Girlfriend snooping in my phone

Snooped

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:34 pm
Hi, I am pretty sure my girlfriend is looking through my phone when it's laying around. I've asked her and she denies it but a time or two she has mentioned something she couldn't have known about otherwise. there is nothing to find, but it bothers me she would do that.

A friend suggested I get an app called Trustbust that secretly takes pictures of snoopers. Setting a trap like that almost feels like it would be a false admission of guilt. Should I feel guilty for wanting proof of her snooping? Or should I let the app takes pictures and then confront her?

roger

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:42 pm
@Snooped,
Why not just lock your phone?
Joe Nation

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 01:48 pm
@roger,
Duh
Except that you will start noticing her tensing up over the next few days as she is foiled by the lock out.

Joe(Run, snooped, run)Nation
roger

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 04:07 pm
@Joe Nation,
Well yeah, but what can she say? Unless she wants to admit to snooping, I mean.
0 Replies

engineer

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 04:48 pm
@Snooped,
Get the app and if you are right about her snooping, then break up. Alternatively, you could stop leaving your phone laying around.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 05:50 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Duh
Except that you will start noticing her tensing up over the next few days as she is foiled by the lock out.

Joe(Run, snooped, run)Nation

Except if one locks the phone with a moronically bad password like password or 12345 or their own birthdate.
0 Replies

dadpad

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:15 pm
If ther's nothing to find then why worry about it?
Its probably jaust a little exciting for her to do something a bit naughty.
Let her snoop she'll get to the point where she learns to trust you and the thrill wears off.
You could try giving it to her to "orgainse" your stuff delete things you no longer need etc. Make it a joint effort, something to do on a rainy saturday.
dadpad

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:18 pm
Quote:
12345 or their own birthdate.

How do you know my phone password AND my pin number. Have you hacked my computer?
I'm gonna sue your arse off.
Joe Nation

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:34 am
@dadpad,
And MINE too!!

Joe(Me mother's Maiden name is DADPAD)Nation
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 11:45 am
@Snooped,
Are you asking a sincere question or promoting the app through forum spam?
Ticomaya

Fri 25 Mar, 2011 01:13 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Are you asking a sincere question or promoting the app through forum spam?

Seeing as how the same question has been posed in multiple forums, using multiple aliases, I'm guessing the latter.
0 Replies

Snooped

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 12:45 am
@Robert Gentel,
I was sincerely asking. Since then I bought the Trustbust app and it worked perfectly. Maybe too well. I learned she WAS snooping (the app took 25 pictures of her AND recorded that she had tried 'intentionally' to access my oprivate messages.
Before I showed her the pics, and tried to give her an out and let her fess up but she lied and said she hadn't been looking in my phone. So NOW I know that she snoops and lies. This is not good. When I showed her the pictures she called me a son of a bitch, grabbed her keys and phone and has been gone for 5 hours now.

During which time I have decided this is a little more than I want to use as the foundation of a relationship. I'm going to pask up my banjo and hit the trail.

If any of you guys are in a similar spot you might consider getting Trustbust, it really will give you solid proof of snooping and intent. Thanks for all your support everyone!

warm regards,
Snooped
Joe Nation

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 07:39 am
@Snooped,
Okay.
The rest of us will just confront the lying bitches the old fashioned way.
Joe(We just ask them.)Nation
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 07:52 am
same question posted some where else too

spam
0 Replies

Mame

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 07:52 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

You could try giving it to her to "orgainse" your stuff delete things you no longer need etc. Make it a joint effort, something to do on a rainy saturday.

LOL
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 08:15 am
@Snooped,
Bullshit. It's one thing to come to this forum and breathlessly promote your app, but another to come here and lie to all of us.

You are "Snooped", but you have also posted an identical post about your Trustbust app using the alias "cadfood".

http://forums.ivillage.com/t5/Sneaky-is-as-Sneaky-Does/girlfriend-snooping-in-my-phone/td-p/117122931

You have also posted about your app as "Steve Passaly", which is your name.

http://dailyappshow.com/trustbust

Here is a link to your Steve Passaly/CadFood twitter account:

http://twitter.com/CadFood

You are the President of CadVantage, a software company in Charlotte, North Carolina. (That must be the inspiration for your "Cad"Food alias, since you are a foodie.) You (Steve Passaly) are also the founder, along with Michael Parra, of "PaperNappkin," an "upstart app development firm based in Charlotte, NC" which has developed this app you are promoting on A2K.

http://www.papernappkin.com/about.php
http://prmac.com/release-id-23073.htm

You have also posted glowing reviews about other PaperNappkin apps, using your alias CadFood:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/celebgotcha/id402112986?mt=8

You, sir, have been busted ... and I didn't need your app to do it.
Mame

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 08:33 am
@Ticomaya,
Good one! (But how did you discover all that??)
Robert Gentel

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 08:34 am
@Snooped,
Snooped wrote:
If any of you guys are in a similar spot you might consider getting Trustbust, it really will give you solid proof of snooping and intent.

Nah. I'd rather not trust liars and spammers. You may want to read this:

'Lifestyle Lift' Will Pay $300,000 in Penalties and Costs to New York State
Cuomo's deal is first case in nation against growing practice of "astroturfing" on Internet

I am going to report your astroturfing to the app stores (maybe they'll pull your app).
0 Replies

dadpad

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 08:35 am
@Mame,
I suspect admin will redact the links you posted Tico any advertising is good advertising, everything you posted seems to be above board and true.
0 Replies

spidergal

Sun 27 Mar, 2011 09:10 am
Wow, this snooped person is so busted! Good work, Ticomaya!
0 Replies