spendius

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 06:32 am
@FBM,
It's the funniest thing that some atheists eagerly embrace evolution when Christianity evolved.

It's like a pheasant wanting to be green feathered in order to better blend in with the greenery.
FBM

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 06:42 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

No FB. It is the history of the human race. It is based upon a simple maxim--"they are on our land and are shagging our women".

I hope you don't think I have any intention of reading that lot. Man's inhumanity to man is not a Christian monopoly. It is a function of settled agriculture so why don't you attack that? Get real.

Dodge.
FBM

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 06:44 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
Indeed. If god made the whole universe just for man (to praise him), then I think he would consider each person to be very special.

That's a non sequitur from your perspective FB. How can you start a proposition, "if God made" anything when there is no God? And what you "think He would" be considering is a bit precious don't you think?

Your rhetorical toolbox is missing a few important tools.

Quote:
I bet you think...

Perfect lead-in to a strawman fallacy.
0 Replies

FBM

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 06:44 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

It's the funniest thing that some atheists eagerly embrace evolution when Christianity evolved.

It's like a pheasant wanting to be green feathered in order to better blend in with the greenery.

Red herring fallacy.
0 Replies

FBM

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:13 am
I found this to be interesting. Maybe someone else will, too.

0 Replies

spendius

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:36 am
@FBM,
Quote:
Dodge

Yeah!! For you. But I do understand. So, so much.
Romeo Fabulini

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:42 am
Quote:
Hingehead posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkhINiQIIAAmgmd.jpg

Look at it another way mate, Jesus wants MATES, that's all..Smile
"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends" (John 15:15)

And he said to his pals at the last supper-
"In my fathers kingdom are many mansions,I'm going on ahead to get them ready for you, then i'll be back to take you there with me" (John 14:2-6)
"I tell you, I will not drink wine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom." (Matt 26:29)

So if atheists don't want to join the party, they condemn THEMSELVES to hell and darkness don't they?
As I've said before, it's fine for atheists to attack organised religion and cults, I do it myself all the time, but some of them make the mistake of attacking Jesus too, which is a definite no-no!
If atheists simply LIKE Jesus, they've got a chance of getting to that big party in the sky, they don't have to go to church or get baptised or any of that stuff!
I mean, he's a likeable guy so who the hell wouldn't want to be his mate?..Smile

Jesus to the snooty priests- "You're full of krap!" (Matt 23:27)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus-v-snoots.gif~original

Jesus rescues a woman from fundies-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/JesusAdultrss.jpg

Another run-in with the snoots, this time because they want him to stop hanging with beggars and prostitutes, so he tells them-
"The prostitutes will get to heaven ahead of you!" (Matt 21:31)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesus-another-runin_zpsd1d47484.jpg~original

So eventually the snoots got the Romans to kill him, but he left this reminder for us all-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesu-pash.png~original
0 Replies

FBM

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:53 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
Dodge

Yeah!! For you. But I do understand. So, so much.

Yes, you do seem to think so. Now do you want to address all those millions killed, oppressed and suppressed in the name of xtianity? Which was the point you are dodging.
FBM

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 08:31 am
16 year old filipina killed by her 5 classmates in a Christian school after sharing a post from an Atheist Fan page

Yay?
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 10:37 am
@FBM,
I have already laid the responsibility on humanity and settled agriculture. Those who lay it on Christianity are just escapist wussies who absolve themselves from any responsibility simply by declaring themselves to be anti-Christian as if, and it is very sweet and virtuous, only atheists are against killing millions and oppressing and suppressing the rest.

Educated people don't take such a simplistic view.

Castrating all men would put an end to it all.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 11:14 am
Quote:
FBM said: I find it significant that this particular god would violate that Egyptian pharoh's free will by heardening his heart, but sits by twiddling his thumbs while a pedophile rapes a kid.

Pharoah was keeping the Israelis as slaves, but God needed the Israelis to found the state of Israel so that he could send Jesus there later.
So God hardened Pharoah's heart so that he could use him as an 'object lesson' to show the whole world that he has 'hard men' for breakfast and that if you go against him he'll bust your ass!

As for peedos, their asses will be bust later-
Jesus said:- " if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea" (Matt 18:6)
Frank Apisa

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 11:43 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
FBM said: I find it significant that this particular god would violate that Egyptian pharoh's free will by heardening his heart, but sits by twiddling his thumbs while a pedophile rapes a kid.

Pharoah was keeping the Israelis as slaves, but God needed the Israelis to found the state of Israel so that he could send Jesus there later.
So God hardened Pharoah's heart so that he could use him as an 'object lesson' to show the whole world that he has 'hard men' for breakfast and that if you go against him he'll bust your ass!

As for peedos, their asses will be bust later-
Jesus said:- " if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea" (Matt 18:6)

But the god Jesus worshiped had no problem killing off the babies of the Egyptians. What the hell...Egyptian babies don't matter.
Romeo Fabulini

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 11:59 am
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: But the god Jesus worshiped had no problem killing off the babies of the Egyptians. What the hell...Egyptian babies don't matter.

Not if they're going to grow up to be like their nasty daddies..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Son-father-nazi-b_zpsd938d845.jpg~original

Anyway in your Air Force days you were quite prepared to nuke Russki towns and cities full of men, women, kids and babbies..Wink
Frank Apisa

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 12:14 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: But the god Jesus worshiped had no problem killing off the babies of the Egyptians. What the hell...Egyptian babies don't matter.

Not if they're going to grow up to be like their nasty daddies..Wink

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Son-father-nazi-b_zpsd938d845.jpg~original

Anyway in your Air Force days you were quite prepared to nuke Russki towns and cities full of men, women, kids and babbies..Wink

Glad you realize that god you worship would be willing to kill a bunch of kids for no reason...except that they might grow up to be Nazis. Of course, there were no Nazis back then...but why should that worry you.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 12:27 pm
Quote:
Frank 'Major Kong' Apisa said: @RF-Glad you realize that god you worship would be willing to kill a bunch of kids for no reason...except that they might grow up to be Nazis. Of course, there were no Nazis back then...but why should that worry you.

Think "cull out of the gene pool" mate. The Egyptians were the nazis of their day, a worthless bunch of heathen slavedrivers, so they asked for a good kicking, God's not some limp-wristed lefty social worker, nobody better mess with him!

"Yeehaw!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Maj-Kong_zpsf4348c7f.jpg~original
neologist

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 12:35 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You really don't see the dissonance between you and the Jesus you profess to worship, do you?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 12:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank 'Major Kong' Apisa said: @RF-Glad you realize that god you worship would be willing to kill a bunch of kids for no reason...except that they might grow up to be Nazis. Of course, there were no Nazis back then...but why should that worry you.

Think "cull out of the gene pool" mate. The Egyptians were the nazis of their day, a worthless bunch of heathen slavedrivers, so they asked for a good kicking, God's not some limp-wristed lefty social worker, nobody better mess with him!

"Yeehaw!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Maj-Kong_zpsf4348c7f.jpg~original

Actually, the Egyptians were not much into slavery. History records pretty much establish, for instance, that the pyramids were not built by slave labor, but by Egyptians who took the work on as a job.

But the people who the god killed the Egyptian first-born's for were told this by your god:

"Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess, provided you BUY them from among the neighboring nations. You may also BUY them from among the aliens who reside with you and from their children who are born and reared in your land. Such slaves YOU MAY OWN AS CHATTELS, and leave to your sons as their hereditary property, MAKING THEM PERPETUAL SLAVES. But you shall not lord it harshly over any of the Israelites, your kinsmen." Leviticus 25:44ff

C'mon. You can do better than this, Romeo.

I realize your assignment is almost mission impossible...but surely you can do better than this.
panzade

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 05:12 pm
I'm foldin' up this puppy.
This thread is a giant waste of time.
edgarblythe

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 05:14 pm
@panzade,
you're right. trolls rule.
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 05:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
But the god Jesus worshiped had no problem killing off the babies of the Egyptians. What the hell...Egyptian babies don't matter.

I hope JTT doesn't read that.
0 Replies