his secretary spends the night before he days he wants a div

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 08:24 am
okay do my hubby and I have been separated for almost 4 moths...a few weeks a ago closer to a month he said that he would do watever it took to make the marriage work. I simply said stop drinking, he is a full blown alcoholic. so weeks go by he is doing great not drinking we are talking every night and spending alit of tiome together, he was spending family time with me and my son. Then somehting interesting happened, a friday night i asked if he wanted to hang out because my son was with my om, ya know just the two of us, he himmed and hawwed and said that he had plans to go someone, i got a feeling in my gut that something was up, then I do not hear from him until tuesday when he proceeds to go next door to his sister in which I was there and cracks a beer open in front of me, I knew then that the inevitable had to happen, well he says that he is tired and going to shower and go to bed, within an hour he had showered gotten all dressed up and left there without saying good bye to my son, then get a phone call, yes a phone call, that he is not inlove with me that is is going to get his stuff the next day, i find out later that his secretary at works car had been out front since wed night, he has proceed to spend the night at her house as well as she sleeps over there often, his sister who is one of my dear friends asked him what was up with her, and he says we are just hanging out, i see nothing wrong with that. I know that she has been after him foryears just by her strange behaviors. Now I am worried that this may have been in the works or an affair was going on before. What should I do? I have a dr appointment just to be tested for a disease or something but i knew in my gut along time ago that things were strange with her noway, am I assuming too much or do 2+2=4 in this situation?
any advice what to do from here is greatly appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 646 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 09:19 am
Mommaofone--

Your one-sentence question is hard to understand. Are these the facts?

You and your husband separated four months ago.

Three or four weeks ago he wanted to try again and you told him he would have to stop drinking.

Until last weekend he was spending time with you and your son.

He spent last weekend with his secretary (according to his sister). Then he telephones you and says that he wants a divorce. Furthermore, he's drinking agan.
0 Replies

mommaofone

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 06:37 pm
yes
yes that is pretty much the facts, he has been sleeping over at her mothers, she has been staying there
did last night as a matter of fact. There had been odd behaviors from her for a long time but none from him.
I dunno what to do, my gut tells me that when you are just hanging out with someone as he said ti his sister you do not have slumber parties that soon at least not with any sense of self respect, r respect for others.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 07:17 pm
I just went back and skimmed your old posts.

Wow!

Sometimes, I have found it helpful to read what I have written in the past to see if I'm still stuck in the same place as I was then...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2007 08:00 pm
Or for the rest of us, to have the context of a post.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 13 Jul, 2007 02:19 pm
Mommaofone--

If he's drinking, you don't want him.

If he doesn't see that platonic slumber parties are hard to believe, you don't want him.

Just the drinking is enough, thought.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2007 12:51 am
There is help available for SO's of alcoholics and addicts. Al-anon. And it's free.
0 Replies