I like my chicken fried..a cold beer on a Friday night..

Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 12:48 pm
But not while you’re in the middle of a game boys!
Sources said Josh Beckett, John Lackey, and Jon Lester (left to right) were joined at times by Clay Buchholz in the practice of ordering take-out fried chicken and biscuits, drinking beer and playing video games in the clubhouse during games. The practice began late in 2010, and the pitchers not only continued the routine this year, sources said, but they joined a number of teammates in cutting back on their exercise regimens despite appeals from the team's strength and conditioning coach.

What the heck? What would happen to you in the middle of work if you started ordering fried chicken, drink beer and played video games?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,442 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 12:51 pm
@Linkat,
You'd be insanely happy and content with your job?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 12:52 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
What would happen to you in the middle of work if you started ordering fried chicken, drink beer and played video games?

I'd be going "Yippee, I made it to the I.T. department!"

(last place I worked they had a special game room with old-skool video games, a fuzbol table, big-screen t.v. etc - it was exclusively used by i.t., unless they gave you a special invite - they also ordered in food regularly - on the company tab)
Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 12:54 pm
@ehBeth,
My husband worked for a place like that too - but it was one of those IT start up places. They certainly don't do that here where I work - besides 90% of our IT is from India or are weird contractors (except jespah of course).
Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 12:54 pm
@Questioner,
Yeah and fired...
jespah

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 01:29 pm
@Linkat,
Ha, thanks for the shoutout! There was actually pizza here today. Smile

At the startup, there was Red Bull by the case.
Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 01:36 pm
@jespah,
Jeepers - lucky you - but I bet no alcohol and the red bull was for their benefit to keep you working rather than napping.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 01:41 pm
@Linkat,
I'm fortunate in that I got started at my current job when it was pretty new and worked my way up to executive fairly quickly. I wouldn't be happy to walk into one of my areas and find pizza boxes and video games scattered all about, that's for sure.

However, I frequently buy pizza, tequila/beer, and set up an xbox on the projector from time to time for the employees after a particularly difficult job is done.

Good to be the boss.
Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 01:49 pm
@Questioner,
sometimes I get candy...
0 Replies