how can i have confidence????

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 05:20 pm
tomorrow im going to go to see a movie with a friend i havent seen in years.....hes also bringing some friends.....im really nervous and really scared...we havent seen each other in about 3 years...ive gained weight and im scared there going to say stuff...i dont like him or anything....but im scared....what can i do for tomorrow...is he going to make fun of me and hes freinds too.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 835 • Replies: 8
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 05:57 pm
If they say anything they're jerks. Tell them they're jerks and leave.

If this guy and his friends are so shallow and mean why would you want to hang out with them anyway?

You're more than your body, you know.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 08:14 pm
Bring a girl friend!

A horde of guys can be intimidating in the best of times. You haven't seen him in 3 years and don't know these others, so I'd consider that your normal healthy girl safety alarm system (sorry, no rebates or returns, you got it for life).

So yeah. Call up a friend or two. The guys won't mind.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 08:26 pm
Mind? Most guys would love that! And I don't mind a few extra pounds on my gals.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 10:59 pm
April! I just checked out your myspace. You are quite lovely! Add me as a friend!
0 Replies

BDoug

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 04:11 pm
They're right, if he would be so crass as to do that you shouldnt be friends with him anyway. Im sure you look great, we're just our own worst critics!

Bring a friend, harder to gang up on someone if they have backup. Plus if they act like monsters you can always cut and run with your friend...
0 Replies

Pattijo

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 03:10 am
Give yourself permission to be happy just as you are , if they are your friends they will love you because you are you - Go and have a wonderful time and be proud of you - It will all work out , just you wait and see
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:37 am
Pattijo wrote:
Give yourself permission to be happy just as you are , if they are your friends they will love you because you are you - Go and have a wonderful time and be proud of you - It will all work out , just you wait and see

wise words Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 06:32 am
Pattijo wrote:
Give yourself permission to be happy just as you are

This is a great piece of advice.
0 Replies