Does Love Sometimes Hurt?

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 07:40 am
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
Red-Relationships are difficult as it is. Why throw politics into the mix? I would give the appropriate advice to any member, no matter what their political persuasion. I don't believe in mixing apples with oranges!

True I have not only thrown up politics but also responded in anger and frustration where that is merely love in reverse. I am working on this. It is like drowning and taking the ones trying to help down with you. While in peril we often lose sight of the grander scheme of things. I do let my anger get the best of me. Perhaps over time I will learn to cope with the sore issues that really bother me and try to respond in a less emotional way and a more substantive progressive manner.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 07:54 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
And how should one be rewarded and treated for "inappropriate behavior"?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 08:03 am
@hawkeye10,
I disagree... A person needs to feel they are in good hands often before they open up about something private and painful. I was taught to sometime just keep silent and let people talk out their problems be a good listener a bit so they do feel they are in good hands before one starts spouting out inane insensitive jokes.

Job in the bible cursed his appeasers and they all seemed to take a different approach to trying to help him ease his burden. I am not really sure why. It was as if they all had a motive for sucking off his bad luck. Ultimately they all seamed to make him feel even worse. I am not saying people here have made me feel worse either, though in some cases indifferent.
0 Replies

kolapskybernetes

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 10:10 am
yeahp.
anything and everything can hurt; experiences, people, matter and even a memory can hurt.

love contains the best and worse of all of those fragments in life that we cherish, and balled into a cramped space between two hearts.

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 11:02 pm
How does one forget?
kolapskybernetes

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 06:18 am
@RexRed,
hmm, perhaps the goal is not about forgetting the pain.
Most ppl associate forgetting with healing but it's not healthy ; ala Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. <nose twitch+wink>

i'm now separated from my husband.
The One guy i ever loved, first boyfriend, college sweetheart, 7 yrs tgthr, married for 5. <counts fingers, i'm bad in maths> That's 11 years of commitment and me giving my best in every moment.

So, there's a lot that i had to realign and heal from as i made my decision to leave him.
But in the end i believe that EVER:y moment is EVER:after.
Each second is forever.

Security is an illusion thus hurt is just an emotion that overwhelms temporarily.
What lingers is our worth and values that either builds up or erode when we are with another Being.

And my goal is to be with ppl who adds and enrich my values, and allows me to expand in their presence =)

Perhaps, i am now free from pain bcos of this new outlook.
All i know is that i feel pain when i slip out of this Knowingness.

We are hurt when we give our best, and being treated unfairly in return.
But that is not within our control.
That moment happened because it had to, for reasons perhaps we will now in time.

What we know is that no one can guarantee anything, they can't even guarantee that they will be in their best behaviour tomorrow.
If they do claim that, then they are lying.

We can observe patterns and rely on values that they hold.
Much like nature. Makes so much sense, to me. Smile

Once i let go of the expectations and delusion of control/security return to commitment, i feel more able to give my best without anxiety over being hurt.

I will just concentrate on being my best and listening to my intuition and i allow myself to take risks and own events that happen in my life. Even the bad ones.

Love is about being our best and projecting, fertilising experiences with our best of intentions and values/skills.
If i sound tacky, well just pretend u didn't just waste 3 mins reading the above sentences.

At least know that u'll be alrite once u cleanse ur sensory library out of his/her data.
Our mind and body is powerful, we heal naturally.
We always do =)

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 07:19 am
I think I am meant to be always hurting over something or another.

Hurting equals passion and passion equals inspiration.

Sunshine To Me

You're my sunshine when it rains
Your key unlocks the chains
In my heart
You'll always be
You're like sunshine
To me

When clouds block the light
When day turns to night
But in my heart
You shine so bright
You're like sunshine
To me

Sunshine
Sunshine
So free
To be
In your sunshine
Sunshine...
It's like heaven
To me

Instrumental

Even when it storms
Your light always warms
The coldest days
You set my heart ablaze
Your fiery golden rays
You're like sunshine
To me

While I hold tight to you
Worries fade from view
In my heart
You're so divine
You're like sunshine
To me

Sunshine
Sunshine
So free
To be
In your sunshine
Sunshine...
It's like heaven
To me

RexRed
3/27/2010

Holiness is a product of suffering.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 09:29 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Hurting equals passion and passion equals inspiration
to hurt is to be engaged in life. The worst way to be is not in pain, it is the feel nothing at all.
0 Replies

NoOne phil

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2010 01:49 pm
@RexRed,
Is love something you share, or is it your personal emotions?
0 Replies

John Trenor

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 01:26 pm
@RexRed,
The pain can be a combination of protecting yourself vs. offering yourself. Offering yourself is a natural part of being in a relationship, however it can be difficult when distrust is involved. One must be truthful with himself in order to give himself away, and for that to occur one must trust the one they love.
0 Replies