Is it ever too early to listen to Christmas music or watch Christmas: An informal survey

roger

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 12:32 am
@msolga,
Was that the old Damon Runyon story?
msolga

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 12:37 am
@roger,
To tell the truth I don't know, roger.
It's a film title I associate with Christmas, but I rarely watch such films.
Bet you anything someone will enlighten you (& me!) any minute!
roger

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 12:40 am
@msolga,
I'm thinking of a story and it just had to be either Damon Runyon or O. Henry. I may also be thinking of the wrong story.
msolga

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 01:15 am
@roger,
I think you might be, too! Smile

0 Replies

mollydrew

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 03:57 am
@tsarstepan,
Good question, many times at anytime of the year I find myself humming or singing a Christmas song. I don't know if is just because it is jovial, or because of a subcontious memory of childhood joy.
Frenchfry

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 07:51 am
@tsarstepan,
I would go bonkers if I listen to christmas music before the month of December. Now a days , they play it too soon as it is, and after Christmas in should be laid to rest.
Letty

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 08:08 am
@Frenchfry,
Hey, Frenchfry. You're from Florida, I see. Welcome aboard.

I think Roger may be referring to O Henry's Gift of the Magi. Damon Runyon did Guys and Dolls

Christmas is coming the geese are getting fat,
Won't you please put a penny in the old man's hat.
If you haven't got a penny,
a ha penny will do,
If you haven't got a ha penny,
God bless you. Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 08:17 am
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

Um, 2

Solidarity my brother! Solidarity! Surprised
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 08:22 am
@mollydrew,
mollydrew wrote:

Good question, many times at anytime of the year I find myself humming or singing a Christmas song. I don't know if is just because it is jovial, or because of a subcontious memory of childhood joy.

I like your style MollyDrew. When I find myself in the rare bouncy/jolly mood I sometimes hum a Christmas Carol so out of Christmas season I try to keep the volume down to keep the stray odd looks from being shot from my coworkers.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 08:23 am
@Letty,
That's the spirit Letty!

Let the Christmas poetry reign down on those glummy heathens! Razz Wink
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:05 am
@tsarstepan,
Just because I'm feeling extra nuisancey or would that be mischiefy, I'm reviving this thread to pre4th of July early!
Reyn

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 07:56 am
@tsarstepan,
Cue in Psycho shower scene music...

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_01/psychoREX0105_468x461.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 08:14 am
In the still sylvan night
Perchance a swinging light
What or who this Holiest hour
With lantern a-glower
Puts foot before foot
Entrants boot by boot
Moon-dapple bower
What eyes sweep the room
Broom straw across the gloom
Peruse yon sleeping tadpole
Gloved hand pulls out of the hole
In his bag a fragment of star
To place it in center of the scar
Of moonlight across the blanket scroll

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 10:31 am
@edgarblythe,
Well it's that time of year when I start obsessing over the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack.
0 Replies

kevincarr101

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:45 pm
No, it isn't I listen to music and watch movies in the summer time. I just love the feel of winter and Christmas during the warm months. I get all cool and relaxed anytime of the year, I have watched Christmas with the Kranks during the hottest days of the year in Northwest Ohio when it got up around 100 Fh. If you love Christmas music then don't let the nagging stop you from listing to it. I hate it when someone says hey! why are you listing to this in May? I say why? I love it and I feel happy and calm. Let Christmas music be played and also movies to be watched any time of the year 365 Days 24/7 of the year without any person complaining that it is too early to be played/watched. Also one of the campgrounds has a Christmas in July day and people love that and their are some that don't. I would like to encourage those that are waiting until the session is in to start listing to and watching films about Christmas. Maybe you will get the spirit of Christmas and can't wait or maybe not. Thanks for reading and merry Christmas to everyone this year.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 10:47 am
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2023 02:31 pm
engineer

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2023 02:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
I hope it isn't too early. Saw Mannheim Steamroller last night.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2023 03:56 pm
@engineer,
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they still exist and are still making Christmas music (or at least still performing).
0 Replies