Single tooth pain and sensitivity

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 10:38 am
Four days ago, during dinner I noticed that my top middle left tooth (Central Incisor (?)) hurts when I drink water. My teeth have been a little sensitive to cold drinks for a long time (nothing out of the ordinary), but this was very different. It was actual pain and increased sensitivity, but only in one single tooth. It hurts when I eat, when I drink, and sometimes when I'm outside(I have a feeling this is caused by the cold air, but I could be very dumb).

I called my healthcare system and spoke to a doctor, he said that I should buy a special toothpaste (Meridol) and start using mouthwash, so I've started using it for the past four days. It feels a little better, but the pain comes and goes. Every day since it started I've woken up earlier because I can feel it, and I'm a little freaked out that this might just be the new normal.

The annoying part is that I went to a standard inspection three weeks ago and the doctor said everything was fine (even got a radiography), so I'm not sure that going to another apointment will help me out.

Additional information: don't drink, don't smoke, no illnesses, 22, male, brushes regularly, had braces and still have retainers (permanent metal bars behind my teeth), looks like I have some gum recession but like I said the doctor thought everything looked fine, teeth sometimes bleed when I brush.

Is there anything I can do? Will this just go away after some time? Is this at all common?

Thanks a lot in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 618 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

drillersmum85

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 02:17 pm
@ilaiiali,
It looks like radiography is even more detailed than the regular dentists use to look for cavities, so if your radiography results revealed that you have NO dental caries/cavities in your teeth, I can only assume there is not much more you can do. The reason I'm responding to your post is that I'm currently undergoing lots of tooth drilling coz of me neglecting my teeth for years. The X-rays were the only way to find out why my teeth ached.
ilaiiali

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 02:50 pm
@drillersmum85,
Thanks for the reply Smile
I was just wondering if this occurence is normal, and if I can maybe get some advice from a dentist.
drillersmum85

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 03:26 pm
@ilaiiali,
I truly thought you had already been to the dentist. That should have been your first port-of-call. Toothache ergo DENTIST.
ilaiiali

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 12:06 am
@drillersmum85,
I already went to the dentist a few weeks ago like I said, is there anything he'll be able to tell me if I already went?
0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 12:18 pm
@ilaiiali,
When I had similar symptoms that you are describing, my dentist performed a (root canal) to fix my problem.
0 Replies