my worldview. The Bena of Africa have a belief in ghosts as part of their worldview. It would present no problem for them. I admit my naturalism, like all worldviews, amounts to a dogma of sorts. It is one of the foundations of my perception (change that to conception) of reality, even though I try not to argue for the epistemological validity of foundations (a la Rorty and Nietzsche).

edited
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 12:11 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Quote:

There is an enormous difference between a transparent cock and a diaphanous chicken, doglover.

You, of all people, should know that.

No bones about it gus, you're a peckerhead! You've run afoul with that comment. It was really clucked up! I gotta fly. Got a cock fight to attend. :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 02:32 pm
I think , only on THIS forum can ghosts and cocks come together in the same conversation.......

hahahah
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 03:15 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I think , only on THIS forum can ghosts and cocks come together in the same conversation.......

hahahah

It's like this shewolfmn...I'm just wingin' my way through this forum. I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I have a few bones to pick with gus about my inability to distinguish the difference between a transparent cock and a diaphanous chicken. His claim of seeing a poultrygeist goes beyond the pale. I hope gus will keep us abreast of the situation.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 03:37 pm
>rofl<

I think I have to leave this thread.. my sides are hurting.

hahahahahhaa
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 04:01 pm
Look carefully at the large headstone in the center of the photo.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/bytebuster/ghost.JPG
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 04:08 pm
www.ghostpix.com

A lot of the pictures look bogus, but the E.V.P. recordings are pretty spooky...

http://www.ghostpix.com/gis/E.V.P.html
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 01:11 pm
JLNobody wrote:
If I saw a transparent person, I would not know how to interpret the phenomenon. But I would certainly not jump to the conclusion that it was a ghost. I would investigate, to arrive at an interpretation that was not inconsistent with my naturalistic worldview. An actual, verified, ghost would force me to reconsider the very foundations of my view of the world. Maybe I should. But a transparent being would only constitute a challenge. It would not tell me that it was necessarily a "ghost." Similarly, a flying object that I cannot identify is not automatically an alien ship from outer space. It's just an object that I cannot at this time identify.

I have never seen a Ghost, and JL's statement above is eerily similar to how I would have answered the general question.
0 Replies