Ow, my tooth! Support Group and Drinking Society

Noddy24

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:29 pm
JPB--

At least you've survived the indignity of the first step.

Doctors bury their mistakes. Dentists get a second crack at your medical insurance twenty years down the road.

Do you suppose you are more vulnerable to vampires with the silver-soaked bone removed?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 12:30 pm
http://www.loscabosguide.com/tequila/pics/cabo-wabo_0874_r2.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 02:10 pm
Thanks, Walter, keep 'em coming, we want this puppy (the transplant) to take hold!

Tai Chi -- thanks, so far I'm making it with ice packs, salt water, and 800 mg Motrin. It's not great, but I'm sure it could be worse.

noddy -- I think the vampires will leave me along for a bit while I replenish my blood supplies. That reminds me... I've got another Anne Rice novel around here somewhere.

cj -- Poifect! I'll have to keep on hold 'til the weekend though. No alcohol for five days. I'm sure I'll be ready to enjoy it by then.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 02:14 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVeF9FSvDY
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 02:18 pm
OMMMMMMMMmmmmm moooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 02:30 pm
Ohmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooo, eh!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 02:35 pm
http://i8.tinypic.com/6c3q5ih.jpg
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:10 pm
Montana wrote:
Ohmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooo

Resistance is futile.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:11 pm
Add my ooommmming to the pile.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 04:16 pm
I've had A Day and am debating whether I will express solidarity with the suffering by hoisting a vodka and tonic or sipping a bourbon and branch water.

JPB--

Is your pain killer wearing off? How are the happy pills working? Can your family accept its Spiritual Center in the role of Designated Invalid?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:01 pm
Thanks for the ommmm's (and mooooooo's), eh beth, Montana, and DD. They seem to be helping. I'm feeling semi-comfortable at the moment.

cj, I normally don't check out youtube links because I'm on dialup, but I did so with this one. It took over an hour to download and was very much worth the wait. Thanks!

Noddy, hmmmm, tough choice. I hope you go with whichever one puts your Day in a better frame. The girls are both working this evening and Mr B asked if I wanted him to eat out so that I don't have to smell real food. They're all leaving me in peace and quiet.

Walter, < she says, with eyebrow raised > just what are you trying to say? Smile

Nothing hot or cold to eat or drink today. Room temp Ensure (vanilla milkshake flavor) is nothing to write home about, but it's not so bad. I told Mr B I'd bought it and he asked why I needed an adult diaper. Rolling Eyes Adult formula and adult diapers are all the same to him. Hopefully, I can hold off on needing Depends for awhile yet.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:03 pm
Are you allowed to drink syrup? Pancakes, butter, and syrup in a blender shouldn't be significantly different from eating them off of a plate....
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:07 pm
mac11 wrote:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMing for JPB today and Jes tomorrow!

I had recent crown woes that are not nearly so scary in comparison.

I got the first crown in April. It lasted 13 days and fell out. I got the second crown in May. It broke before the cement dried. The dentist and I were both out of town for most of June. The third crown is up to day 7. We shall see. Aren't these things supposed to last for years?

The good news is that insurance paid half, and there have been no further charges since April.

Shocked jeesh, mac, what a pain! Here's to hoping you get past week two and can put this stuff behind you. If this one breaks just tell your dentist that you'll come in for a semi-annual swap-out of your temp!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:08 pm
Please enlighten me, oh wise ones. What's wrong with using a straw?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:11 pm
My dentist says if this one doesn't work, she's giving me a gold crown next. Apparently I'm a biter (bruxer - not sure of that spelling), and the porcelain can't take the pressure. She tried to talk me into gold in April, but it seems a little, um, shiny for me. Even if it is the last molar before the wisdom tooth.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:14 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Are you allowed to drink syrup? Pancakes, butter, and syrup in a blender shouldn't be significantly different from eating them off of a plate....

I can eat anything that isn't hot, cold, acidic, alcoholic, sipped through a straw, or eaten with a fork. Defined, I guess, as room temp liguids and spoonables such as puddings. Blenderized concoctions would work if they're thin enough. Tomorrow I can eat things that can be cut with a fork. You've opened up my thought process regarding dinner but pancakes somehow sound better with a folk Smile
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:17 pm
Sounds like a fried flightless bird embryo for you, then....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:17 pm
mac11 wrote:
My dentist says if this one doesn't work, she's giving me a gold crown next. Apparently I'm a biter (bruxer - not sure of that spelling), and the porcelain can't take the pressure. She tried to talk me into gold in April, but it seems a little, um, shiny for me. Even if it is the last molar before the wisdom tooth.

Have you considered a different dentist?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:18 pm
DrewDad wrote:
mac11 wrote:

Have you considered a different dentist?

Yeah, I'm considering it. Definitely.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 05:20 pm
mac11 wrote:
Please enlighten me, oh wise ones. What's wrong with using a straw?

No sucking until the transplant 'takes'. Right now it's sutured on is to be left alone as much as possible for a week. No 'swishing' of the salt water for the same reason. The swishing action disputes the adhesion. Just call me the drool queen.

[quote="mac11]She tried to talk me into gold in April, but it seems a little, um, shiny for me. Even if it is the last molar before the wisdom tooth.[/quote]. It probably wouldn't show much, if at all.
0 Replies