bobsal u1553115

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 07:05 am
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2014/10/23/23-gop-leads.w529.h296.2x.png

We are gaining. VOTE!
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:36 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It'll take a few more decades before it's really felt on the political scene; that's because women still need to 'see' the harm being done to them by the GOP, and that's when whites become the 'real' minority in this country.

Moment-in-Time

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

This is another good reason voting doesn't make sense.

Voting does make sense, CI, and you could not be more counterfactual. One of the critical reasons many unsavory politicians gained office in 2010 is because of the low turn out by the general population, and Dems in particular. (Most of these Republican leaders realize they might not ever win another presidential election, and so they double down in getting out the vote in mid-term election year....the policies the right-wing TeaPublicans espouse and seek to implement turn the average American off big time.) These Republicans, especially governors of red states, have passed some of the most repressive voter registration laws in American history. These same people, if more Republicans are elected, will repeal the ACA and many more Americans will be without insurance. They will slash food stamps more, and the number of homeless will escalate.

I'll admit your *one itty bitty vote* is of little consequence by itself; nevertheless, if the greater number of non-GOP American voters reflected your attitude, America would become a Plutocracy. The Dems have the ground work in full force all across this nation and if all of us came out to vote the Democrats would win, in many states, by a landslide. This is one time we must give a damn if we are to progress forward and not backwards. However, if people take an "I don't give a damn" mindset, then the Republicans will take over the senate....they already control the House where a lackadaisical Speaker of the House, John Boehner, resides and is putty in the Tea Party hands.

Of course, many of these ultra conservative right-wing senators will be taken down in 2016 amid the national Presidential elections where GOP with their extremely unpopular policies would drive the average American insane.

So far, it does seem the Dems have narrowed the gap somewhat compared to 2010, but we still have two weeks to go. CI, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!

Marla
coldjoint

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:45 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
We are gaining. VOTE!

Two or three times. You don't want to lose those bennies.
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:51 am
@Moment-in-Time,
According to polls in California, the voter turnout is going to be very low.
What that promises FMPOV is that the same nuckleheads are going to continue screwing up this country.

There's no way I'm going to buck heads with what is a given before the elections; it's a waste of time! I can't control voters; I'm a realist.

You wrote,
Quote:
Of course, many of these ultra conservative right-wing senators will be taken down in 2016 amid the national Presidential elections where GOP with their extremely unpopular policies would drive the average American insane.

This so called insanity has been on-going for at least a decade with no change.

To even contemplate the possibility of change is somewhat naive when all polls seems to show that the GOP will be taking over both houses of congress this November.

I'll wait until 2016 to find if anything does change; which I doubt.

Moment-in-Time

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 12:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

To even contemplate the possibility of change is somewhat naive when all polls seems to show that the GOP will be taking over both houses of congress this November.

It *AIN'T* over 'til the fat lady sings. I will admit it looks very close and depressing, to a degree, but I remain optimistic! Hey, there are myriad surprises during election time and we still have two weeks to go. I'm not going down without a fight and we are working our backsides off to make sure more Dems get out to vote than has hitherto persevered in pass mid-term elections. Remember in 2012 when the voter repression in red states were first implemented, African Americans and Latinos exceeded white America in voting to make sure Obama was reelected. They had to face some bizarre odds, with extraordinarily long lines in Florida and some other states, but they prevailed!

I only hope those with your way of thinking do not mirror the leading edge. We must never give up on our government, but strive in every way humanly possible to try and correct the wrong, even if it looks despairing.
coldjoint

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 12:17 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
African Americans and Latinos exceeded white America in voting to make sure Obama was reelected.

Make sure
you separate America into colors. Nothing like keeping racism on the front page. Progressive manipulation and decisive lies.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 12:17 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I like your optimism; we need more people like you! I just don't see it in the cards.

My advocacy is for equal rights for all. Look at how the GOP treats minorities, women, gays and lesbians, seniors, and even college students who must borrow money at high interest rates or funds are not available because the GOP votes against them. I'm at my wits end to see any hope; the same people who are the targets for the GOP vote for them.

The GOP votes against increasing the minimum wage - all while the middle class continues to lose ground and the wealthy gets richer. Those folks who live from paycheck to paycheck also vote for the GOP. Look at all the red southern states; the poorest of the poor. I just can't fight that kind of idiocy.

Why should I care?
Moment-in-Time

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 01:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
My advocacy is for equal rights for all. Look at how the GOP treats minorities, women, gays and lesbians, seniors, and even college students who must borrow money at high interest rates or funds are not available because the GOP votes against them. I'm at my wits end to see any hope; the same people who are the targets for the GOP vote for them.

The GOP votes against increasing the minimum wage - all while the middle class continues to lose ground and the wealthy gets richer. Those folks who live from paycheck to paycheck also vote for the GOP. Look at all the red southern states; the poorest of the poor. I just can't fight that kind of idiocy.

Why should I care?

Because of the above is why you should care and be active, CI. Look at how many states are now embracing Gays/Lesbians. Just a couple of decades ago the idea of men marrying men and women marrying women seemed preposterous. We are making strides because of people participation.

Many folks who live from pay check to pay check some time have two and three jobs and simply no time to focus of elections, so don't blame them. Many voters are low-information voters. It's really amazing how deficient in history, politics, and just basic education many in Americans are. That still is no reason for us to sit on our backside and do nothing. We should do our part, regardless of how miniscule.

The Red States are besides themselves with grief because a black man is president. They think by opposing everything on Obama's agenda, he will fail; it looks like the GOP hateful narrative is having profound results because of Obama's low poll ratings.

Obama has been a phenomenal success given the humungous mess he inherited from GWB before he could start his own decent administration. Two wars, unpaid for by the GOP. The consequences of that disastrous two-term administration lingers with us still.

Do you remember when Ted Cruz and his think-a-links shut down the government because of ACA the law of the land?! They also wanted to have a US debt default. The price of a US default would have been “a financial apocalypse” that would cause a worldwide economic depression. This is the sort of thing that affects everyone. Having a right wing ideology doesn’t magically protect your investments from crashing alongside the rest of the stock market.

The willingness of Republicans to take the debt ceiling and the federal budget hostage in order to try to extract concessions from Democrats is probably the most lasting gift that the Tea Party has granted the country.

Your vote along with all Americans voting Democratic will make a difference, I promise. We do not have a vote to lose in this highly critical midterm election!
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 02:04 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I am soooo very proud of people like Ben Marine!!! (hearts)
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 02:11 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Are you that full of ****? Who would pay anybody to ost in a forum that has less than 1oo active posters, half from Europe, Asia and 30% RW?

Your question is an indication you've missed your medication yet again.

I believe Bobsal you were addressing coldflake:

My conscience pays me to post here. Thanks to all the liberal Dems who come here and restore my faith in humanity on a daily basis. Smile
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 02:14 pm
Those who say that they trust government " not at all" is up to 19%, an all time high. THis is putting that old game "my government hacks are better than your government hacks" in danger.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/5392/trust-government.aspx
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 02:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
That's a big part of my distaste for politics. Most are in it for themselves; power hungry jerks who used to be "one of us!"
Moment-in-Time

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 02:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I have just read in-depth your McConnell "Busted for using Non-Kentucky Woman in Ad." I also read where he paid people to attend his rallies.

The unsmiling Mitch McConnell lacks charisma, (small wonder he has to bribe people to come to his rallies.) that certain talent for attracting others. He reminds me of a walking dead man with cadaverous-like eyes. McConnell is also a very small minded intolerant man. He stated on the night of President Obama's first inauguration that he and the GOP would make sure Obama would be a one term president.

Ah to see this evil man's defeat in two weeks, is all I need ask of the Gods.
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 03:39 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Don't wish to throw a wrench on your gears, but current polling shows McConnell in the lead. It doesn't matter that a) he has no charisma, b) he pays people to show up at his rallies, and c) he uses out of state people in his ads.

Quote:
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample MoE McConnell (R) Grimes (D) Spread
RCP Average 10/4 - 10/19 -- -- 46.5 ...................42.5
McConnell +4.0

BTW, most polls show him in the lead.

Have a good fight; you've already lost.
Moment-in-Time

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 03:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have never placed my deepest hopes on just Mitch McConnell, who for the most part, has been consistently in the lead, CI. A few times Grimes found herself in the lead, but for the most part, the cadaverously looking McConnell has held his own. I wish I could say "get-out-the-vote" ground work would play a crucial role but Kentucky is a red state and they hate Obama with a visceral passion.

I still think if McConnell were to be defeated I would think I had died and gone to heaven and I am an atheist without ambiguity.
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 03:59 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Unfortunately, the likes of McConnell is the GOP. They have voted as a block with 100% "NO's" more often than not. A few change in the people who replace them isn't going to change their Modus Operandi.

Nothing will change for many years to come; unfortunately for this country and its people. I refuse to get upset about things I cannot change - with my one vote. It's better not 'thrown.'
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's a big part of my distaste for politics. Most are in it for themselves; power hungry jerks who used to be "one of us!"

it would help tremendously if we the people were asking " what have you and your peers done for the American people lately" rather than "what have you and your team done to promote my pet political ideology lately"

At the end of the day the people are the problem.
cicerone imposter

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
We don't agree on much, but on this issue, we're 100% in agreement.

People just do not care; they vote to hurt themselves, their family and friends, and I'm supposed to care? LMAO

Look at ObamaCare. Many republicans have signed up for it - even many of the governors approved it in their states. The GOP in Washington will repeal it when they take over the white house and congress; they're nipping at the bits now!

Those same people who signed up for ObamaCare will vote for those jokers who will take away their health insurance. It's a lost cause.
Logic anyone?
hawkeye10

Sat 25 Oct, 2014 04:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

People just do not care; they vote to hurt themselves, their family and friends, and I'm supposed to care? LMAO

the bigger problem is that people dont know, that people are stupid. It is a bit of a chicken/egg problem, but I think that stupidity is a much bigger problem than is apathy. It takes but a second to start to care, it takes many years to train the brain to see and understand reality. Our escape into fantasyland(by all political types) is fueled by laziness, yet another problem to add to the mix.