Did we ever really land on the moon?

Setanta

Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:30 am
@BillRM,
Hey, jackass . . . if you want to make this a name-calling festival, i'll be more than happy to comply.

First, allow me to dispense with you idiotic straw man--you seem incapable of posting without lying about what i have written. At no time have i stated or implied that "graining" (as you put it) access to space is worthless. You know what it makes of you when you claim that i've written things which i haven't written? It makes you a LIAR.

Read the goddamned link i provided, bright boy. A gentleman with the expert credentials you were whining about and a former employee of NASA says pretty much what i have been saying--the cost of sending manned missions into space just aren't worth it. In the distant future, we may very well enjoy a high degree of success with unmanned, automated exploratory missi0ns, or mining expeditions. Try to get it through your thick skull that sending people into space is extremely expensive, in orders or magnitude greater than sending machines.

And you continue to miss the central point of everything i've been saying, which is getting someone to sign the check . . . getting someone to pay for it. What the hell do you intend to do, put a gun to the heads of the American taxpayers and make them buy your your pretty toys?

You still haven't told us what expertise you claim to have, after making your snotty remarks about Intrepid--but i'm becoming more and more convinced that you are as near to a congenital idiot as one can get and still be able to operate a keyboard.
Intrepid

Thu 25 Dec, 2008 07:39 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Thank you, that is very kind. I hope that you and your wife and your children will have a joyous occasion . . . perhaps someday we'll sit down for a cup of coffee . . .

Smile
Foofie

Thu 25 Dec, 2008 02:43 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Foofie

Not that my observation is correct, but it seems like this thread has not attracted those posters that are on the other side of the pond? Is space really a U.S. domain (no Russian posters, I guess?) for A2K? Perhaps, less interest in space by the European/other continent posters?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

England have a long and proud history concerning promoting interplanetary travel.

Author C Clark was the one who got me interested in the subject long before any man reach earth orbit and the British Interplanetary Society have a long and proud history.

That is just ducky. Where is the British space program? I would wonder if they are travelling into space vicariously through their allies across the pond (the U.S.)?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Thu 25 Dec, 2008 08:07 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

England have a long and proud history concerning promoting interplanetary travel.

Author C Clark was the one who got me interested in the subject long before any man reach earth orbit and the British Interplanetary Society have a long and proud history.

Are you referring to Arthur C. Clark, the science fiction writer?
djjd62

Thu 25 Dec, 2008 08:10 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

BillRM wrote:

Are you referring to Arthur C. Clark, the science fiction writer?

or perhaps even Arthur C. Clarke Wink

merry christmas everybody
Intrepid

Thu 25 Dec, 2008 08:14 pm
@djjd62,
That too
0 Replies

old europe

Sat 24 Jan, 2009 05:06 pm
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/youtube.png
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 02:07 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
...if you want to make this a name-calling festival, i'll be more than happy to comply.

Knew you would.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 02:08 am
@Intrepid,
Do you really want to compete with Set's reknowned lap dog?
Setanta

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 02:41 am
So you come along five weeks late, and hope to stir the turd? That's pathetic, Finn, even by your legendarily low, low standards. Good luck . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 07:14 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Do you really want to compete with Set's reknowned lap dog?

Do you think I have a chance?
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 10:46 am
He misspelled renowned.
Intrepid

Sat 31 Jan, 2009 07:34 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

He misspelled renowned.

I thought reknowned was a dog breed. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

hater

Mon 15 Jul, 2013 10:47 pm
@smm7676,
no we never landed on it. the whole thing was filmed in an afternoon in a green room of a news studio that was in on it. humans could NEVER get to the moon even today. to think so is ******* stupid
farmerman

Tue 16 Jul, 2013 04:34 am
@hater,
I see we have another moron who doubts the moon landing.
Even if we don't include the reflecting prisms that had been installed on the moons surface there are other pieces of data that you have no explanations for except to realize that weve been to the moon several times (These prisms allow anyone with a laser ranging device who has the coordinates of Apollo 11 and 14 landings to reflect a laser beam back to their site so they can measure lunar tides and how fast the moon is slipping away from us)

Weve got good photography of the various landing sites. Heres one where you can even see the LEM and tracks from the Lunar Rover used in Apollo 17
      http://i.huffpost.com/gen/345138/APOLLO-17-LANDING-SITE.jpg
edgarblythe

Tue 16 Jul, 2013 05:19 am
@farmerman,
This particular moron hates anything related to space exploration. He has posted on every related thread similar tripe.
timur

Tue 16 Jul, 2013 05:23 am
@edgarblythe,
No, it's Mark Noble endeavor to a trolling summit..
Lordyaswas

Tue 16 Jul, 2013 06:19 am
@timur,
Isn't the Trolling Summit just beyond the Sea of Tranquility?
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 16 Jul, 2013 06:29 am
Ah yes, the Mare Traquilitatis . . . although actually, the Trolling Summit is just beyond the Sinus Iridium, the Bay of Rainbows, which is on the shore of the Mare Imbrium, the Sea of Storms. We can only hope that the barque of Hater/Mark Noble is wrecked by one of those storms.
0 Replies